EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Project Cars / Build Threads (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/project-cars-build-threads-344/)
-   -   05 Evo 8 daily, autocross car. (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/project-cars-build-threads/687258-05-evo-8-daily-autocross-car.html)

heel2toe Oct 3, 2018 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone (Post 11842113)
I did absolutely agree to this care package 😂

You are so generous!

Post em up folks bidding ends 10/5 @11:59 pm PT

Dallas J Oct 3, 2018 02:53 PM

Can I predict a collapsed lifter and 422hp / 394tq ?

Cant wait to see what Sean sends me :D

MinusPrevious Oct 3, 2018 04:02 PM

My prediction
  • Because Track Duty = 550 whp / 520 wtq (Mustang no.s)
Sean will not be "sending it" on this tune session :cool:

LetsGetThisDone Oct 3, 2018 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Dallas J
Can I predict a collapsed lifter and 422hp / 394tq ?

Cant wait to see what Sean sends me :D

You bastard.

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
My prediction
  • Because Track Duty = 550 whp / 520 wtq (Mustang no.s)
Sean will not be "sending it" on this tune session :cool:

It's gonna get all of it. Track tune will be separate.

LetsGetThisDone Oct 4, 2018 09:21 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Looks like it's going to make 0whp and 0wtq. Was doing an oil change tonight, metal in the oil. Wiped out the bearings. Looks like it coming back out to see what **** the bed and contaminated everything. :drink:

Dallas J Oct 4, 2018 09:53 PM

My oil changes always show some amount of that after the first few oil changes. But it seems to clear up after that. On the last build we went through inspecting everthing real well after the crank broke and bearings look great even if oil started out as yours seems to be.

Though a few of your bearing too seem funny looking but I assume that's just the transition from new to broken in?

LetsGetThisDone Oct 4, 2018 09:58 PM

They're not I good shape. Tangible wear, foreign material deposits. Crank needs polished.

This is the 4the oil change. Shouldn't still be that dirty.

2006EvoIXer Oct 4, 2018 10:13 PM

Omg

MinusPrevious Oct 5, 2018 06:55 AM

Sorry to see that Sean. Gutted :crap:

Terror Rising Oct 5, 2018 07:11 AM

Wow, my condolences. That sucks a fatty.

RazorLab Oct 5, 2018 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Dallas J (Post 11842386)
My oil changes always show some amount of that after the first few oil changes. But it seems to clear up after that. On the last build we went through inspecting everthing real well after the crank broke and bearings look great even if oil started out as yours seems to be.

Though a few of your bearing too seem funny looking but I assume that's just the transition from new to broken in?

You oil looked like his with all that copper in it? I doubt it or your bearings would be in the same situation.

My first couple changes on my build had metal in it but not gold copper like this.

LetsGetThisDone Oct 5, 2018 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by razorlab
You oil looked like his with all that copper in it? I doubt it or your bearings would be in the same situation.

My first couple changes on my build had metal in it but not gold copper like this.

It doesn't really look like there's much copper. Mostly iron and aluminum.

RazorLab Oct 5, 2018 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone (Post 11842429)
It doesn't really look like there's much copper. Mostly iron and aluminum.

From the photo it looks like a lot of copper, maybe it's just the light. My bad. Either way, those photos of the bearings are cringe worthy. Sorry to see that :(

LetsGetThisDone Oct 5, 2018 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by razorlab
From the photo it looks like a lot of copper, maybe it's just the light. My bad. Either way, those photos of the bearings are cringe worthy. Sorry to see that :(

No worries, even in person it's hard to tell. It's close enough that I asked my self, does it not look like cooper because I don't want it to be copper, or is it actually not copper lol

2006EvoIXer Oct 5, 2018 09:06 AM

Did you find the source of contamination?