EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-tires-wheels-brakes-suspension-23/)
-   -   Anti-Lift Kits Perrin vs. Whiteline in Street Mod (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-tires-wheels-brakes-suspension/570566-anti-lift-kits-perrin-vs-whiteline-street-mod.html)

dr_latino999 Aug 11, 2015 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by Ang Wen Yan (Post 11488967)
Try getting Whiteline KCA400M {thumbup}

Whiteline's website says it's a 10 application; I'm going to make the assumption that it's cross platform compatible with the 8/9?

Terror Rising Aug 11, 2015 06:25 AM

Correct, sir. It fits our platform as well.

alleggerita Aug 11, 2015 08:00 AM

Has anybody checked whether the latest Perrin 2011-2014 STI Subaru ALK 3" fits the :mitsu: Evo platform?

It is described as 3" which is the identical measurement on the Evo LCA and it even looks the same as the old Evo part ...

http://perrinperformance.com/i-13324...11-14-sti.html

Whether it still comes with the proper spacers is another story ...

alleggerita Aug 11, 2015 05:09 PM

Found this from the horse's mouth on IWSTI.com:

Re: Anti Lift Kit for STi 2011 Sedan
I think there is a misconception about noise. I have had these (ones using the bearings) on 3 different personal cars (75K-ish miles between them)and NEVER had them come loose, or rattle ever (currently going on 4 years on my 08 STI with). The only time its loud is on big potholes. I think this is the case with most all our customers that live where there is no salt on the road. But we do know that it has happened on a few guys cars here and there.

I talked to Chris here who deals with our warranty on these kinds of things and he said it very rare that someone calls with a PSRS being loose. He couldn't remember the last time he sold a bearing to a PSRS customer. A couple weeks ago one of our track day customers brought by a couple pairs to replace bearings in them. Both had 2 years each of track abuse (roughly 20 track days each on them). They were loose, but not to the point of failure, just caused a little rattle. Because he was a returning customer we sold him new bearings and a very fair price. With that said from our chairs its not common to have them come loose and we really don't see much in the way of problems.

If you do have problems, and they are under warranty, then we will take care of you. If they are out of warranty and you are somewhat nice to us, we will get you a good deal on new bearings. We also can get customers SS bearings for a little more additional cost.

This part is a racecar type part that works very well for street use. With that said its not going to last 100k miles on the car (i have seen the OEM parts fail at 40K BTW). Also we don't expect every one of our customers to buy this part. And now that the 2011 STI has the same part as used in the EVO, we know there is even less potential customers interested. But in the EVO world we sell the crap out of these things and they love them (same part as the 2011 STI). I see two kinds of potential customers for the 2011 STI.

-The track day guy or aggressive street driver, who wants to get rid of the rubber and may want the optional added castor. This customer is a great potential customer for our PSRS.

- The other guy drives his car on the street 99% of the time and doesn't care about the removal of rubber and wants added castor. I hate to say stick with the stock part until there is a urethane version with added Castor. This potential customer is one that isn't interested in our PSRS.

We really think the bigger benefit is the removal of the rubber from the bushing and that is what customers are going to notice over the castor.

Not sure what the disclaimer has to do with dust boots or anything. But i can tell you that the simple $2 dust boost doesn't cut it. We have used these in the past and can be added to any of our PSRS's. The problem is they fail. Then you have a false sense of protection and may not look at your PSRS bearings ever.

If you live where the roads are salted or there is high corrosion going on, nothing lasts forever, especially those rubber boots. The bearings we use on our PSRS will stay nice and tight for a long time and only in the high corrosion areas might you see a shortened life span. But from what we see, they last plenty long enough. The best part is to fix them, its rather cheap and easy to do with out messing up the alignment.

I hope that helps answer some of the question and thoughts about our part. If you have more questions or comments, shoot them our way!

-----PERRIN Performance Blog---
Jeff.Perrin@PERRINperformance.com

TwinScrollSnell Aug 11, 2015 08:39 PM

Good to know!

mrfred Aug 12, 2015 03:32 AM

How old is that post? The comment about a possible urethane bearing version is interesting as well.

mrfred Sep 18, 2015 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by timmiii (Post 9794732)
I have installed my Whiteline Anti-Lift kit and there is no need to dent anything. However I noticed that while installing, the bushing height was shorter than the oem bushing. Therefore when I was tightening the bolt it bent upward a bit of the subframe until that portion met with the bottom of the bushing sleeve.

