EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Project Cars / Build Threads (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/project-cars-build-threads-344/)
-   -   Don's Evo (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/project-cars-build-threads/638892-dons-evo.html)

David Buschur Dec 13, 2012 06:27 AM

Don,

I know your story and of course have been involved in the build since you started, it was still a great read, really enjoyed it.

You've been a complete pleasure to deal with since day one, having good customer service is EASY when you have someone like yourself to deal with!

Thank you for all your support and friendship and of course the Shoefly pie!

Best of luck and I'm looking forward to seeing you in the spring and another dinner over a few drinks!

Roadrunr Dec 24, 2012 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Blue91lx (Post 10553734)
Beautiful build, man.

More importantly, I've been riding Trevorton for years, along with the Weatherly hills, the Moon, Eckley, Hazleton, Ashland, etc.

I've probably seen you out riding! I ride a KTM 525 XC.

Thank You for the compliment. Wow, a Evo Lover and a dirt rider. Check my videos of Bounty Hill. If you like to climb, there is a $300 bounty on the hill. No one can make it on a dirt bike.
Don

whiteEvo08Y Dec 24, 2012 02:31 PM

^^^ Damn that pretty insane hills. Looks like lots of funny but pretty sure i would not make it not even half way :lol:

Lexus01IS Dec 24, 2012 07:14 PM

Very nice story and car

boostingevo06 Jan 3, 2013 09:24 PM

very nice car and setup.

jmcmill3 Jan 4, 2013 09:43 AM

def a good read and beautiful car

Roadrunr May 9, 2013 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by AJsGenerX (Post 10554023)
Your story is inspiring to us all. The main reason is your ability to be so open to other ideas. You're ability to understand the voice of young ones and actually taking the bite and enjoying it means you must be one hell of a teacher, father, and/or father figure for kids. I hope you enjoy the evo to it's fullest potential. I wish you the best of luck. Way to go Don.

Somehow I missed this post. Thank You for the compliments. I had a fabulous career and miss interacting with all those young motor heads. Hope to see some of you at Buschurs DSM Evo shootout in August.

Don

Roadrunr Jun 3, 2013 07:00 AM

Finally had a chance to enjoy the car. I spent a few days at a very large Car Show in Ocean City Md. I never saw so many Motorheads in one area. The car performed flawlessly. Thank You Buschur Racing.

steveoreilly Jun 3, 2013 05:03 PM

Cool story, I have seen many threads mentioning you on advrider or thumpertalk (I think), I too have an evo and ride. Being from south jersey I ride the ecea races, small world, enjoy your car and hill climbing trash talking

SLVRNBLK Apr 2, 2014 12:04 AM

Nice combo of parts!

Lancerboy89 Apr 2, 2014 06:22 AM

Wow, incredible build and story Sir. Best of luck with enjoying the car

MCPunk79 Aug 25, 2014 10:37 AM

This thread now, a few years old… what has happened with the car? Car looks absolutely stunning… and NO corners were cut in building this car the RIGHT way! Congrats on building an inspirational car for ALL us Evo owners! It was a great story to read, as for myself, it was the EVO Vs. LAMBO Top Gear episode that really opened my eyes to the Evo. Great post, great build, thank you for sharing!!

thepoint4life23 Aug 25, 2014 01:28 PM

I saw it at the shoot out but never saw it off the trailer so not sure what is going on with the car or how many miles are on it now.

David Buschur Aug 26, 2014 06:17 AM

The car was definitely off the trailer, it was parked next to our shop after being on the dyno and making more power than last time for about 3 days. It was in the pits the entire weekend and Don was driving it around. He never made a pass, said it was too hot for him! Come on Don! Toughen up!

thepoint4life23 Aug 26, 2014 06:21 AM

Good to hear he is enjoying it do you know what kinda power he made this time, and what changes he made?