EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Project Cars / Build Threads (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/project-cars-build-threads-344/)
-   -   Don's Evo (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/project-cars-build-threads/638892-dons-evo.html)

David Buschur Aug 26, 2014 06:29 AM

Hopefully he will chime in but I believe it was just over 670 if I remember right.

I went for a ride with him, I'll say this, he's one bad ass shifting machine, I was VERY impressed, the car will for sure go 9's. He also has built a bad ass launch control to control the clutch.

MCPunk79 Aug 26, 2014 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by David Buschur (Post 11287708)
Hopefully he will chime in but I believe it was just over 670 if I remember right.

I went for a ride with him, I'll say this, he's one bad ass shifting machine, I was VERY impressed, the car will for sure go 9's. He also has built a bad ass launch control to control the clutch.

That's absolutely amazing! A stunning build by you guys, and amazing that from '06 he could only drive that little!?!? Now I don't drive mine too often, maybe 500-1,000 a year… because it's such a joy to drive, but how do you only manage 670 in 8yrs.???

Roadrunr Sep 2, 2014 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by SLVRNBLK (Post 11164810)
Nice combo of parts!

Only the best. Why waste time and money experimenting with a smorgasbord of components. I only had to buy the components once. Which is why I chose Buschur Racing.
When all the parts are working in harmony, they sure make some beautiful POWER {thumbup}

Originally Posted by Lancerboy89 (Post 11164910)
Wow, incredible build and story Sir. Best of luck with enjoying the car

Originally Posted by MCPunk79 (Post 11287133)
This thread now, a few years old… what has happened with the car? Car looks absolutely stunning… and NO corners were cut in building this car the RIGHT way! Congrats on building an inspirational car for ALL us Evo owners! It was a great story to read, as for myself, it was the EVO Vs. LAMBO Top Gear episode that really opened my eyes to the Evo. Great post, great build, thank you for sharing!!

Thank You for the kind words.

Originally Posted by thepoint4life23 (Post 11287303)
I saw it at the shoot out but never saw it off the trailer so not sure what is going on with the car or how many miles are on it now.

Mileage is going up, over 550 miles.
At my age of 59 years young, I do not enjoy waiting in line with the temperatures in the 80's and 90's. The old blood pressure pills can only do so much :lol:
I planned on making a few passes on Sunday morning, but got rained out :(
I did drive it around on the nice straight roads around Buschurs shop and the track.
We do not have nice roads where I live to enjoy this car. Second gear on boost and you are braking for the next turn or rough conditions {pcfreak}

Originally Posted by thepoint4life23 (Post 11287705)
Good to hear he is enjoying it do you know what kinda power he made this time, and what changes he made?

No changes except MORE BOOST and a little more aggressive tune.
671 HP on Buschurs Dyno. I wanted to break 650 and David did not disappoint.

Originally Posted by David Buschur (Post 11287708)

I spent most of my life building and raising :fire: on two wheels.
I also have had a few four speed Muscle Cars from the 1970's and have been around
a long time shifting and banging gears :lol:
I thought everyone could drive a stick shift :confused:
My goal is to get into the 9's on street tires. Might have to wait till the next shootout in 2015.

Originally Posted by MCPunk79 (Post 11288012)
That's absolutely amazing! A stunning build by you guys, and amazing that from '06 he could only drive that little!?!? Now I don't drive mine too often, maybe 500-1,000 a year… because it's such a joy to drive, but how do you only manage 670 in 8yrs.???

Read both the threads about my Evo and you will understand why the mileage is so low.
I also am still involved in two wheels which takes most of my time.

MCPunk79 Sep 4, 2014 10:45 AM

Thanks again for sharing! This car is an inspiration to SO many of us Evo owners… done clean and done right…

I appreciate the story on the car… great read!

Roadrunr Mar 18, 2017 05:34 PM

Here is the latest thread about my :mitsu:.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/dr...don-s-evo.html

Cemb7 Apr 21, 2017 02:15 PM

great looking build thus far man, cant wait to see the end result

Roadrunr May 27, 2017 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Cemb7 (Post 11732273)
great looking build thus far man, cant wait to see the end result

Here you go.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/dr...don-s-evo.html

V.8MR May 27, 2017 07:08 PM

Great build. Goes to show, once a car guy always a car guy. And a true enthusiast likes cars period. All kinds of cars!

Roadrunr Apr 23, 2021 04:56 AM

I have not driven it since The Shootout in 2016. I hope to be at the shootout this year and get my nine second slip. I just started it a few days ago and it started instantly and idled perfect. I have been changing the fuel yearly and starting it about twice a year. I have been getting messages recently wondering if I would be interested in selling it since I have not driven it in years. Even though the milage is at 809 miles I plan on keeping it for now. Too many toys and not enough time to enjoy them all LOL.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.evo...c41681655c.jpg

huzzle101 Apr 23, 2021 01:02 PM

Beautiful, clean and only 809 miles, thats insane.

osetsky Apr 23, 2021 04:04 PM

You fantastic sunuva...809? I truly don't know how that's really even possible. It's like 6 miles a year since new. What the crap, how many toys you got man!?! I guess all of them? Good for you man! Friggin' amazing...

yellowevo82 Apr 24, 2021 02:17 AM

Lowest miles probably in the world. Congrats nice ride.

[TK] Apr 25, 2021 06:25 AM

just simply amazing in every way...

Roadrunr May 25, 2021 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by huzzle101 (Post 11933974)
Beautiful, clean and only 809 miles, thats insane.

Originally Posted by osetsky (Post 11933983)
You fantastic sunuva...809? I truly don't know how that's really even possible. It's like 6 miles a year since new. What the crap, how many toys you got man!?! I guess all of them? Good for you man! Friggin' amazing...

Originally Posted by yellowevo82 (Post 11934000)
Lowest miles probably in the world. Congrats nice ride.

Originally Posted by [TK] (Post 11934039)
just simply amazing in every way...

Thank you for the kind words. Now that David Buschur is back at Buschur Racing as of today. I will defiantly be at the shootout to show my support. If you are attending the Shootout this year, I will be parked behind Buschur Racing's Dyno Room. Please stop and say hello.

Don

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.evo...f088983292.jpg

91355evo9 Nov 25, 2022 08:43 PM

good luck on the sale 👍🏽