EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-tires-wheels-brakes-suspension-sponsored-tire-rack-201/)
-   -   08 Lancer LSD (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/lancer-tires-wheels-brakes-suspension-sponsored-tire-rack/338754-08-lancer-lsd.html)

Blacksheepdj Apr 17, 2008 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by LancerGTS (Post 5552255)
I believe he said "Road Race" car as in the 24 hour Lancer they have, not Road Race Motorsports. ;)

Originally Posted by ustcc evo (Post 5553491)
I meant the Road Race Engineering car, not my race car, and I'm not sure they actually installed it, I just know they had one.

I win. :lol:

--------------

David,

Could you give us a model number, or which years of tC our tranny matches? I want to get this added to the database, and I try to have exact info. Thanks!

LancerGTS Apr 17, 2008 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Blacksheepdj (Post 5555700)
I win. :lol:

:crap: :p

KBkilla0006 Apr 18, 2008 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by ustcc evo (Post 5553491)
I meant the Road Race Engineering car, not my race car, and I'm not sure they actually installed it, I just know they had one.

I have confirmed that the transmissions between the Tc and Lancer are the same, and plan on buying a Tc diff for myself as soon as I have the $. As with anything once you go off the grid, surprises always lurk around the corner...

Any decent transmission shop should be able to take out the old one and measure before the new one is installed, allowing a return if it doesn't work.

So you are saying ANY aftermarket product for the TC transmission will fit our transmission also? Including flywheels, clutches, lsd, etc.???

ustcc evo Apr 18, 2008 01:57 PM

Not exactly.

Tranmission makers will make one tranmission, but often put it in different cases so the bellhousing will line up. For instance, you find the ZF six speed automatic in many different manufacturer's cars.

While the bellhousing may be different, these cross platform transmissions will likely use some or all of the same internals. You have to take them apart to find out for sure, since few information sources exist.

I would guess we will be able to share gearsets and diffs with the Tc, but the case and input/output shafts may be different.

xed32 Apr 18, 2008 08:34 PM

Hmmm. $1099. Surprisingly less than i'd thought it would cost. Then again. Installations gonna move that way up.

Deepside Apr 24, 2008 07:13 PM

Sorry for the newbish question but..
Can't we just use the one in the Evo now ? or in the comming RA ?

Blacksheepdj Apr 24, 2008 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Deepside (Post 5586017)
Sorry for the newbish question but..
Can't we just use the one in the Evo now ? or in the comming RA ?

No, they use different transmissions. And :mitsu: rarely uses the same parts for different cars. I would bet they're different.

ustcc evo Apr 28, 2008 05:51 PM

In association with Evil Genius Racing, we will be testing a Lancer LSD install in the Goodsport Racing '08 Lancer.

We will use the TRD limited slip made for the Aisin 5sp, and well be starting a test fit next week.

Payload Apr 29, 2008 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by ustcc evo (Post 5600660)
In association with Evil Genius Racing, we will be testing a Lancer LSD install in the Goodsport Racing '08 Lancer.

We will use the TRD limited slip made for the Aisin 5sp, and well be starting a test fit next week.

cool

but TRD as in toyota racing development? ... would be amusing to have TRD parts in a mitsu.

nunyas Apr 29, 2008 10:12 AM

yes, they're talking about the same TRD that you mentioned.

ustcc evo Apr 29, 2008 02:25 PM

Hey blacksheep why the edit on my post?

I'm not making any money off this, just fowarding people to where they can get it done.

the_cosworth Apr 29, 2008 03:44 PM

^^ i think it is a forum rule that you can only post stuff about a company and sales if they are a paying vendor

not sure on that though.

When are you starting?? monday?? or this week

ROCK Apr 29, 2008 08:13 PM

We have an LSD. Uninstalled now. The ES turbo is going to the crusher.

ROAD/RACE:apimp:

elpoole May 26, 2008 03:39 PM

...?

the_cosworth May 26, 2008 03:48 PM

yeah bump, I want a LSD