Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

TheMyth Build Thread 2013 - Picture Intensive

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2013, 04:41 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
TheMyth Build Thread 2013 - Picture Intensive - Updated 2017

Hey Everyone,

Decided to finally start my build thread as things are coming along quickly and looking to have the car completely done by March. The car is named "The Myth" because all my friends think my Evo is a Mythical car that will never ever run, ever. I had problems with it since the day I bought it and was constantly down. I didn't touch the car for solid year since it went down the day it got tuned on Buschur's Dyno. The car made 530hp at 31lbs of boost on E85 and had a lot left in it, but suffered from clutch issues and a bad headgasket. I've finally decided if I was going to touch the car again I want it done the way I want it and want to stop from having anymore dumb problems the previous owner caused. The car will be everything I want it to be the day it drives under its own power out of my garage and the estimated cost for this build is a little over $30K. I plan for this build to be a street car making around 850+hp on E85.

The worst part about this car is the wiring, it was a disaster and possibly the worst I've ever seen on any car. The car has many flaws and I will be restoring everything to make this car completely show car worthy inside and out.

Here is the way the car looked the day I picked it up. This will show you the full transformation this car will be going thru in the next few months.

The Last Day it Ran - Slipping clutch 530hp @ 31lbs on E85

Here was the engine bay. **

Here it is back at my house the day I took it down.

Got the trunk back from Champion Kustoms, it was dry carbon $$$ and completely destroyed from the previous owner. I had him just give it some TLC and clear it. I haven't decided what I'm going to do with the keyhole, either put a lock in it or custom setup for a GoPro .

The Wheels were previously stock Evo X wheels in really good shape, I probably won't be able to use them, but I had them powdercoated for now.

Got some more parts back from my local powdercoating company "North Coast Powdercoating - Perry, OH".

I might still replace all the bolts on it as the entire subframe will be coming off again when the car goes to have the engine bay painted and completely buffed/polished/waxed out at Champion Kustoms.

Which is where it's on its way to right now.

This is actually where the car is at right now as I'm making this build thread. I have a lot of parts that came in so i'll share those in the next post.

Last edited by TheMyth; Jul 8, 2017 at 10:39 AM.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 05:09 AM

*PARTS POST* - I will constantly edit this post to show every part coming in.

Here are some of the goodies I've got so far - Enjoy.

I have an 06 Evo 9 and decided to ditch mivec and go for topend power. I got this from Shep brand new Evo 8 head still in the original packaging oil straight from Mitsu.

Stainless steel valve cover bolts.

All the lugnuts were mixed matched and destroyed. Fresh lugs.

All new license plate and interior LED Lights (White).

AIT

All new DDM Tuning 5000k 55Watt HIDs.

Koyorad Complete Evo Half Radiator Rut Roh?.

More packages? Skunk 2 Intake Manifold - Black Edition. It's actually leaving here and going to STM to get ported.

Full Blown 70mm TB.

The car had many clutch issues which was a new Exedy Triple, wouldn't hold 450tq. Found out the installer installed the clutch discs backwards, the flywheel was resurfaced incorrectly, and it was completely missing the pivot ring. Luckily no damage was done to the clutch. Sent everything out to Exedy and they took care of everything only cost me a little bit of cash for their Exedy Racing flywheel. Awesome support Exedy, I couldn't be happier with everything you did for me .

Thanks Shawn who used to work at MAP for hooking me up with a shirt!

StopTech Performance Brake Pads.

Got my TRANS back from ShepTrans. Fully built, Everything new inside, Ultimate Gear Ratio, Cryo treated gears, and billet input shaft. Still waiting on my Transfercase.

Seibon Hood?

I took apart the entire hood and blacked out all the mesh and everything, looks perfect. Screw that silver mesh.. So ricey.

So Much Better!

Rexpeed CF Side Skirts, Spats, and Rear Extensions.

FIC Fuel Rail -8 -8 -6 Return.

All new wheel studs for the front - Ones in the rear were already replaced.

Grimmspeed 3 Port

I have more stuff just need to take more pictures! Hope to have the car back from the body shape this week! Stay posted! Everything will be a surprise as I receive the parts!

Last edited by TheMyth; Nov 5, 2013 at 11:42 AM.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 05:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yup waiting on this one 850hp twins!
Old Nov 2, 2013, 05:51 AM

Mike, You've helped support this build with all your input and now some of your parts. Thanks Bud!

Last edited by TheMyth; Nov 2, 2013 at 06:05 AM.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 06:38 AM

Rexpeed CF Side Skirts, Spats, and Rear Extensions.

Old Nov 2, 2013, 06:44 AM
Evolved Member

only one word comes to mind as I scrolled through this; BALLIN
Old Nov 2, 2013, 07:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
badass!!! I saw you have a clutch stop, any reason you aren't running a new act monoloc instead or atleast in conjunction? Unless you have it and didn't post a pic, in that case nvm

Last edited by ihockey1; Nov 2, 2013 at 07:32 AM.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 07:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by TheMyth
All new license plate and interior LED Lights (White).

Awesome build man. Hey are the two LEDs shown at the bottom of the pic for the map lights/front interior lights? The map light bulbs in the set of LEDs that I got don't point down, so the map lights don't distribute the light like the stock bulbs do.

Last edited by nirvancol; Nov 2, 2013 at 07:49 AM.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 08:17 AM

Thanks, Yeah they should be for the MAP lights - On mine they sit flat, I haven't turned them on since iv installed because the battery and wiring isn't hooked up yet to see what they actually look like.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by ihockey1
badass!!! I saw you have a clutch stop, any reason you aren't running a new act monoloc instead or atleast in conjunction? Unless you have it and didn't post a pic, in that case nvm
The car came with an Exedy SD Twin, I converted the clutch to a full on triple and replaced the SD Face with an HD Face. Unfortunately I haven't made the change to the push style and hope this just works out. If I don't like it or I have another problem with this clutch I'll probably just convert.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 08:54 AM

Nice. Looks like you've got the whole thing planned out pretty well.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 08:58 AM

Nevermind, Just checked out the ACT Monoloc - I'll pick one up cause I'm also paranoid to have to pop a retainer clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhzcgZtb8ow#t=59

Last edited by TheMyth; Nov 2, 2013 at 09:11 AM.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 09:11 AM
Evolving Member

yup always better safe than sorry
Old Nov 2, 2013, 09:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 121 Likes on 105 Posts
Is that a powdercoated front subframe? Looks so shiny and new! Are you going to also do the same for the rear subframe?
Old Nov 2, 2013, 09:19 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
definitely loving this!!!! in for progress

Quick Reply: TheMyth Build Thread 2013 - Picture Intensive