EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Toronto Lancer Club (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/toronto-lancer-club-305/)
-   -   Replacement Windshield $1500!?! (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/toronto-lancer-club/489899-replacement-windshield-1500-a.html)

stitchflip May 14, 2010 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by phuknrht (Post 8268935)
Ask stitch, he's the resident insurance whore lol

just don't smack my @$$ when you ask questions! lmao

well it really depends on how much coverage you got for your insurance..
normally insurance would cover it and depending on companies, they normally allow you to get it fixed twice in a year or 2.

so check your policy if it covers it - if not, then find a place where you can get it done cheap.

i do know someone who has a cracked windshield for like over a year now...lmao

ju1ce May 1, 2012 11:18 AM

Speedy Autoglass $900

Sorry for bumping an old thread.
got a crack on my front windshield after I got back to Park/Fly in Buffalo.
Must have been the funky weather lately and likely started from a small chip I might have picked up driving. (didn't hear anything)

I don't have glass coverage so my 500 deduct only covers part of the 900 or so Speedy quoted me. For the other 180-250 quotes out there, is it also OEM (or OEM Quality glass the rep told me)?

love to have feedback from either folks who have done it thru an Autoglass/Insurance route vs the other shops... (before I would have to cancel appts):helpme:

Lancer Sportback ES btw.

evo_soul May 1, 2012 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by ju1ce (Post 10136095)
Must have been the funky weather lately and likely started from a small chip I might have picked up driving. (didn't hear anything)

I don't have glass coverage so my 500 deduct only covers part of the 900 or so Speedy quoted me. For the other 180-250 quotes out there, is it also OEM (or OEM Quality glass the rep told me)?

love to have feedback from either folks who have done it thru an Autoglass/Insurance route vs the other shops... (before I would have to cancel appts):helpme:

Lancer Sportback ES btw.

mine was covered in full and sprung for OE glass. But some shops will push the OE equivalent glass because of better margins. I am not sure if there is much of a difference. Its tempered safety glass, and they generally dont fall apart of fail. Usually you encounter problems with installation. But thats pretty rare.

Speedy is a good place to start, I have only used them once with another car, but the experience was good and they let me watch and explained every step. I learned a thing or two.

I am hoping someone has a referral or two for you.

ju1ce May 4, 2012 11:06 AM

update

Another :thumbup: +1 for Sunny Auto Glass (dad of xCashx)
even with the storm last night (i was a bit worried), really pro quality job

Originally Posted by ju1ce (Post 10136095)

Lancer Sportback ES btw.