Notices
Private 'Evo 1 - 9' For Sale / Wanted Sell an item in here or look for a particular part that you need.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Private Classifieds Rules... Please Read Before Posting!

Old Sep 28, 2003, 01:33 PM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Private Classifieds Rules... Please Read Before Posting!

Selling on the Private Classifieds section is meant to allow members to sell private items on EvoM.

If you are using this forum to sell items for profit or as a vendor (this includes group buys), your thread/post will most likely be deleted as it violates our forum rules. If you continue to post such threads, you may be warned by our staff.

Thanks,

Mark
Old Sep 28, 2003, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

Am I ok?
BOHMEN HID

Last edited by drummerjun; Sep 28, 2003 at 01:46 PM.
Old Sep 28, 2003, 01:52 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I believe group buys are ok as long as the following conditions are met:

- The group buy initiator gets no additional reward for setting up the buy (meaning the initiator can't be rewarded a free set or an even greatly discounted set of the product)

- The groub buy initiator cannot profit off of the group buy (no buying of stuff in wholesale and then selling it for a discounted price, thus making a profit)

In other words the group buy has to be fair for everyone and cannot be benefitted from by the initiator.

If I am wrong, Mark, would u please correct me on this?
Old Oct 15, 2003, 08:19 PM

ok so let me get this straight, the items i sold ARE & WERE @ my wholesale price w/ free shipping from AWE (on some products), a company in which my company has an account with.

Oh let me refraze 1 thing i made $2 off a set of tail lights because i miss calculated shipping.

i got a warning 2 times from KAREEM and it said i was doing ILLEGAL VENDING.

IF I AM NOT MAKING ANYTHING OFF OF IT, HOW THE HELL IS THAT VENDING. I CALL IT PASSING THE SAVINGS.

price + shipping + Drop Ship Fee + 3% Credit Card Fee = what i sell the item for & that's what AWE CHARGES ME!

how was i in the wrong let me know!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 16, 2003, 11:09 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The reason why we really dont allow people who do this sort of thing without becoming a registered vendor is for our members protection. If you become a registered vendor, means u have a TaxID and business information on file with us just in case a member get's ripped off. People are more comfortable ordering products from our registered vendor then some randome person saying they can get deals on stuff for wholesale price. Next time you have a problem with a moderator, please try to resolve it by means of PM rather than ranting in public. Thanks.

- Kareem

Meanwhile, Check this thread out:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...&threadid=3513
Old Oct 16, 2003, 08:16 PM

i didn't have a problem man, i was just confused.

how do i become registered and how much will it cost me?

-Mike
Old Nov 25, 2003, 09:50 AM

Question

is my post cool? i belived it was deleted, but i'm not a vendor nor do i work for one... the exhaust was given to me for using my car R&D and i don't want to put it on my car because i know i won't be keeping it...
Old Jan 19, 2004, 08:35 AM
Evolving Member

What if some gives you something you all ready had and you sold it, wouldn't that be making a profit?
Old May 3, 2004, 05:34 PM
Evolving Member

Just to clarify a few things:

1) If you have several items to sell for profit please PM the site Administrator KK (Mark@evolutionm.net) for information on how to become a vendor (different pricing levels exist)

2) You can sell items for profit only if its incidental (i.e. received the item as a present or was handed down), you cannot sell your items purely for profit.

3) Group buys are permitted but with strict guidelines. At the very least please receive permission from the vendor itself, and no profits or deep discounts are to be received.

Any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

Last edited by Google; Jul 18, 2004 at 08:26 AM.
Old Jan 7, 2005, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

Im getting annoyed by people with 0 posts selling stuff in the forum. I dont feel safe buying those people. Its like buying stuff from people on ebay with 0 feedback. Why dont we have a rule on a minimum post count to post on the private for sale forum? That will probably help rid some of the scammers.
Old Jan 30, 2005, 02:01 PM
Evolving Member

That's not a bad idea hkfeet-- I'll forward that onto our site admins. How does everyone feel about a 10-25 minimum post count before gaining access to Private for sale?
Old Feb 5, 2005, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

Sounds good to me, Im suprised nobody has any input. Im all for protecting evom members from being scammed or buying stolen parts on the private forums. No offense to anyone, but when a new member with 0 posts comes on here and sells stock evo seats and wheels, I automatically assume they are stolen or its a scam. I avoid buying from people with low post counts, never to pay with money orders, moneygram/wu, and actually looking for references from people before buying. However other members might not be as cautious as I try to be. So I vote for a min. post count on the Private for Sale/Wanted forum.
Old Feb 6, 2005, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, but then, they could just go to the "Attention Post ******" thread and post away for 10 minutes and then jump on and sell.
Old Feb 6, 2005, 03:44 PM
Evolved Member

Incorrect. Attention Post ****** thread will NOT raise your post count.
Old Feb 6, 2005, 03:51 PM
Evolved Member

What do you know, You're right. My mistake, sorry. SO, what's the point of the Post ***** thread then?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Private Classifieds Rules... Please Read Before Posting!