EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Show / Shine (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-show-shine-86/)
-   -   Before The IX Becomes "JDM" (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-show-shine/405003-before-ix-becomes-jdm.html)

Evokid8 Apr 11, 2009 08:39 AM

dude you'll be the man with LHD (if you were still able to bring it)

BlackTypeS Apr 11, 2009 08:53 AM

Nice interior I like the gauges with the white dash

evosam726 Apr 11, 2009 09:12 AM

nice i like almost looks like mine:lol: but im like WTF wat pin stripe then im like :eek: than one lol well looks good didnt even notice it

DocCola Apr 11, 2009 01:48 PM

So why didn't they let you bring the IX? My buddy just got sent to Korea for 2 years (normally a 1 year tour) and was allowed to bring his family AND his Evo (why he brought that to Korea, I have no idea), don't understand why they didn't let you take yours. Sucks that your car has to sit for 2 years. But at least it should be low milage when you get home! And mostly paid off if not already!

sikwititevo9 Apr 11, 2009 03:08 PM

what kind of gauges do you have? and how did you change your cluster lights to white instead of dstock red?

DocCola Apr 11, 2009 03:18 PM

that's part of the overlay, there is someone on here who sells them. I was going to buy a set but got distracted and never got around to it.

596736 Apr 11, 2009 08:11 PM

I'm sorry that you weren't able to bring it over. So its going to be in storage for 2 years? GL with everything in Japan. As someone said above you would've been the **** with LHD.{thumbup}

TyeVO Apr 11, 2009 10:10 PM

hey what exhaust are you running? also you might invest in a decent radar detector cobra is **** I have had 3-4 they warn you but warn you too late half the time but its better than none

Lgkaos Apr 12, 2009 06:07 AM

It's a rule imposed back in the day by the Japanese government, which is why Korea allows vehicles to be shipped...especially if your buddy is Command-Sponsored to bring his family along since not having a vehicle would be family hardship.

Believe me bro...I wanted (and tried) to bring my IX over here to Okinawa too but in the end...couldn't.

I'm stationed at Kadena, shoot me a PM when you arrive and I can show you around the used-car dealerships that have Evos here.

You can expect to pay:

Evo 1-3: $4-5K
Evo 4-5: $7-8
Evo 6: $11K only found 1 for sale...so far

The majority of the dealerships selling Evo's won't always finance, so you may find it's best to save up for one or have the money ready. The Evos for sale here are usually modded a bit too...so don't expect to find one unmolested.

I ended up buying a very clean Honda Integra Type-R (DC2) for $5K. It gets me to-from work and around but...i DO miss AWD+Turbo.

Some days I seriously consider selling the Type-R and saving up the $10K for a V or VI...but then I realize that I'd be better off using the money to pay off my IX in the states instead.

When it's time to PCS out of Japan (IF you go back stateside) you'll HAVE to get rid of the car and chances are you won't get back what you paid for it.

Just my .02 cents.

gothp? Apr 12, 2009 07:54 AM

ur @ Kadena AFB? im over here @ Camp Shields.i work @ Kadena too.we have a project goin on by the side of the airstrip...i heard theres a buncha stuff u can buy from the autobacs here but i havent really checked it out yet.just hoping they have sum JDM stuff for the evo.hit me up brotha.

lemacfar Apr 12, 2009 07:58 AM

You live in coconut creek? Do you have a cousin who had a white VIII w/ TE37's?? Like real fast?

I used to see you pass by my parents Dunkin' Donuts every week

JAlderman7383 Apr 12, 2009 09:48 AM

sweet pin stripe, they had one at the brandon Mitsubishi dealer in tampa florida with one of those things.

JAlderman7383 Apr 12, 2009 09:50 AM

sweeet car though.

lem Apr 12, 2009 10:04 AM

before the IX becomes jdm----it must lose the pinstripe:D

Spish Apr 12, 2009 07:41 PM

So I guess you're in Oki now? Is you car there yet?