EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/loft-evom-car-talk-corner-357/)
-   -   My Vishnu nightmare (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/loft-evom-car-talk-corner/113447-my-vishnu-nightmare.html)

jason@NTEC Dec 15, 2004 02:07 PM

terry s your funny, but me and UFO have no intentions of going rounds with each other. we just seem to have this inherit ability to be very sarcastic towards one another, its nothing personal just two guys with different opinions.

twinevo Dec 15, 2004 02:09 PM

22 psi on a stock STi turbo? don't they come 13psi from the factory? That's the price you pay in trying to keep up with Evos.

nebolic Dec 15, 2004 02:14 PM

Guys, I dont think you understand the term "limit"... It sucks that MGBSTI has a blown car and you guys are getting at him for pushing his car to the limit.

Why dont you rethink it for a second and ponder what "limit" means.

It means to get it to the edge as much as possible without damage. Going over the edge and blowing the motor is not the limit.

When you ask someone to take it to the limit, it means maximum with safety. There shouldn't be any damage to the motor.

You can talk all the sh!t you want with the "You play you pay" bullsh!t only if you're tuning your own car.

When you are paying someone money for it, what kind of service do you expect? Um experience and a good job.

Well good luck bro, sorry to hear about all your mishaps. Hope you get taken care of soon.

Nebo

ray3328 Dec 15, 2004 02:15 PM

That sucks. Get ready to spend a **** load of money.

jasonc32amg Dec 15, 2004 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by nebolic
Guys, I dont think you understand the term "limit"... It sucks that MGBSTI has a blown car and you guys are getting at him for pushing his car to the limit.

Why dont you rethink it for a second and ponder what "limit" means.

It means to get it to the edge as much as possible without damage. Going over the edge and blowing the motor is not the limit.

When you ask someone to take it to the limit, it means maximum with safety. There shouldn't be any damage to the motor.

You can talk all the sh!t you want with the "You play you pay" bullsh!t only if you're tuning your own car.

When you are paying someone money for it, what kind of service do you expect? Um experience and a good job.

Well good luck bro, sorry to hear about all your mishaps. Hope you get taken care of soon.

Nebo

Ding Ding Ding...WRONG. Any time you ask a tuner to go beyond what they recomend you are taking a gamble and should man up when the chickens come home to roost. My understanding is that when you get a custom tune from either Shiv or Al, they give you the most power THEY are comfortable with providing you at a given level of safety. If you then ask them to tweak it further, caveat emptor biotch!

Terry S Dec 15, 2004 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by jason@NTEC
terry s your funny, but me and UFO have no intentions of going rounds with each other. we just seem to have this inherit ability to be very sarcastic towards one another, its nothing personal just two guys with different opinions.

{offtopic}

I totally understand. To me however, UFO presents his opinion clearer IMHO and you usually come across as a jerk IMHO :updown:

I'm not calling you a jerk, its just the way i read your posts, it comes across to me that way.

And now back to the topic at hand...

MBGSTI Dec 15, 2004 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Eric Lyublinsky
Then why did Shiv ask you to sign a wavier after you asked for the car to be tuned harder. I know Shiv for a while now and I can say he is one of the most honest guys in the biz.

good luck man

I might of signed a waiver when i had the car dynoe'd another time....i'm not quite sure i did That saturday.

It would be nice for Vishnu scan it...and post it up.
Please do it...as i can't recall for certain...and they seem 100% sure.

Shiv tried to tell me, that he really thought my transmission had blown up the other night...tryyin to cover his tracks.

jason@NTEC Dec 15, 2004 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Terry S
{offtopic}

I totally understand. To me however, UFO presents his opinion clearer IMHO and you usually come across as a jerk IMHO :updown:

I'm not calling you a jerk, its just the way i read your posts, it comes across to me that way.

And now back to the topic at hand...

yea i can come across as an a$$ sometimes but i cant help it :crap:

MBGSTI Dec 15, 2004 02:48 PM

There are STIs out there running with more power, and road racing for 20 minute sessions running factory motors with NO problems...so u can't put full blame on the weak bottom end.

In the end i am the one left with a blown motor, and tuner that in his own words "couldn't care less"...and that was before and after this was made public.

I didn't come out with this cuz my motor blew..i knew that perhaps would
happen...its the customer service afterwards thats the REAL story...the lies, the arrogance.

