EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/vendor-service-parts-tuning-review-176/)
-   -   carbon fiber fenders (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/vendor-service-parts-tuning-review/157595-carbon-fiber-fenders.html)

kmcconn9 Sep 7, 2005 03:12 PM

looks good, I was wondering how long it was going to take for someone to come out with these..

BlewBuYou66 Sep 7, 2005 04:05 PM

lookin good!!! hows about some rear wide-fenders so you dont have to roll them and be able to run an even wider rim and tire package?

mrbkkt1 Sep 7, 2005 04:09 PM

Nice.

RalliArtEvoVIII Sep 7, 2005 04:29 PM

on the ricer comment, its 50/50.CF is starting to get alittle overplayed even tho i love the CF look. Dry carbon i gonna be the big trend soon. Taking care of it is gonna be the hard part and also affording it. I only think its half rice cuz it doesnt do much to save weight really. The statement about CF hoods weighing more or the same as the stock hood is true except C west and Gialla and other dry carbon hoods. I've seen these before from Varis and imo: these are ugly unless theyre on a black car where it actually blends in.

evo-mr Sep 7, 2005 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by TheGVR4kid
Are you making these in fiberglass as well?

YES we do

XetronicEvoVIII Sep 7, 2005 06:00 PM

nice! but only thing, looks best on black. I have a white evo w/ cf hood. I couldnt stand the black hood so i custom painted the sides. I was thinking about cf fenders, mabye ill get them and paint them white.......hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm should I? very tempting!!!

spm1024 Sep 7, 2005 06:13 PM

99% of people just think you need to get your hood/trunk/fender painted

bolsen Sep 7, 2005 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by GOT EVO
since the stock fenders are Aluminum i dont think that is really a factor. Most C/F hoods are the same or heavier weight than the stock Aluminum hood........

http://www.acurazine.com/forums/images/smilies/werd.gif

The stock fenders weigh nearly nothing... and I mean, literally nothing. Same with the hood. Comparing apples to apples, when the shilding is out and heat shielding is gone, the hood is light enough to pick up and ballance with 2 fingers. :eek:

EvoInGR Sep 8, 2005 10:17 AM

my buddy got the **** kicked out of his driver side fender, i'm gonna fwd this to him, maybe he's interested.

MR RALLI*ART Sep 8, 2005 02:48 PM

That looks RUDE!! Maybe if the car was black but being red with two black fenders looks bad

evo_il8 Sep 8, 2005 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by XetronicEvoVIII
nice! but only thing, looks best on black. I have a white evo w/ cf hood. I couldnt stand the black hood so i custom painted the sides. I was thinking about cf fenders, mabye ill get them and paint them white.......hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm should I? very tempting!!!

y would u get a carbon fiber hood if u hate the way it looks on ur car :confused:

mdosu Sep 8, 2005 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by evo-mr
its wider i think about 10-12mm wider.

This fenders DOESN'T really save any weight maybe 0.5 pounds but ....

every little helps I guess?

but I can take a dump and piss before getting into my car and save 1 pound too...or not eat 2 of the 1/2 burritos at Taco Bell :lol:

not flaming or hating, just thinking what I can do to save 1 pound of weight on my car. The CF does look high quality...

xepyt Sep 8, 2005 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by RalliArtEvoVIII
. Dry carbon i gonna be the big trend soon.

Sorry but pre-preg dry carbon is probably never gonna be the big trend in the evo community. Too expensive to produce and sell, so it's never gonna appeal to the majority of the evo community. Look what happened to AAR. Oh and only AAR made pre-preg dry carbon hoods and trunks, gialla and cwest don't offer their products in dry carbon.

Tom Sawyer Sep 8, 2005 06:07 PM

Carbon fiber looks pretty good on all colors but white. In this instance it's not even advantageous unless you're competing professionally with the car to drop that minimal amount of weight. Maybe that's the reason I went Wicked White, because I don't really like carbon fiber and don't want to be tempted to buy it just to have another non-stock part on the car.

Tom

Celm Sep 8, 2005 06:19 PM

looks really nice