The instructions did not say anything about adding a washer so I just left it and then torqued the bolt to spec.

It took 0.2" of washers for me as well. It may not be advertised as having an ALK feature, but it seems to me that it does, just not as much as the Perrin. The sealed bearing is nice, and the slightly less aggressive offset makes it get along better with a urethane front bushing.

robos4 Sep 20, 2015 11:55 PM

reporting back after installing the Whiteline unit and hitting the track.

Not much additional caster at all :( think ended @ 4.4 - 4.5 degrees total (small increase over factory which I believe is 4.1 degrees).

It did indeed eat away at the fender liner so be warned.

Car felt a difference however I also had carbon drive shaft / slightly more aggressive alignment / reduction of front spacers by 7 mm and these bushings all done at same time.

Now running:

Front:
camber: -3.5deg
toe out 0.02 (mins)
caster 4.5deg

rear:
camber: -2.4 deg
toe - neutral (0)

turn in was better, I just need more practice at the track now :)

mrfred Sep 21, 2015 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by robos4 (Post 11510049)
reporting back after installing the Whiteline unit and hitting the track.

Not much additional caster at all :( think ended @ 4.4 - 4.5 degrees total (small increase over factory which I believe is 4.1 degrees).

Stock is 3.9 degrees, but I imagine you weren't at OEM rake. Between getting closer to stock rake and the Whiteline spherical bushing, I picked up 0.7 degree of caster. Now at 4.3 degrees.

kyoo Mar 22, 2016 01:49 PM

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...rm-anyone.html

raising from the dead - is the above the equivalent part from superpro? was looking just to move the wheel position but added caster and firmer bushings are obviously a bonus - but as far as antilift goes - terms are a little confusing. with this bushing installed, will the front end dive less?

alleggerita Mar 25, 2016 09:37 AM

With the PSRS, if you install the taller spacer up top, you get anti-anti lift and decreased anti dive, as well as probably a tiny bit of additional caster even in the non-offset version.

So you actually get a bit more dive under braking if you use the anti anti-lift feature.

I don't see the Superpro kit having spacers to adjust, so I would expect it to just add caster similar to the offset PSRS and keep toe more stable under suspension loading.

Originally Posted by kyoo (Post 11593062)
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...rm-anyone.html

raising from the dead - is the above the equivalent part from superpro? was looking just to move the wheel position but added caster and firmer bushings are obviously a bonus - but as far as antilift goes - terms are a little confusing. with this bushing installed, will the front end dive less?

kyoo Mar 27, 2016 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by alleggerita (Post 11594542)
With the PSRS, if you install the taller spacer up top, you get anti-anti lift and decreased anti dive, as well as probably a tiny bit of additional caster even in the non-offset version.

So you actually get a bit more dive under braking if you use the anti anti-lift feature.

I don't see the Superpro kit having spacers to adjust, so I would expect it to just add caster similar to the offset PSRS and keep toe more stable under suspension loading.

got it, thankss

0to140in9 Mar 30, 2016 08:31 PM

What are you trying to do? Just move the front wheels forward in the wheel well? I am running 17x8 +35 wheels with drag radials and running into a small clearance issue with the fender
liner and where the side skirt wraps inward into the wheel well when I turn full lock. I'm only considering this super pro kit to move the wheel forward slightly.

Anyone know exactly how far forward it moves the wheel?

kyoo Mar 30, 2016 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by 0to140in9 (Post 11597009)
What are you trying to do? Just move the front wheels forward in the wheel well? I am running 17x8 +35 wheels with drag radials and running into a small clearance issue with the fender
liner and where the side skirt wraps inward into the wheel well when I turn full lock. I'm only considering this super pro kit to move the wheel forward slightly.

Anyone know exactly how far forward it moves the wheel?

yes, move the wheels forward after getting moved back w caster plates. check the STU thread i think someone took measurements

V.8MR Apr 10, 2016 01:19 PM

Deep bump. Installing the WL ALK. It says the indicator is supposed to point outward. Can anyone confirm ive got them right before I press them in?

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.evo...27b6585656.jpg
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.evo...27b6585656.jpg