Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

One heck of a New Years suprise (and a lil' story about myself)...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2011, 08:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One heck of a New Years suprise (and a lil' story about myself)...

So my fiance and I stayed low key and at home for New Years. We didnt want to battle crowds, battle the drunks, and wanted security in getting f00kered up without having to worry about a ride home or finding a hotel room.

So anyways, my finace hasnt been herself lately. She's been very low on energy and moddy (even more so than usual, which trust me, is VERY scary). So I made the suggestion to have her take a pregnancy test (gut instinct, very strange). So before festivities began, I ran to the store to get some more chasers for the alcohol as well as pick up some EPT tests. Guess what.......both were positive!

We were extatic, but just to be safe, we decided to pick up another pack the following day and guess what....one positive, one inconclusive/didnt register! Three is convincing enough. We went to the clinic day before yesterday and she's about 6 weeks and 5 days (today) with an expected due date of August 29th.

Its the craziest feeling being an expecting dad. I used to be the player type and had no intentions of settling down, marrying, and definitly no kids. Since Ive been with my fiance for the past 3.5 years, she's relly changed me and shown me alot. She's helped me grow up and be more responsible without totally sacrificing my hobbies in the process.

Another eye opener was finding out about my biological dads death in February and meeting my other side of the family for the first time ever (including an older brother) in June of last year on my vacation from my second tour in Iraq. My dads legacy held up to what he was in my life.....nothing. After learning that he was true to his actions, I learned that my new big brother had it very similar. My bio-dad was in and out of his life until he withdrew completely at age 7. My brother never saw him again before he died and was content with that. My brother is happily married with two beautiful daughters that I call nieces. After talking with my bro and listening how much he didnt want to be like our dad, I made the decision and set the same vow for myself. I would never have the heart to desert someone that I created.

So needless to say, over the past 3.5 years I've changed alot and have been very blessed. This is going to be the greatest blessing of all and Im excited to find out if Im having a son or daughter (like my fiance and myself have previously drempt multiple times).

Looks like my fiance is gonna need to modify that wedding dress before the wedding on June 25th this year.

Thanks for reading!
Old Jan 7, 2011, 08:18 PM
Evolving Member

Congratulations man
Old Jan 7, 2011, 08:18 PM
Evolving Member

Congrats man!
Old Jan 7, 2011, 08:23 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks alot guys! Its an awesome feeling, you current dads know that!
Old Jan 7, 2011, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Oh man... I can completely relate to you. Dad was in and out and finally completely out at age 8 and by age 13 I get the news he died of a drug overdose. I had to grow up and become my own man. Now I'm teaching my 2 son about becoming men. I'll never leave them.

Everything you teach your kids will last countless generations.

When we had our first child almost 3 years ago, I had to give up a most of my hobbies. In August my wife surprised me by bring up the topic of getting a second car and she wanted it to be a fun car that was practical and now here I am

Anyways look how selfish I am by tread jacking your heart felt topic. I'm happy for you two and congratulations!
Old Jan 7, 2011, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by D Grade
She's been very low on energy and moddy
Your fiance must be like my wife, she can come down on you with the ban-hammer with no notice at all. All jokes aside...

Congrats on the news! Being a father is a really awesome experience!

Something I read on a bumper sticker:

"Avenge yourself - Live long enough to be a burden on your children!"
Old Jan 7, 2011, 09:58 PM
Evolved Member

Congrats man!! Prepare for years of fun exciting happy miserable painful suprising experiences haha.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 01:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats sir.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 06:16 AM
Evolving Member

Congrats, I am glad that you seem to be in a stage of life where you are ready to be a dad. I would love to be one, when the time is right.

Dibbs on giving you the recaro childseat for your wedding
Old Jan 8, 2011, 06:24 AM

congrates dude
Old Jan 8, 2011, 06:31 AM
Evolved Member

+1 on the congrats sir.. you'll never sleep the same again
Old Jan 8, 2011, 09:54 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by drocksmash
Congrats, I am glad that you seem to be in a stage of life where you are ready to be a dad. I would love to be one, when the time is right.

Dibbs on giving you the recaro childseat for your wedding
You got it! Its actually first on the list for must have's. Looking at that one with the built in harness and pads with the beefy side bolsters. That thing is jammin', lol!

Thanks guys! I feel Im to the stage I always wanted to be to have a kid. Im gonna be 30 this year, and that was the age I was thinking I wanted to have my first chid. Its not too old and gave me plenty of time to get the partying out of the way in the early/mid 20's.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thanks for improving the gene pool. good people should have children.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 11:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by D Grade
You got it! Its actually first on the list for must have's. Looking at that one with the built in harness and pads with the beefy side bolsters. That thing is jammin', lol!

Thanks guys! I feel Im to the stage I always wanted to be to have a kid. Im gonna be 30 this year, and that was the age I was thinking I wanted to have my first chid. Its not too old and gave me plenty of time to get the partying out of the way in the early/mid 20's.
I was just going to post this!! Congrats.

Just an fyi for all the guys out there pregnancy tests can register false positives alot. For better results she should be takin first thing in the morning when she wakes up.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 12:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Congrats on the news.

Quick Reply: One heck of a New Years suprise (and a lil' story about myself)...