EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Project Cars / Build Threads (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/project-cars-build-threads-344/)
-   -   IX RS Build (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/project-cars-build-threads/368138-ix-rs-build.html)

Most-Wanted Sep 7, 2008 11:54 PM

IX RS Build

5 Attachment(s)
I have wanted to build an all out evo for several years and the time has finally come. I have been waiting to get all the funds together as it will be a no expense spared build. I am very fortunate to have some great people backing me as well. All that info will be released shortly. I will take pics along the way and show the progress. The motor is already out and on its way to David Buschur for treatment. CFT is doing a great job at getting everything organized. I will be running the stock turbo only one more night once the entire car is reassembled. I am hoping for a 10.30-10.40 pass with the stock turbo. After that, the new turbo will be put on and it will be time to have fun.

The motor was in perfect shape inside surprisingly. I am swapping everything over from ETS to Buschur Racing. I have to add the parachute and do a bunch more safety equipment which is a bummer. It will be certified for 8.50's. I have come up with a few ways to shed about 150 more pounds, so it will be interesting to see what the final weight is with all the safety gear.

Most-Wanted Sep 7, 2008 11:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am going to try to keep up with this thread. I am going out of town tomorrow to drop off all the goodies. I will take more pics when I'm up there.

vwjeff Sep 8, 2008 06:02 AM

I think just changing the ETS stuff to Buschur will net much better times!

Keep at Brian, I am subscribing to this 1!

scheides Sep 8, 2008 07:12 AM

Post lots of pics :D How gutted is the car right now?

JRB_EVO Sep 8, 2008 07:17 AM

Good luck on the build!!!

Like the guys already said, document the build with lots of pictures.

ExtremeDSM Sep 8, 2008 07:33 AM

Good luck on the build, hope you get the times you are looking for.

Kreeker Sep 8, 2008 07:41 AM

Should be sweet. Build you safety modifications for 7s. Go balls out, don't aim low :lol:

evolved83 Sep 8, 2008 07:55 AM

I am definately looking forward to this build... can't wait to see the final product {thumbup}

What turbo are you going to put on after you give the stock turbo one last try? If you don't want to say, you can pm me

AWD Motorsports Sep 8, 2008 07:58 AM

Good luck.. Car should move when you get it back..

Most-Wanted Sep 8, 2008 02:18 PM

Thanks guys. Everyone is very excited about this build....

Well, I can't hold it in any longer. And everyone keeps asking where we are headed with the RS. I have teamed up with Forced Performance for the ultimate build. Robert and Aniel are great guys and the only place I would even think about going for bigger power. I can't thank them enough for the opportunity and am super happy to be part of the family. The turbo will be the red and the motor is a fully built Buschur stage 3. This is an exciting time for everyone involved. CFT has gone above and beyond to make this happen. So for that I am also very grateful. I'll include more details on Wednesday when I get back home.

PATRICK B. Sep 8, 2008 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Most-Wanted (Post 6093802)

Well, I can't hold it in any longer. And everyone keeps asking where we are headed with the RS. I have teamed up with Forced Performance for the ultimate build. Robert and Aniel are great guys and the only place I would even think about going for bigger power. I can't thank them enough for the opportunity and am super happy to be part of the family. The turbo will be the red and the motor is a fully built Buschur stage 3. This is an exciting time for everyone involved. CFT has gone above and beyond to make this happen. So for that I am also very grateful. I'll include more details on Wednesday when I get back home.

Very exciting stuff going on there Brian....i'm super excited for you as well.

You have the backing of the best in the biz {thumbup}

Anyone know if FP needs some West Coast representation?

vwjeff Sep 8, 2008 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Most-Wanted (Post 6093802)

OH Snap:eek:

I for see 9sec9 vs Most Wanted:beer:

But in a good way of corse{thumbup}

90GSXDan Sep 8, 2008 06:22 PM

Let me ask you a question.... Keeping engineering design in mind.... Whats the difference between a ETS HTA35r and Buschur HTA35r? This still puzzles me... Nothing besides a slightly different designed manifold. They both still use the HTA35r Powerplant made by the same people! Forced Performance....

Whats the difference between a ETS 3" Exhaust and a Buschur 3" exhaust when they both use VERY free flowing muffler and ETS infact has 1 less bend? Both of which have an almost identical routing of piping?

I think how you biased Buschur FanBoi's still think that because it was touched by Buschur, it MUST make 100whp more!!! LOL.

Nothing against David Buschur or his shop, but come on. Its physics and science. a 3" Exhaust with almost identical routing and both free flowing mufflers will net almost identical numbers.

Same goes with a HTA35r kit. They both start with a 2.5" 02 housing and go to a 3" exhaust almost 6 inches after the turbo. I HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt that the Buschur tubular manifold also makes an addition 70whp over an ETS Equal Length tubular manifold....

