EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Lancer Engine Management / Tuning Forums (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-engine-management-tuning-forums-200/)
-   -   ROAD/RACE- New N/A Power (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-engine-management-tuning-forums/380947-road-race-new-n-power.html)

WhiteGTS18 Nov 15, 2008 03:20 PM

so does this spice in and if so how many wires? or does it just connect between something. what is involved in the installation?

chetman7 Nov 15, 2008 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by crayonshinchan (Post 6346720)
"Also having to run 91+ octane even on a long trip is an issue to many."

Can someone enlighten me on why running 91 octane is an issue to many? I just started running 91 to my car because I noticed an improvement in throttle response and smoother shifting (with RRM V2 SRI + Pulley), is it good/harmful for the engine to run at a higher octane than it is rated at?

its an issue b/c its expensive

ambystom01 Nov 15, 2008 08:53 PM

Not so much anymore.

nj_08_gts Nov 15, 2008 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by ambystom01 (Post 6354523)
Not so much anymore.

It won't be that way for long {thumbup}

Mitsu008 Nov 15, 2008 10:00 PM

ROCK is ur ROAD/RACE PIGGY BACK ECU- VER. 1 TURBO for the 08s?/ can i use it to tune my car for fuel management cuz it runs like Crap untuned matter of fact im taking the turbo off Sunday morning

ROCK Nov 16, 2008 03:50 PM

That piggy is not for turbo.
91 or 93 octane is what is required with a reflash so some guys are willing to do it. we have this tuned to 91 octane. IF you want to stay 87 only then RRM PIGGYBACK only is the way to go. We are discussing the unit. Again it PLUGS IN> PLUGS OUT. That is it. We want 2 guys to review it. It will cost something but there will be a nice little discount. If you do not want this product, DYNOED 9 H.P., then you will not want a flash and bust your warranty!!!! IF you want to be one of these guys....... SEE MY FIRST POST, then contact me by phone.

ROAD/RACE:apimp:

Evolve247 Nov 17, 2008 11:13 AM

i've lent my car for these 'testing periods' Rob is talkin about. Can't wait to see what comes of all this.

WhiteGTS18 Nov 17, 2008 02:41 PM

I called earlier looking for you Rob but they said you weren't in yet so i'm gonna try back in a little while. I am deffinately interested in testing out this product.

WhiteGTS18 Nov 17, 2008 04:06 PM

nevermind talked with someone else and they said you were looking for only local people, didn't realize that. well anyway as soon as its ready for sale im down for 1 along with the pzev headers and cel eliminator.

ROCK Nov 17, 2008 06:10 PM

No. Thye thought that. A non local will be fine for this product. Call tomorrow after 3 PAC time. If I am not there, leave your number.

Paloom Jan 1, 2009 09:17 PM

So whatever happened to this secret mod?

BABYGOTBACK Jan 1, 2009 10:25 PM

So let me get this right?! You do not need the RRM Piggy Back for this "Plug and Play" set up. You can gain up to 9 h.p. with the 2.4 ltr 09 Lancer. What other gains will you get with the RRM intake, headers, axle back? Will this benefit the 2008 2.0 equally as the 2.4 or is the larger displacement giving you the main power source? Last question or topic of discussion is cost, and availability?? Thanks again ROCK!!

Richplaydo Jan 4, 2009 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by Paloom (Post 6525680)
So whatever happened to this secret mod?

Yeah an update would be cool... and if you can reveal some more details that would be great. Its all a little vague

ROCK Jan 4, 2009 10:19 AM

We got the srong plugs so we were waiting for the right ones. White GTS will be our test car. Will not be long now.

Stuntfly02 Jan 4, 2009 02:20 PM

I can't believe i missed this thread. This is exactly the type of mod I've been waiting for. Hope this is finished soon, as I get a rather large raise this year and I plan to go big on some mods.