Notices

03 Lancer Definition File & Flash Help

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2012, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 Lancer Definition File & Flash Help

I've recently had to replace my computer in my Lancer and need a little assistance with uploading my tune into the new ecu. I've downloaded EcuFlash and bought the ecuflash cable to do the upload, but I have no clue on what I need to do to get the tune uploaded. Batlground Motorsports has already sent me the file and they told me I need to upload the definition file first, but I've noticed there are several ones for the 03 Lancer ES Automatic and wanted to know which one I need to use?? Also, didn't know exactly what I needed to do to upload the file with my tune on it and if I need to put it in a certain spot. Again, I've never tuned and have no knowledge of it, but would really like to get this done if I could with the help of people on evoM. If someone can help me I would really appreciate it. If I need to hook-up and have things ready and someone could walk me through it that would be great. Any assistance would be helpful since there is no one in the area that can help me. Thanks.
Old May 8, 2012, 04:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/la...ster-list.html

Download Senate's file at the bottom of Post #1 then follow his directions to extract to the proper directory. After that open your tune in ecuflash and it should pop up with all the maps. Next use your cable to connect your laptop to your car. Then turn Key on with Engine off. Once you are connected and key on Ecuflash should recognize the cable and the once greyed out options at the top should now be accesible. I would first pull the rom off that ecu just incase something should happen. After you pull the rom and save it then highlight your tune in the "open rom Documents" window and click on the write to ecu button up top.
Old May 14, 2012, 12:37 PM

Not sure which definition file I'm supposed to use. There is more than one available for the 03 lancer es auto. Which one do I use??
Old May 14, 2012, 03:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sheezy'sES
Not sure which definition file I'm supposed to use. There is more than one available for the 03 lancer es auto. Which one do I use??
The definition will be automatically chosen by Ecuflash. You just need to make sure you have Senate's defintions downloaded and they are in the correct rommetadata folder inside ecuflash. Then all you should have to do is open up your rom in ecuflash and as long as one of those definitions is the correct one ecuflash will find and use it automatically.
Old May 14, 2012, 06:52 PM

The definition files were extracted to the correct folder, but now the tune won't open. It keeps giving me an error message when I open it. It says unknown rom image ecu flash could not recognize ROM image using any of the current definitions. You can choose one of following options...Abort using this rom image or Use wizard to create new definition files (NOT RECOMMENDED!! FOR DEVELOPERS ONLY). Not sure what to do from the here. Any help would be appreciated.
Old May 14, 2012, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03lances
The definition will be automatically chosen by Ecuflash. You just need to make sure you have Senate's defintions downloaded and they are in the correct rommetadata folder inside ecuflash. Then all you should have to do is open up your rom in ecuflash and as long as one of those definitions is the correct one ecuflash will find and use it automatically.
What he said...if you had it in the right folder it would pick it up for a 03 rom. Sounds like you broke ecu flash. Its easier to just move the def's into the folder ecuflash looks at out of the box vs changing it in the settings.
Old May 14, 2012, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ryancb
What he said...if you had it in the right folder it would pick it up for a 03 rom. Sounds like you broke ecu flash. Its easier to just move the def's into the folder ecuflash looks at out of the box vs changing it in the settings.
Ditto here ^^^^ lol, just create a folder on your desktop and name it something like "definitions" then take all those from senates download and put them all in that folder. Then go into ecuflash under File>options Directories>metadata directory and hit browse and select that folder on your desktop. If it still doesnt open let us know.
Old May 16, 2012, 12:38 PM

Alright, so I'm sitting here with the car. Everything has been done. Definition files are in the, metadata part of ecuflash, the tune is opened and when I hook up to the car, turn the key on, and click to write to the ecu, it says interface close and below that unable to connect to vehicle interface. Not sure what to do at this point. Thought everything would work this time. Any help would be useful.
Old May 16, 2012, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Positive the plug is in the obd2 port completely?
Old May 16, 2012, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Key on engine Not running correct?
Old May 16, 2012, 05:08 PM

Yeah key is on and not running the car. Everything seems to be plugged in all the way. This is so freakin frustrating.
Old May 16, 2012, 05:10 PM
Evolved Member

Drivers aren't installed. Reinstall Evoscan and it should reinstall open port drivers as part of it.
Old May 16, 2012, 07:28 PM

Just uninstalled and reinstalled ecuflash and same problem.
Old May 16, 2012, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

Read what I said again...
Old May 17, 2012, 08:18 AM

I read what your saying. I'm not using Evoscan, I'm using EcuFlash. All the drivers for the open port did install, I do believe. It shows up open port 1.3 something when I hook up the cable, just no vehicle interface when I try to write to the ecu. I've never done this before, so sorry if I'm doing something wrong.

Quick Reply: 03 Lancer Definition File & Flash Help