EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/loft-evom-car-talk-corner-357/)
-   -   My Vishnu nightmare (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/loft-evom-car-talk-corner/113447-my-vishnu-nightmare.html)

twinevo Dec 15, 2004 01:45 PM

what can i say except you shoulda got a 4G63. You might have lost a clutch, but the motor would never have blown up.

zstryder Dec 15, 2004 01:49 PM

Haha.. this started over at the Vishnu forum, and now its spread here. :lol:

asasin79 Dec 15, 2004 01:49 PM

that really sucks. hope everything gets worked out. keep us posted.

Eric Lyublinsky Dec 15, 2004 01:50 PM

Then why did Shiv ask you to sign a wavier after you asked for the car to be tuned harder. I know Shiv for a while now and I can say he is one of the most honest guys in the biz.

good luck man

hotrod2448 Dec 15, 2004 01:51 PM

And a third potential arguement.
For tonights matches we have:

Match 1:
MBGSTI Vs. Shiv and his minions

Match 2:
Jason@Ntec Vs. UFO

Match 3:
4G63 Vs. EJ25 in a steel cage match to the death!

You pay for the whole seat but, you only need the edge!

AbusiveWombat Dec 15, 2004 01:52 PM

It doesn't make sense that Shiv would tune the car on the ragged edge ("pushed" as you call it) and assume part of the risk if the engine blew. Sorry about yoru engine but maybe next time you'll think twice about "pushing" your engine.

Terry S Dec 15, 2004 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by hotrod2448
And a third potential arguement.
For tonights matches we have:

Match 1:
MBGSTI Vs. Shiv and his minions

Match 2:
Jason@Ntec Vs. UFO

Match 3:
4G63 Vs. EJ25 in a steel cage match to the death!

You pay for the whole seat but, you only need the edge!

Lol!

I place 1k bets on Shiv, UFO and the 4G63

superz Dec 15, 2004 01:55 PM

SOunds like a big problem at hand. Its difficult to side with anyone unless one was actually present when the deal was spoken of. I would've suggested you to take this matter on a personal level with Shiv and possibly find a resolution. If a shop warned about pushing the car and you said "go ahead" then the responsability lies 100% on you. It guess you wanted to have a nice whp number to post up . Unless you have a written contract about using your car as a test mule then your word is not worth much in court , so there goes that option. I can understand your frustration and disgust with this shop, I feel for you and your wallet, but I would suggest you suck it up and move on. I would never side with a shop unless I was present. When I visited a local dyno I was also asked if I wanted to keep pushing it, I agreed knowing that it is my call and if the motor blew up it would be totally on me. Lots of luck and patience my friend. I personally would never go back to a place that I had problems with, but at the same time you lose a bit of class when posting up about it. Trust me when I tell you that your issues will not change anyone's mind about continuing to use the services of Vishnu. Good luck.

Gil-superz

nine4surfah Dec 15, 2004 01:58 PM

On the first pass the motor let go...the car ran a 11.9 but something felt wrong...sure enough i get back to the pits and the motors toast.
IMO if you're drag racing and breaking 11's you are bound to blow something!
good luck!

drmosh Dec 15, 2004 01:58 PM

I would be the last person in the world to defend Vishnu, but you tried to t00n your STi... that was the first critical mistake.

:mitsu:

hueman Dec 15, 2004 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Terry S
Lol!

I place 1k bets on Shiv, UFO and the 4G63

BUT what's the spread? :lol:

jasonc32amg Dec 15, 2004 01:59 PM

Sorry to hear about your motor blowing...good luck getting it straight. Frankly I've had a number of cars with blowers or turbos and the bottom line is you have to pay to play. The only thing I've used from Vishnu is the Xede and canned tunes and have never had a complaint...and the few minor issues I've had were resolved by their customer service quickly.

The STI, from what I have read and based on my previous experience with my old WRX, has certain weakpoints if you are modding. At the power you were pushing I would expect it to blow based ont he weak, relatively speaking, internals. You can get a good deal on a forged shortblock from Cobb at @ $3,000...

Good luck...

chrisw Dec 15, 2004 02:02 PM

There is a reason Shiv was hesitant about "pushing the limits" on your motor.

It's threads like this...

Was there a contract for a blown motor to be fixed as a "joint-venture"? If so I would love to see it.

Pushing the limits on a Vishnu shop car is very different than pushing the limits on a customers motor.

wingless Dec 15, 2004 02:03 PM

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...43#post1476843

who cares it's an STI... anyway, Shiv seems to talk sense here and it looks like dude posted a new thread in frustration.

03bluevo8 Dec 15, 2004 02:05 PM

I personally have heard nothing but good things about Vishnu. If there was a written contract then you would be able to do something about it. Vishnu is pretty big. It is weird they had you represent there work and then not back it. Hope you work things out. I will keep this in consideration when I buy parts from them.