EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Lancer Engine Management / Tuning Forums (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-engine-management-tuning-forums-175/)
-   -   03 Lancer Definition File & Flash Help (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-engine-management-tuning-forums/610886-03-lancer-definition-file-flash-help.html)

jakermeister May 29, 2012 04:10 PM

Maybe they gave him a new ecu when he replaced it? That could be the reason it might need the "ocp" on the flash.

marcouxa1 May 29, 2012 07:14 PM

ok now i changed the definition file 88200000 and made a copy and changed everything to my rom id number and year, etc instead of the 88200000 and mine uses mitsukernel flash method...and now it works i can see the maps but i have all kind of weird numbers in the maps???

RoadSpike May 29, 2012 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by marcouxa1 (Post 10192541)
ok now i changed the definition file 88200000 and made a copy and changed everything to my rom id number and year, etc instead of the 88200000 and mine uses mitsukernel flash method...and now it works i can see the maps but i have all kind of weird numbers in the maps???

Why are you using my definition file?

All you had to do was update the definition for your car to use the right flashing method.

marcouxa1 May 30, 2012 01:53 PM

I did try to change only the mitsukernel mine uses mitsukernel not mitsukernelocp and i still couldn't see the maps from my rom

RoadSpike May 30, 2012 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by marcouxa1 (Post 10194049)
I did try to change only the mitsukernel mine uses mitsukernel not mitsukernelocp and i still couldn't see the maps from my rom

If you can't see any definitions it means you needed to download an xml file with the right settings. That or use a better defined rom like my own bigmaps or something to have control.

marcouxa1 May 31, 2012 05:48 PM

Ok i finaly found why i couldn't load the rom....the hex i had was using mitsukernel and i needed one with mitsukernelocp....im dumb i guess but at learn i learn!!!

sheezy'sES Jun 5, 2012 01:54 PM

Ok, so I've purchased evoscan and read the ecu so I know that the cable works now, but having trouble downloading Senate's Definition List. Is there anyway or anywhere else to download a definition list for my car?? I can't even attempt to upload my tune now using this laptop cause of the definition problem now. AARRGG!!!

marcouxa1 Jun 5, 2012 04:40 PM

Roadspike has definitions for 03 and 05-07 that also works for 04

03lances Jun 5, 2012 08:10 PM

I can email them to you if you shoot me a pm

sheezy'sES Jun 6, 2012 12:33 PM

Pm'd 03lances. Let me know something when you can. Also, anyone out there who's done this and could work with me over the phone that would be great. Just let me know. Really want to get my car back up and running like it should be. Text or call me @ 864-607-8202. If for some reason I don't answer please leave a message and I will call you back.

sheezy'sES Jun 23, 2012 02:54 PM

So I haven't solved the problem still. Just been babying the car around the past few weeks but now have a little time to try to fix the car today. Tried the new definition files and same thing...No Vehicle Interface. Talked with someone else today and wanted to ask some others. Why can't I put my original ecu back int w/the my tune, read it with evoscan, swap it with the new computer and then write to the new ecu?? Would that work?? Don't see why it wouldn't but didn't know for sure.

sheezy'sES Jun 28, 2012 06:09 AM

So I tried the old computer w/ the tune. Read it w/ EvoScan, replaced the computer and wrote the files to the new computer. Car still pops and skips around 5psi of boost. Not sure what's going on, but not running lean, so unsure of what to do now. Any help would be appreciated.

Green_Bandit Jun 28, 2012 08:39 AM

Spark plugs ok? Gapped to. 25?

sheezy'sES Jun 29, 2012 07:09 PM

Yeah plugs are fine. Runs fine until like 5psi. It feels like a fuel problem but according to the wideband not running lean at all, running around 12.

03lances Jun 30, 2012 11:51 AM

Try dropping the gap lower. I run .20 Used to run mine at .25 all the time until I started having issues with misfire in boost. Ran mint off boost just when I hit 10+ misfire. Aaron dropped mine to .20 when RyanCB and I went down to ER and suggested I run that all the time. No issues since (well not with misfire anyways :P)