EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-how-requests-questions-tips-205/)
-   -   Stereo Kit Update (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-how-requests-questions-tips/317235-stereo-kit-update.html)

tranceguy420 Mar 5, 2008 01:43 PM

On 2 - 1200 watt amps, rms at 1 ohm each, i put 3 1farad caps. absolutely no difference. I put 1 yellow top optima battery, and got 20-25 seconds before my voltage dropped from 14.8 to below 13. Your amps put out optimum power at 14.4 volts. So, from my experience, definately.
I also used to be part of a sound competition car club, and some of the other guys had them. We added optima batteries to all of them, then we noticed the difference. I personally think enough of them will do good, but dont think they are as good as a high quality deep cell battery. Like the kind used for trolling motors,RVs, and golf carts. Optima makes a good one for your car.

ghostlancer Mar 5, 2008 06:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
sold

tranceguy420 Mar 6, 2008 06:30 AM

Update.... upon giving more thought to why the dash kit didnt seem to be seating properly, i got the bright idea to check the back of the other dash piece for snap clips. There they were. All of them were attached to the back of the factory dash panel. I feel so stupid for not thinking of this before. However, it doesnt say anything about those in the metra instructions so this post was to let everyone else who might not think to check, know about those clips.
It sits much better now, though still sticks out just a hair at the bottom.

cbenite1 Mar 7, 2008 11:48 AM

jus a hair is fine by me... the volume only goin up to 45 is pissin me off.. i need to switch it, i tracked my kit is about an hour away if its not here tomorrow im going to drive over and get it...

im not puttin in a dvd or double din but its going to be switch... and fast

cbenite1 Mar 11, 2008 07:17 PM

3 Attachment(s)
heres a single DIN... not to bad if i do say so myself. sounds great.. the only problem is the cover for the trunk behind the back seats rattles and hits the window like others have... temporary fix, my jacket..

tranceguy420 Mar 12, 2008 07:22 AM

Looks nice man, whered you get that trim piece for under neath. I think that looks better than my silver one.

Also does your sort of creak alot when you hit bumps?

tranceguy420 Mar 12, 2008 07:23 AM

I got a lot of weight on mine though with the d3 .

08Lancer89 Mar 12, 2008 07:58 AM

I had an optima batt, and it was dead off the self, then the next one I got made my car act wierd so I took it back, I will get a better batt later on, My car works good, it had a degi readout and its always around 14.3

08Lancer89 Mar 12, 2008 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by cbenite1 (Post 5396612)
heres a single DIN... not to bad if i do say so myself. sounds great.. the only problem is the cover for the trunk behind the back seats rattles and hits the window like others have... temporary fix, my jacket..

for a fix to that problem, I went to a local arts and crafts store and picked up some foam stuffing and ramed it under the pastic try problem fixed. {thumbup}

cbenite1 Mar 12, 2008 08:24 AM

yea it might be the wieght cuz my HU doesnt make any sound... the trim is off of the DE's i like it... i dont have the flashy stuff so i could drop the price on the car.. besides i figure i'ma switch it all out anyways. i dont have the color keyed handles and mirrors, my cars black it wouldnt matter anyways! i did get an A/C tho.. no way in hell ima sit in traffic with no A/C

i got some 17's that i'm about to paint.. just replaced the stereo with 2 12''s. i have an exhaust.. got some adjustable coilovers going on.. and short ram intake. using a how to off of here im going to smoke my lights this weekend
just waitin on my insurance money to put it all in

thanx for the tip on the foam... i was jus going to shove cardboard or something in between them

dunstop Mar 16, 2008 07:35 PM

Hi, I've purchased a DVD HeadUnit and the Metra Panel. But my audio installer seems to have trouble wiring the DVD HeadUnit back to my stock Rockford Fosgate amplifier.

Has any brothers/sisters who's driving a GTS managed to change to an aftermarket HU and wired it back to the factory 650watts amp? Please help....

Thanks in advance...

dunstop Mar 20, 2008 02:06 AM

Maybe just let you know my problem. I've purchased a JVC HeadUnit - AVX805. The installer says that he has problems wiring up the headunit to the amplifier. So wat he did in the meantime is that now he wire the 4 speakers direct to the HeadUnit...bypassing the amplifier. It means that he has actually found the individual 4 speaker wires out from the stock headunit.
I suspect that I'll just need to wire the 4 speaker wires to the JVC Headunit...but he say cannot work coz need other wiring. So I'm not sure also.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

cbenite1 Mar 21, 2008 12:19 PM

the only thing i need is a smaller light wieght box.. id make one but i dont know what the size and all that would have to be so that the subs sound the way theyre supposed to and the air flow is on point

tranceguy420 Mar 23, 2008 07:43 PM

Go sealed in the trunk IMO. Tend to have tighter bass in trunks. As far as the space, go on the man. website and look up box dimensions for your particular sub.

cbenite1 Mar 24, 2008 06:30 AM

go to the website for the brand of my subs company?? or is there some other website that has it?