EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Lancer Engine Management / Tuning Forums (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-engine-management-tuning-forums-175/)
-   -   2003 Lancer OZ Rally Upgrade Suggestions (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-engine-management-tuning-forums/662340-2003-lancer-oz-rally-upgrade-suggestions.html)

Grind3r Apr 15, 2014 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by RT78 (Post 11178146)
Hoping I don't offend any other Lancer owners out there, but if you really want more power, keep the 2 grand you'd need for a custom turbo install and use that towards a car with a bigger motor.

Dude...STFU :lol:

ambystom01 Apr 15, 2014 04:56 PM

He's 100% right.

marcouxa1 Apr 15, 2014 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by RT78 (Post 11178146)
Hoping I don't offend any other Lancer owners out there, but if you really want more power, keep the 2 grand you'd need for a custom turbo install and use that towards a car with a bigger motor.

People don't necessarely want another car...i like my lancer because when i go in car meets im the only turbo lancer in there...it's something different and it's the reason why ppl want to mod their lancer imo

RT78 Apr 17, 2014 02:06 AM

I mean don't get me wrong i love my es, but imo throwing like a grand into it(n/a setup) just to be able to squeeze like 20hp out of it, or throwing roughly 2 grand(turbo) just isn't worth the money. I mean yeah the turbo route will get you much more power, but there's other factors that make it much more of a gamble. Spun bearing maybe, possible cracked rod, hell a buddy of mine had an old Grand Prix turbo coupe, he decided he wanted to play with the boost level(stock was like 6.9psi or somethin) so he cranked it up to 11psi. Jumped on the highway and laid into the gas and according to him he heard a loud "boof" and instantly saw a hole in his hood. He claims he shot a piston clear out of the block :lol:

ambystom01 Apr 17, 2014 06:46 AM

You're not going to get 20 HP for $1000 NA. You're going to get 0 HP.

Grind3r Apr 17, 2014 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by RT78 (Post 11180589)
I mean don't get me wrong i love my es, but imo throwing like a grand into it(n/a setup) just to be able to squeeze like 20hp out of it, or throwing roughly 2 grand(turbo) just isn't worth the money. I mean yeah the turbo route will get you much more power, but there's other factors that make it much more of a gamble. Spun bearing maybe, possible cracked rod, hell a buddy of mine had an old Grand Prix turbo coupe, he decided he wanted to play with the boost level(stock was like 6.9psi or somethin) so he cranked it up to 11psi. Jumped on the highway and laid into the gas and according to him he heard a loud "boof" and instantly saw a hole in his hood. He claims he shot a piston clear out of the block :lol:

Well thats on him for not taking the time to have it retuned/reflashed for the added boost...You go and damn near double the boost level, what do expect to happen...the ECU isnt gonna just magically retune itself :)

RT78 Apr 18, 2014 02:45 AM

True, but that was in the late 90's and that's what happens when you're a teenager tinkering with a boosted car and don't know about the finer aspects of tuning, guy's a great mech. now though. I'd just hate to be the one on the receiving end of that piston :D

monkeypirate Apr 18, 2014 03:08 AM

Ok. Fun thought! waist a huge amount of money and cram a EVO drive train into the OZ! How much fun would it be as a sleeper? And Im sure Im going to get a reply saying it wont work, But I've done much odder stuff. its all about how much time and disregard for safety you have.

RT78 Apr 18, 2014 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by monkeypirate (Post 11181822)
Ok. Fun thought! waist a huge amount of money and cram a EVO drive train into the OZ! How much fun would it be as a sleeper? And Im sure Im going to get a reply saying it wont work, But I've done much odder stuff. its all about how much time and disregard for safety you have.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: I love the disregard for safety part

02modlanceroz Apr 18, 2014 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by monkeypirate (Post 11181822)

One guy on the forum successfully did do this swap.

ambystom01 Apr 19, 2014 12:04 AM

And it took him more than a year and god knows what ever happened to it.

MarkOJ1011 Apr 19, 2014 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by ambystom01 (Post 11182715)
And it took him more than a year and god knows what ever happened to it.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...4-19005049.jpg
It's right here #stfudontyoudriveasubarunow #hater #aintgotnothingbettertosaybro #youjustgottrolledlol

ambystom01 Apr 19, 2014 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by MarkOJ1011 (Post 11182722)
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...4-19005049.jpg
It's right here #stfudontyoudriveasubarunow #hater #aintgotnothingbettertosaybro #youjustgottrolledlol

This isn't Twitter, and nothing I said was "hating", bro. There hasn't been an update in a long time, and based on what you've posted in the past, it took more than a year to complete the project. You haven't posted in months, and before that, sparingly, and you grace us with this attempt at trolling. Awesome.

You also said this back in 2012:

Not much more than a brand new ES... saves you A WHOLE LOT OF HEADACHES... believe me, if this option was available to me, I would have just gotten this.

MarkOJ1011 Apr 19, 2014 01:25 AM

The twitter thing you are referring to is my retort to your negativity. I'm really sick of it bro.

ambystom01 Apr 19, 2014 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by MarkOJ1011 (Post 11182725)
The twitter thing you are referring to is my retort to your negativity. I'm really sick of it bro.

What negativity? Saying the same thing you essentially did that it's not a simple project? Really, it's hard to take your comments seriously when you yourself express reservations about recommending that other people follow in your footsteps. I haven't seen you post any real advice for people looking to do the same thing other than telling them how difficult it is.

As you put it:

But to be honest, I totally agree with your whole mantra about tackling a challenge, but if you had to ask questions about how to do this in the first place, it just looks like you're not ready to partake in such a feat...