EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X Show / Shine (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-show-shine-261/)
-   -   GSR interior upgrade to leather (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-show-shine/366015-gsr-interior-upgrade-leather.html)

boostedgraphite Aug 27, 2008 07:54 AM

wow impressive, i never knew this option existed, and i cant believe its so cheap...if anyone has any information on the MR style seat covers with the suede (if this exists) lemme know

Moostafa29 Aug 27, 2008 08:03 AM

Looks great, but I agree with one of the previous posters about the temperature. Its so much cooler in the car with cloth, so I'm pretty happy as is.

jimm Aug 27, 2008 09:25 AM

I might feel the same if I lived in southern CA instead of Cleveland..... Hot wearther not such an issue :)

Vivid Racing Aug 27, 2008 09:43 AM

I like it! looks great

JaxRRevoX Aug 27, 2008 10:22 AM

wow, nice

IMR-TIM Aug 27, 2008 10:25 AM

$1300 installed in REALLY CHEAP for leather. This price amazes me. Congrats on the leather man, looks great!!!!

goofygrin Aug 27, 2008 10:47 AM

So, what about the airbags in the seats? I know that in previous cars with airbags in the seats, it required special stitching in order to allow the airbag to release.

Since these are an OEM part, I bet it's OK, but I just wondered.

And I wonder if you'll get the leather/cloth pulling out around the head rest insert? I would have been interested to see how that portion installs...

GSXR Aug 27, 2008 11:12 AM

Looks really nice! Good deal for $1300 installed.

+1 for part numbers.

I'll probably do just the door inserts for now.

jimm Aug 27, 2008 12:44 PM

Hi guys...to answer your questions...

Airbags should work fine as they are Mistu seats installed by a Mistu shop.

I will try and post more closeups today so you can see the detail.

I am not sure that you can get just the inserts as I think it is a "package".

2kvette Aug 27, 2008 01:16 PM

Stay tuned for pictures of my custom 2-tone leather interior. I promise...... will blow away those leather seats from Mitsu. Looks like directly from the factory. Awaiting wifey back from vacation with the digital camera. Did I mention AME Circular-R rims and Toyo tires too???:D

jimm Aug 27, 2008 01:32 PM

Not in a contest...BTW, are they the seats with the red/black?

goofygrin Aug 27, 2008 02:30 PM

I emailed Don Herring and he called the package: "Mitsubishi Certified Leather Interior" for those of you asking your parts desk for this.

He said the price sounded about right.

2kvette Aug 27, 2008 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by jimm (Post 6054768)
Not in a contest...BTW, are they the seats with the red/black?

I was just busting everyone's balls. :D Your seats actually look awesome{thumbup} .......just playing around. If I had know that those were available...... I would have purchased them myself. Funny........ how did you know mine were black and red???? :confused: I had them black with red inserts on the seat and back. The door panels were red also. The shift boot red with black piping. I am going to post pictures as soon as I get the digital camera back! BTW...... I had an after-market company do the work. They did a great job....... but for $2300. :eek:

hgby Aug 27, 2008 02:49 PM

so was the leather a slip on or completely new seats? and also, how did you get heated seats? i need heated seats in my car for the harse winters...

antics22 Aug 27, 2008 03:10 PM

The leather looks great!!!!

i have a strong suspicion that these are not actually MITSUBISHI leather covers.. but rather a dealer's "twist of words" on aftermarket leather...

The price matches what aftermarket companies would normally charge for aftermarket leather...

I could be wrong, but I dont think these are actually a Mitsubishi part.