EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general-250/)
-   -   Dealership Is Pissing Me Off Hardcore!!! Please Read And HELP!! (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general/416363-dealership-pissing-me-off-hardcore-please-read-help.html)

steinvb12 Apr 24, 2009 11:57 AM

Take a deep breath for a second....

1. I would not take the car if they are going to install the SSS. I don't know if they could do it, and higher potential for you to have problems later if they missed something along the way.

2. Just be patient and wait for the car you want. Believe it or not, it is out there. There are many dealerships around, call around and check them out. Even if they don't have one in stock, they may know of their shipments and what they are getting in. You will find it, just relax, and be patient. No one can force you into buying anything you don't want.

Noize Apr 24, 2009 12:04 PM

SSS, the HIDs are worth the price alone. The brights are even HID!
The rest of it, I could live without, but I gotta have the good headlights.

DJ Brett B Apr 24, 2009 12:17 PM

HIDs are a must for me as well- YOU COULD tell them you will settle for the non-SSL model, but ONLY if they upgrade the headlights/wiring harness to HID for no charge, at least get that for free for your troubles, and you just pay the price for GSR. Then you could pay to upgrade stereo components to aftermarket at whatever point you feel the need to upgrade, getting better ones than are offered in the SSL anyway. Play hardball a little bit, you dont have anything to lose and the worst they will say is "no" at which point I would consider other dealerships after the crap they have pulled thus far.

steelers6pack Apr 24, 2009 12:18 PM

The fast key is amazing. I keep it in my pocket at all times. Just walk up to the car sit down foot on the clutch and turn the cap on the ignition. I'm sure it isn't easy to install with the sensors and all that. If they can do it you should see how many free extras you can get for all the hassle.

GPTourer Apr 24, 2009 12:30 PM

I got an SSL because I had to have HIDs and I thought the blue seats were ugly. A retrofit HID kit is not as good as OEM.

When I get my X it will be with SSS. I would not settle for less. I wouldn't want one that can is added on after the fact, I don't feel like it can be done, but you should call Mitsubishi customer service and asked if it is a dealer installed option. They should be able to get you the car you want and nothing less, but understand if the car is a long way off, you can't expect it to be with no miles unless you pay extra for a rollback to go get it. I doubt that is the last white car on the East Coast, its probably just the last white car within reasonable driving distance.

evo unknown Apr 24, 2009 12:35 PM

go a step higher and call mitsu headquarters and ask to speak to someone possibly. u'll get a claim person that u can deal with everytime u call. they may get on that dealership's a$$ about this situation and may force them to get u exactly what u want right away.

i did that when i needed to get my wing warranteed and the dealership was taking so long. so i called headquarters and couple days later they came and saw the car and warranteed my wing that was pealing clearcoat.

atombomb33 Apr 24, 2009 01:05 PM

Get the car you want. Never settle for a car you don't want. If you do, in a few months you'll regret it and there's nothing you can do about it at that point.

Start doing your own search and see if you can find one. I know that at least a couple weeks ago a dealer in Roanoke, VA had a WW with SSS & Aero...but it had around 400 miles. Not sure if you're interested, but that's a hell of a lot better than the one with 3000 miles.

EDIT: here's the dealership with the White GSR with SSS and 400 miles http://www.dsmitsubishi.com/

Xtremist Apr 24, 2009 01:05 PM

They can install the SSS and make it look factory! Would I make an offer like that? No! Make them find the car you requested!!!

5ynth3t1c Apr 24, 2009 01:24 PM

there is a loaded WW X at a dealship in baltimore.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...eadExists=true

atombomb33 Apr 24, 2009 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by 5ynth3t1c (Post 6982298)

I don't think that one has the SSS package :(

rogerbslee Apr 24, 2009 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Evo-IX-MOMO248 (Post 6981374)
Some of you may have seen my posts in other threads. but here is a quick run down. I totaled my Evo IX last year. Picked up a G37S and had it for about 5 months. I went to the mitsubishi dealership and they found me a White Exo X with SSS and Aero. That was exactly what i wanted. I then sold my G within 3 days.

So last saturday i was supposed to pick up my Evo X. They call me saying the one i put a deposit on has 3,000 miles and i can get another color. I flip because i was only going to sell my G if i found the EXACT Evo i wanted...which was white evo x with sss/aero. They call me back 2 hours later telling me they found another one exactly the same with 88 miles and it will be here monday (passed monday) monday comes they say tuesday, then they say wed. When wed comes and they still don't have it i get pissed and started calling the dealership in Philadelphia, PA (thats where they said it was at). I spoke to the manager and he said my dealer was supposed to pick up the car monday and never showed up...THEN he tells me that is has 88 miles but it doesn't have SSS in it. WHY WOULD ME DEALER PICK UP A CAR THAT IS NOT THE ONE I WANT!!!

that wed night i go to my dealer cause im pissed. They tell me they hav a white evo x with 88 miles in philly with sss/aero. They show me a damn print out. I TELL THEM I SPOKE TO THE MANAGER IN PHILLY ON THE PHONE AND HE WAS STAREING AT THE CAR AND HE SAID IT DOES NOT HAVE SSS!!! my dealer keeps waiving this ******* paper in my face saying "if i have this sheet and it says it has sss than it has sss"

i just got off the phone with my dearer right now...its FRIDAY. and guess what. THE ******* CAR DOES NOT HAVE SSS AND THERE GOING TO PICK IT UP MONDAY FOR ME...THATS OVER A WEEK AFTER I WAS SUPPOSED TO GET ONE WITH SSS. They tell me they are going to install it for me. I personally don't think a dealer could do this job and not make it look half-a$$. They gotta install 3 more speakers, HID's with controller to adjust, fast key etc.

Do you guys think a dealer could install an SSS package on a none SSS vehicle and make it look factory??

im also pissed cause i sold my car within 3 days cause they supposedly had the last white evo x sss on the east coast. if i knew they didn't have it i could have taken more time to sell my G and made more money.

please guys....give me some input and what i should do and if you think the dealer can install an SSS package.

sorry for the off-topic but what did you think of the G37? Or is that covered somewhere else?

Jedi_Gill Apr 24, 2009 02:29 PM

Don't do it.. Not only will it not be installed correctly but you'll be stuck with a car that from the first day will have problems.. That's a very complicated installation it's not a simple task.. Expect it to be cut incorrectly and have all kinds of issues down the road. HID if touched will burn quicker because of mishandling.. I just see all kinds of BAD coming from your story.

Just remember this.. Anytime you rush into a decision, your are prone to make mistakes.. Don't do it.. Be patient and keep looking.

evo4g63awd Apr 24, 2009 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by adambl03 (Post 6982357)

Originally Posted by 5ynth3t1c (Post 6982298)

I don't think that one has the SSS package :(

The picture isnt on with the description, picture doesnt show aero that is mentioned. and it has the high spoiler, which is typically an SSS option, or an extra, but not mentioned.

No it does not have SSS - according to the description, it says it has 6 speakers, not the 9 that the sss fosgate has, doesnt say anything about a fast key, or HIDs.

jackygor Apr 24, 2009 03:50 PM

If you do take it...you should AT LEAST get some kind of compensation for your frustration! Don't take it AT ALL COST! You don't want to buy something you regret, because in the long run, you will probably lose money!!!!

Boxerguy56 Apr 24, 2009 04:14 PM

what dealership was this, by the way? just curious...