EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Project Cars / Build Threads (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/project-cars-build-threads-344/)
-   -   CT9A Resurrection and Innovation (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/project-cars-build-threads/715197-ct9a-resurrection-innovation.html)

BluEVOIX Oct 4, 2018 11:49 AM

Are you running a vacuum pump for the brake booster ? Have you considered installing a brake booster delete to avoid needing a vacuum source for braking ?

It seems that your driving around without power steering. Do you have plans to install one in the future or is your possibly lighter front end make it easier to steer when rolling? Perhaps use the EV West adapter plate with power steering or maybe make something similar and install the Evo OEM power steering pump (if you want to run ps)?

Also, I was just brainstorming the idea of installing the alternator to run and charge accessories in the car. Would you be able to set it up to run a regular car battery or mini battery with an alternator to power the accessories of the car? Obviously the alternator will not do much when stationary, but when moving it could power the interior, accessories and charge the accessories battery etc... This way the main battery will just be used to accelerate and reduce power consumption....

electron bom Oct 6, 2018 07:13 AM

No brake boosting at the moment, eventually I'll install a pump. I'm not interested in power steering for the EVO, it has great turn-in and I don't want to lose that feel. Alternator is an option and I've seen them used in other builds, but a DC-DC converter is more efficient overall. Right now my 12v and 200v packs are completely separate.

Pal215 Oct 9, 2018 04:30 PM

Video looks great man and the acrylic cover for the hood was genius. 100% power is coming sooner than later!

hokiruu Nov 17, 2018 08:43 PM

This is one of the most impressive and inspiring projects I have ever witnessed successfully seen to completion on the internet. Huge respect to you for the vision, ingenuity, and ability. Thank you for showing and sharing.

BluEVOIX Nov 24, 2018 10:57 AM

Any updates ?
  1. Did you bump the power level more?
    1. What voltage/amp are have you set it to? (also assumed power / HP level )
    2. How does it accelerate/cruise or drive in general ?
    3. Have you done any WOT pulls or 0-60 testing etc...
  2. Earlier in the build process you mentioned your goal might be to run 2 Warp 9 motors coupled in similar fashion to EVWest’s Dune Buggy.
    1. How do you plan to setup the battery / controller setup for the dual Warp 9’s?
      1. Will you run two Zilla 1k controllers, a single Zilla 2k etc.. ?
      2. Will it be a single large battery pack or two separate packs etc... ?

detroit pistins Aug 19, 2019 11:28 AM

Any updates on this?
How do you condition the batteries?

PolloVagabundo Feb 11, 2020 08:36 AM

Looks like Electron Bom, hasn't been on here in over a year now :(

If you ever see this thread again, please post updates!

D-VO Oct 4, 2020 09:59 PM

What happened to this build? Did it get registered? Is it still running? My motor is blown and I'm looking for options.

Project_Broke Jan 23, 2021 08:02 AM

Last Activity: Dec 9, 2018 09:21 AM

:(

supergouki Apr 14, 2021 03:51 PM

Y u no drive video {pcfreak}