EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Northwest Region (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/northwest-region-41/)
-   -   One heck of a New Years suprise (and a lil' story about myself)... (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/northwest-region/533217-one-heck-new-years-suprise-lil-story-about-myself.html)

D Grade Jan 8, 2011 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by nothere (Post 8972674)
thanks for improving the gene pool. good people should have children.

Thanks alot for the compliment. I agree, there's some people out there that shouldnt have kids.

Originally Posted by sexktten (Post 8972784)
I was just going to post this!! Congrats.

Just an fyi for all the guys out there pregnancy tests can register false positives alot. For better results she should be takin first thing in the morning when she wakes up.

Yeah, thats why we followed up the next day early in the morning. The first two were taken at night, the next two early in the day. She is showing alot of symptoms of pregnancy, so were positive we've got one in the oven. She's battling symptoms as well as a flu Im just now getting over that she caught. I feel bad. :(

Thanks alot for the compliments and support guys!

boostedtres Jan 8, 2011 01:39 PM

congrats to you sir. Its always good to see someone who really want kids and has the values to raise them right. best of luck to you an your soon to be bride.

side note, get that baby seat! looks bada$$ and better safe than sorry! enjoy {thumbup}

05VIII Jan 8, 2011 02:11 PM

i feel like you should contact tlc

make a pretty good show

congrats!

yahu Jan 8, 2011 05:19 PM

Congrats, Derek! I couldn't be happier for you and your fiance! Sounds like 2011 is a great year for you two! From what I know of you, you will be a great dad! It is the most rewarding, and also one of the most trying things in the world! :p

That Recaro seat is expensive, but I'd be more than happy to chip in. :D BTW - just cause you're a parent doesn't mean you can't partay! :) This parent of 3 got home at ~630A on new year's day. Thankfully my parents had the kids. :)

infam0usndn2nv Jan 8, 2011 06:57 PM

thanks for the invite.. i will be there... lol congrats man..

spdngdragon Jan 9, 2011 02:02 AM

Congrats! And welcome to the club! I'm glad that you are taking the negative of your father/son relationship and turning it into a positive by doing your best to be there for your future child. :)

EvlEvoIXSE Jan 9, 2011 02:15 AM

Congrats on the new coming!! I basically have the same relation with my father and I promised that I would be alot better then he ever could be when I'm ready to settle down! But again congrats!

D Grade Jan 9, 2011 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by yahu (Post 8973434)
Congrats, Derek! I couldn't be happier for you and your fiance! Sounds like 2011 is a great year for you two! From what I know of you, you will be a great dad! It is the most rewarding, and also one of the most trying things in the world! :p

That Recaro seat is expensive, but I'd be more than happy to chip in. :D BTW - just cause you're a parent doesn't mean you can't partay! :) This parent of 3 got home at ~630A on new year's day. Thankfully my parents had the kids. :)

Sounds good! Lets have an EvoM dads/expecting dads party night out!

Thanks alot of the kind words everyone. Im suprised that some people have had similar issues with their dad. I wasnt expecting that much response regarding it. Looks like dead-beat-dad-ism is a spreading disease.

RallyDSM Jan 10, 2011 09:13 AM

Congrats Man!!! As a father of Four (three boys, one girl) I can tell you that having an EVO & Kids is a TON of fun! So don't be thinkin that you need to dump the pavement eater. Just go with it. ;)

Scott

Ryan.Kauz Jan 10, 2011 10:06 AM

baby mod: +10mph (HOV lane)

;)

Ryan.Kauz Jan 10, 2011 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by yahu (Post 8973434)

You got home the next day, this prooooves beyond a shadow of a doubt that parents cant "partay".

NJ9MR Jan 10, 2011 10:18 AM

Congrats & BEST OF LUCK! I am a father of an 11 1/2 year old daughter and she's the best thing that could have ever happened to me! She goes to my car club events & car shows and knows all about Evos! (Hates subies! Lol)

Kids will change your life! Take alot of photos and spends lots of time with them! They will grow-up so fast! Be a POSITIVE force in their life! When my daughter was born, my wife took-off about two months off of work, then I took about three months off of work. It was great! It really helps with 'bonding'...

Make sure your future wife is on the right vitamins and diet! Again, BEST of luck! You are in for a REAL ride!!

PS: Keep the EVO!!

BLKCarbonEVO Jan 10, 2011 10:27 AM

Congrats man! You are going to make me cry... :D

Mikey

AHAZZARD Jan 10, 2011 10:36 AM

CONGRATS !!!{thumbup}

sexktten Jan 10, 2011 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by D Grade (Post 8973044)
Thanks alot for the compliment. I agree, there's some people out there that shouldnt have kids.

Yeah, thats why we followed up the next day early in the morning. The first two were taken at night, the next two early in the day. She is showing alot of symptoms of pregnancy, so were positive we've got one in the oven. She's battling symptoms as well as a flu Im just now getting over that she caught. I feel bad. :(

Thanks alot for the compliments and support guys!

Prego and the flu... you might want to stop by Costco and pick up some flowers {thumbup} Congrats.