EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general-250/)
-   -   Overspeed Chime/bell/ding dong or w/e! (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general/477621-overspeed-chime-bell-ding-dong-w-e.html)

acm_evo Mar 3, 2010 03:23 PM

There is no chime on the 2010's either. I've had my MR over 140 mph a couple of times, and heard nothing but wind and engine/exhaust noises.

thatguybryan Mar 3, 2010 03:37 PM

Is this in the United States or in Kuwait? The US cars don't have this nuisance.

Antarius Mar 3, 2010 03:37 PM

yep, I've had mine up over 110 mph and there is no "dinger" in the U.S. version of the car... my guess it is something added perhaps only to the ones wherever you imported your X from. My guess would be give your car over to a local mechanic.. have him locate the source of the ding... and rip it out.

AFD Mar 3, 2010 11:51 PM

Just a thought, but maybe the OP has a navi unit installed that's causing this?

Not sure about the factory nav, but there's quite a few that have a built-in speed warning that can be preset to chime after breaking a certain speed. If that's the case, the limit usually can be adjusted as needed or disabled completely.

janlin Mar 4, 2010 12:02 AM

This is only on Middle East spec Evo's

bpeterson20_89 Mar 4, 2010 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by rcheung (Post 8055290)
Is it me or does nothing happen in the video after 120 KMPH? All I hear is the music but no chime after that speed.

maybe it's the music that kicks in after 120... i found it to be an annoyance..

evo_q8 Mar 4, 2010 01:55 AM

the music that the car has playing is a different thing. U can hear a continuous beep.

My evo 9 mr is the same spec. Doesnt have this annyoing sound!

Toxin Mar 4, 2010 03:43 AM

Drive slowly! Solved!

Seriously though, I'd go bananas since I spend most of my time above 100mph.

WolvieDC Mar 4, 2010 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by evo_q8 (Post 8054115)
Alright, Ive had it. I know ive seen this post before and have tried searching for more than an hour but now I give up.

Driving more than 120 KMPH in the MR just kills! The chime is just too annoying. Has anybody figured a way to get rid of this yet?

Appreciate all the replies and thanks in advance!

No Chime in US model and I have def been over 120kmph.

WolvieDC Mar 4, 2010 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by mike100 (Post 8055312)
you could take the low-tech route and find the piezoelectric speaker for the chime and either cut it out or desolder it from the circuit or maybe relocate it with wires off the board so you could run it with a switch to turn it off.

^this

or a fuse

but if the chime is coming from your normal speakers :crap:

WWIXMR Mar 4, 2010 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by evo_q8 (Post 8054972)
MPH - Miles Per hour!

KMPH - Kilometers Per hour!

uh...you mean, KPH - Kilometers Per Hour :rolleyes:

Yousef Mar 4, 2010 12:05 PM

mine makes that ANNOYING noise too, it even beep beep beep when I reverse

Crester Mar 4, 2010 12:26 PM

Why would they equip cars in Dubai, etc. with speed warning chimes? That area of the globe is all about fast and expensive cars.

Are there laws in your country requiring these warning chimes?

Yousef Mar 4, 2010 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Crester (Post 8058898)
Why would they equip cars in Dubai, etc. with speed warning chimes? That area of the globe is all about fast and expensive cars.

Are there laws in your country requiring these warning chimes?

all cars with no exception have it
my STS makes the beep once and stop but the Evo's is sooooo annoying it never stops after 120km/h

5ynth3t1c Mar 4, 2010 12:41 PM

I wish I knew how to disable it. Almost All the JDM cars have this warning. When I lived in Japan I always hated taking long road trips because of the damn beeping if you went over a certain KPH.