EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general-250/)
-   -   May be changing from MR to GSR. Need Input. (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-general/507206-may-changing-mr-gsr-need-input.html)

DK01 Aug 7, 2010 11:14 PM

Changing to a short shifter and all of the bushings makes the shifting feel so much better. Make sure to change to a short shifter that is angled to the left like the TWM Performance one.

weneversleep Aug 13, 2010 01:33 PM

After driving my IX MR around for a while, I always love getting in my X MR and the SST.

Best of both worlds, I guess. I love love love the SST, both on road and on track, but I'm sure if I didn't have another manual car to drive, I would miss rowing gears myself.

murlo26 Aug 13, 2010 02:12 PM

My vote do it...GSR > MR for most applications except pure DD...price/performance that is.

doc mighty Feb 22, 2011 01:10 PM

I just went from my 08 MR to an 11 GSR last night, and aside from the fact that I keep trying to shift on my steering wheel, I have no regrets.

Fittest Feb 22, 2011 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by doc mighty (Post 9098773)
I just went from my 08 MR to an 11 GSR last night, and aside from the fact that I keep trying to shift on my steering wheel, I have no regrets.

https://img191.imageshack.us/img191/...mbiethread.png

ToddMcF2002 Feb 22, 2011 04:16 PM

Its always a good day when someone ditches an automatic {thumbup}

EvilRob Feb 22, 2011 07:10 PM

I dunno about all you guys but my GSR shifts just fine. When I first got the car it was a little notchy (nothing close to what you guys make it sound like) before the car warmed up. Now the car shifts perfect no grinding no notchy feeling and I only put 4000 miles since I bought it.

csmith82177 Feb 22, 2011 07:32 PM

40k mi GSR shifts smooth. Also, don't discount that you are ditching the chrome and getting sexy black window surrounds. . .

kzlflash Feb 22, 2011 09:35 PM

It's been a while since I installed the redline mix, twm transmission arm and base bushings. I also have a heavier shift knob. Is it still suppose to be notchy as **** when i'ts cold? It's really annoying and the clunk crack feeling when going to 2nd and 3rd makings driving the evo really uncomfortable cause I feel I'm messing it up.

doc mighty Feb 24, 2011 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by Fittest (Post 9099211)

Lol...I dunno how to respond to this :lol:

xdmitrix Feb 25, 2011 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by kracka (Post 8553503)
in stock condition the clutch/tranny/shifter feels like total garbage in the x, luckily, this is very easy and fairly cheap (all things considered) to resolve.

Here is what i've personally done to my car:

-removed clutch restrictor pill
-changed tranny fluid to the redline cocktail
-works short shifter ($150)
-works shifter bushings (base and cable)
-works grab aluminum shift knob
-ams shifter gate pivot bushing

with these mods done i am very happy with the feel! It actually shifts like a sports car should. I spent just under $300 total for everything above and it was worth every penny.

derekste Feb 25, 2011 06:18 AM

slightly off topic, but just figured I'd throw it out there... I'd be happy to work out a trade for my 08 PB GSR (with 44k at the time of this post :-/) for an MR (or SE) if there is anyone out there looking to make the switch ;-)

EvoX-11 Feb 25, 2011 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by kzlflash (Post 9100291)
It's been a while since I installed the redline mix, twm transmission arm and base bushings. I also have a heavier shift knob. Is it still suppose to be notchy as **** when i'ts cold? It's really annoying and the clunk crack feeling when going to 2nd and 3rd makings driving the evo really uncomfortable cause I feel I'm messing it up.

Agreed. I have the redline mix also. Even though it helped little bit, it sure didnt take care my 2nd to 3rd clunk

SniperwolF Feb 25, 2011 09:36 AM

sometimes u nid to make wrong decision only to find the wright one ...

my GSR is my 1st manual car .. where i learned to drive manual - i said to myself if i want this car then i need to know how to drive it ... for my 1st manual car .. it was not THAT hard to drive it ... i got some ****ty times .. bt u nid to experience that for u to know how or to do better.

just tweek out ur shifter --by using bushing or short shifter - ull have better shifting experience .. and for some other reason theres a lot of product out there to recuperate the things that u dont like on the car ..

if u can wait till the new version comes .. wait (coz ull lose a lot of money).. if ur rich go ahead what ever makes u happy!

philamthebest Feb 25, 2011 09:57 AM

i changed from an mr to gsr, best choice i ever made.