EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo X Show / Shine (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-show-shine-261/)
-   -   New install: Coltspeed GT shifter + ARC titan knob (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-show-shine/459684-new-install-coltspeed-gt-shifter-arc-titan-knob.html)

Kajii Jan 13, 2010 03:08 PM

^shouldn't be on the phone while you're driving anyway;)

Pete3kGT Jan 13, 2010 06:37 PM

One word "FAIL" {thumbdwn}

I think you could have found something that's actually worth a damn for $300 bucks.

kmart888 Apr 1, 2010 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by LVSBB6 (Post 7739107)
So I guess you are not aware that SST allows you to shift between gears (1st to 6th gear) via the base shifter, you thought it only allows you to shift between P, R, D gear :rolleyes::lol:

If you see a good purpose of a weighted shift knob, then this GT shifter makes an even greater difference in sequential gearbox shifting because it brings the shifter much closer to the steering wheel, the offset of the gear shifter also brings it a little closer to the drive so there is less reach for the driver to shift between gears during driving. The shifter sits basically right beside the steering wheel, its much quicker and convenient to reach the shifter during aggressive driving.

The SST is a sequential gear box, it makes perfect sense to put in a sequential type gear shifter in there.

This part has nothing to do with a traditional manual gearbox. SST is superior to a traditional manual gear box in terms of the speed of gear shifting, this GT shifter further enhance the dynamics of shifting by reducing the driver's hand movement between the steering wheel and shifter. You will notice huge improvement in aggressive driving where you have to constantly shift up and down between gears.

Again this part serves its real purpose ONLY for those who likes to shift +/- gears using the base shifter in daily driving.

There is no point to get this part if you use the paddles shifts behind the steering wheel, or drive the car in automatic D mode.

Its too funny to see people who has never driven a SST before, basically jumps right into conclusions based on assumptions.

+1{thumbup}

kmart888 Apr 1, 2010 09:12 AM

I like the looks and, after really wanting a car with "paddle shifters", I find I actually like using the base shifter 90% of the time. Problem is I am not a big JDM fan boy and the only place I have this item listed is the Colt Speed site that is in Japanese and list the price in yen; I am not comfortable ordering from an overseas supplier. Is there a US distributer (yes I searched ).

Frankiago Apr 1, 2010 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by kmart888 (Post 8155579)
Problem is I am not a big JDM fan boy and the only place I have this item listed is the Colt Speed site that is in Japanese and list the price in yen; I am not comfortable ordering from an overseas supplier. Is there a US distributer (yes I searched ).

Would probably be about $380 shipped:

http://www.japanparts.com/db/parts_d...&SEARCH_page=2

I doubt you'll find this in the US.

kmart888 Apr 1, 2010 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Frankiago (Post 8155930)
Would probably be about $380 shipped:

http://www.japanparts.com/db/parts_d...&SEARCH_page=2

I doubt you'll find this in the US.

Thanks, I sent a query by email, what a PITA!

jcroswell Apr 1, 2010 07:12 PM

It looks out of place{thumbdwn}

RevMatcher Jun 10, 2010 08:20 PM

Sick!!

heavyD Jun 10, 2010 09:37 PM

I'm not surprised that someone bought it but I can't believe a shop spent time and money designing and making it. What's next a billet lever connected to the turn signal stalk?

deanob Apr 10, 2012 08:52 AM

I'm not a fan of paddle shifting, I use the the sequential stick 90% of the time.

From non JDM, Sequential shifting and REAL MR owner point a view... I think its great! IMHO its more GT/rally style than JDM and I'd rock it no problem.

The price however is a bit high considering the amount of material is there....

vik_evo Apr 10, 2012 10:49 AM

Id buy it if they made it for the gsr , looks sick

r4114rt Jan 28, 2022 05:50 AM

this was very helpful

thank u for ur review. would u recommend this for someone with mobility problems? i use a wheel spinner on the left side of the steering wheel to help with turns. unfortunately, it's my right side thats affected and the stock shifter is to low to shift to shift comfortably. ive had to keep it auto mode for the past 3 weeks. can u lmk how much length this adds to the shifter? i was recently diagnosed so any suggestions that may b helpful are greatly appreciated. and for everyone hatin on this it looks a lot cooler than my wheel spinner that looks like it came off a freakin tractor.

RobbieOh Sep 29, 2022 01:42 PM

This was a fun thread from the past to read.