Nad1370 Dec 15, 2004 02:50 PM

Should've gotten that " joint venture " in writing and signed . You wouldn't have this problem

20 + psi on 91 oct on an STI ? !!!! Well.....you learn from your mistakes.

Good Luck . I'm glad your man enough to move on.

MBGSTI Dec 15, 2004 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Nad1370
Should've gotten that " joint venture " in writing and signed . You wouldn't have this problem

20 + psi on 91 oct on an STI ? !!!! Well.....you learn from your mistakes.

Good Luck . I'm glad your man enough to move on.

That 22 psi on street gas in a STI...is not on my car...its on another one tuned by Vishnu....I was told they would learn from blowing my motor.
Guess not.

I have moved on...but i feel what happened to me should be made public.

I'm trying to stay away fro any naming calling or remarks that would belittle SHIV on a personal level...which is more then i can say for Vishnu.

kipper215 Dec 15, 2004 03:31 PM

1st off your drag racing which could have have caused your problem. this reminds me of the dynoflash problem when the tuner does everything possible to make the owner happy. and the owner is still not happy. shiv should have told you no. you are responsible for not letting the tuner have full control of tuning. that's what you are paying him for. if you want to be in the game you have to man up when it's time to take your licks. i feel for shiv after seeing a simular problem on Socalevo. it's not possible to make everyone happy. i feel sorry for you because you probably didn't know any better. know you know to let the tuner do his job and what you get is what you get. if i were you i would take shiv's offer for repair hunt down the parts yourself you may get them cheaper. that way you and shiv can find out what went wrong. just know if you are racing you ride pushing it to the limit things will break. it's like rolling dice. you have to crapout some time. good luck and i hope that you & shiv can mend that broken bridge and make progress together.

kipper215 Dec 15, 2004 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by MBGSTI
That 22 psi on street gas in a STI...is not on my car...its on another one tuned by Vishnu....I was told they would learn from blowing my motor.
Guess not.

I have moved on...but i feel what happened to me should be made public.

I'm trying to stay away fro any naming calling or remarks that would belittle SHIV on a personal level...which is more then i can say for Vishnu.

you can run 25PSI on pump gas if you are using water injection.

shiv@vishnu Dec 15, 2004 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by MBGSTI
I might of signed a waiver when i had the car dynoe'd another time....i'm not quite sure i did That saturday.

It would be nice for Vishnu scan it...and post it up.
Please do it...as i can't recall for certain...and they seem 100% sure.

Shiv tried to tell me, that he really thought my transmission had blown up the other night...tryyin to cover his tracks.

Trying hard now, aren't we. The entire shop as well as two other evom'ers were present at your "push-the-limits" dyno tuning. You signed the waiver right in front of everyone at my request. I warned you in front of everyone. You told me to go ahead and push it more so you can keep up with your brother's EVO. I asked you if you are sure at least 2 times. You said you were. So push it I did.

Then 2 weeks later, you call me up from the drag strip and descibe some mechanical sound to me and ask me what you should tell everyone in case someone asks. Without having even seen or heard the car yet, I suggested the transmission excuse not realizing that you would try to use it against me as proof of sliminess :lol: You then drive your car to our shop where we store it for a week waiting for you to decide on what built Axis motor you wanted to pursue.

When you decided, I called you up and quote you the full retail price with free tuning and heavily discounted labor. You said thank you and then complained to everyone about why I wasn't paying for your $6000 Axis Stg 4 race engine.

You claimed that you had made some sort of verbal "joint venture" agreement with Dave (not me). To Dave, this extended to reduced labor and free tuning. To you, and only you, this extended to a free motor if and when yours blew. Having known that this would become a flame fest weeks back, I asked if we could meet so we could put all these facts to paper and have both parties sign it before any further interactions/deals were to take place. You agreed initially on the phone but now, appearantly, this internet slander appoach works better for you {thumbup}

I wish you luck since two other norcal subaru shops have now refused to do business with you due to your antics.

Best Regards,
Shiv

02MaximizedVQ Dec 15, 2004 04:13 PM

Was there an EGT gauge in the car? If you are asking for a tune "pushed" to the "limit" there should always be an EGT gauge in the car. You are asking for it running high boost on the already knock-prone WRX.

Jesse