Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

Roen's CASC-ON 2018 OTA GT2 Build

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2017, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Roen's CASC-ON 2018 OTA GT2 Build

I took the Evo out on a shakedown run this past weekend to test out the Dodson Heated Sump and the AMS SST Cooler.

Trans held up to heat well first session, but the brakes got very long and soft. Had to pull off around the end of the session, but should've just coasted around to cool the brakes more. Brake temps were at 800F in the pits. Brembos went from burgundy to black. Nicely cooked. Brakes fully to the floor in the pits.

In the second session, I got brake pressure back, and set a new personal fastest lap all time at this circuit, albeit with a trans that was having shifting issues and a long brake pedal. Clutches seem like they're on their way out, but they have been for a very long time now.

Setup this time: Front: PF1001.11 Z-Rated, Rear: DS2500, Stoptech 660, Stock Cat, Nitron R1 650/727, RE-71R 275/35/18, -2.5 F / -2.0 R, 0 Toe, +1 degree of Caster to Stock, New Spark Plugs!
Setup last time: Front: ST43, Rear: XT910, RS683, UR Mini-Muffler Test Pipe (No Tune), Stock Suspension, RS3 V1 265/35/18, -2.0 F / 1.5 R, 0 Toe, Stock Caster

Data comparison between my fastest lap before and my new fastest (Apologies, no video):

I'm fairly comfortable with where the car is now, but need more seat time with the coilovers. These coilovers aren't the best winter friendly coilovers and are now pretty much non-adjustable in the front. It's fine though, the car didn't feel overly uncontrolled on the rebound side, nor did it jack down much due to too much rebound. Also, due to the nature of the tracks here, I may soften the spring rates to 10/11 with the appropriate re-valving on the next shock rebuild. The braking performance is terrible compared to previous, and that's mainly due to driver confidence with a long brake pedal on overheated street pads.

Current Mods:
Cosworth Panel Filter Replacement
Cobb Quad-Tip CBE
Nitron NTR R1 650/727 Rebound Adjustable with Camber / Caster Plates
Superpro RCK
All Suspension Bushings replaced with Superpro Polyurethane
RaceFab Camber Arms
Performance Friction 1001.11 Z-Rated Front
Ferodo DS2500 Rear
Bridgestone Potenza RE-71R

Over the winter, the plan is:
Install my Moore Racing Toe Arms
4 Poly Engine / Trans Mounts
Beatrush Differential Spacer
Torque Solution Driveshaft Carrier Bearing Support Bushings
Driveshaft Shop CF Driveshaft
Quaife ATB Front Diff
Cusco Type RS 1.5 Rear Diff
SS Brake Lines
Girodisc 2-Pc Rotor Upgrade
Girodisc S/S pads for the street, ST43 for the track
Girodisc Titanium Heat Shields
Brembo (Blackbo) Full Rebuild:
Racing Brake Stainless Steel Pistons
Girodisc Front & Rear Caliper Rebuild Kit
TE37SL 18x10, +20 Track Rims
Whatever is the next track tire of choice >=180 treadwear

Last edited by Roen; Jun 12, 2017 at 10:24 AM.