I know this has nothing to do with your build, but a wreckless, childish remark like "just changing the ETS stuff to Buschur will net much better times!" is by far the dumbest thing Ive heard on this forum in a while...

Anyways, good luck with your build and stay open minded! Cant go wrong with a Buschur Stage 3 motor.

Dan :beer:

gsrboi80 Sep 8, 2008 06:29 PM

Im sure ther is no difference in either turbo kit.

1 thing I do know though is the BR builds some kick ass engines. I was pming JRod today and in the next few months I will have a BR 2.0 bottom end in my EVO as well. My car has 100k and I want to have the piece of mind of a built motor. Who better that BR and their kick ass short block right!!!! :cool:

Turbo Kyle Sep 8, 2008 06:32 PM

^ well put

justboosted02 Sep 8, 2008 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by 90GSXDan (Post 6094727)
Let me ask you a question.... Keeping engineering design in mind.... Whats the difference between a ETS HTA35r and Buschur HTA35r? This still puzzles me... Nothing besides a slightly different designed manifold. They both still use the HTA35r Powerplant made by the same people! Forced Performance....

Whats the difference between a ETS 3" Exhaust and a Buschur 3" exhaust when they both use VERY free flowing muffler and ETS infact has 1 less bend? Both of which have an almost identical routing of piping?

I think how you biased Buschur FanBoi's still think that because it was touched by Buschur, it MUST make 100whp more!!! LOL.

Nothing against David Buschur or his shop, but come on. Its physics and science. a 3" Exhaust with almost identical routing and both free flowing mufflers will net almost identical numbers.

Same goes with a HTA35r kit. They both start with a 2.5" 02 housing and go to a 3" exhaust almost 6 inches after the turbo. I HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt that the Buschur tubular manifold also makes an addition 70whp over an ETS Equal Length tubular manifold....

I know this has nothing to do with your build, but a wreckless, childish remark like "just changing the ETS stuff to Buschur will net much better times!" is by far the dumbest thing Ive heard on this forum in a while...

Anyways, good luck with your build and stay open minded! Cant go wrong with a Buschur Stage 3 motor.

buschur doesnt make their manifold, its a shearer piece

AWD Motorsports Sep 8, 2008 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by 90GSXDan (Post 6094727)

You wont know unless you actually test the 2 kits so you might doubt but you dont know..

I beleive he was switching to a BR 4" Race FMIC which doesnt work with ETS piping anyway.. BR has proven parts that work great so why deviate and mix and match parts??

AWD Motorsports Sep 8, 2008 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by justboosted02 (Post 6094822)
buschur doesnt make their manifold, its a shearer piece

That is correct.. They make the downpipe part of the turbo kit.. {thumbup}

90GSXDan Sep 8, 2008 07:01 PM

Mike, You would know. You tested a ETS 6262 on your dyno. Do you think it would be any different with a shearer manifold? Like a 70whp or more WHP difference?

Im not against him going with him. I too believe in stay with what your building. Im going with an ETS HTA35r, along with a ETS 3" exhaust, and I already have the ETS 3.5" FMIC with the short route piping.

I was directing my statement to VWjeff, Nothing against you either Mike since I know your a Buschur distributor...

Good luck with the build! I will be subscribing to this thread to see how far you can make it on the stock turbo! Cant wait to see what you do with the red!

vwjeff Sep 8, 2008 07:37 PM

Well we all know the BR intercooler out performs the brand X unit, and the BR exhaust is way lighter... call me a fan boy cause I am proud of it.

The differance in the 2 kits are about 1 to 2 sec at the track... hell I have never seen a track # or dyno # from there kit... flame away:)

Brian good luck bro, I wish you the best bud!!!

AWD Motorsports Sep 8, 2008 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by 90GSXDan (Post 6094880)
Mike, You would know. You tested a ETS 6262 on your dyno. Do you think it would be any different with a shearer manifold? Like a 70whp or more WHP difference?

Im not against him going with him. I too believe in stay with what your building. Im going with an ETS HTA35r, along with a ETS 3" exhaust, and I already have the ETS 3.5" FMIC with the short route piping.

I was directing my statement to VWjeff, Nothing against you either Mike since I know your a Buschur distributor...

Good luck with the build! I will be subscribing to this thread to see how far you can make it on the stock turbo! Cant wait to see what you do with the red!

I really dont want to be in the middle of the debate.. I will say though the BR Race FMIC does seem to outperform all other 4" intercoolers.. Manifold for manifold i have never done testing on both back to back.. The Peak HP gain doesnt always tell the story, sometimes its the spool up and power curve that makes one car faster or quicker than the other.. In this case Brian decided to go all Buschur to seal up the proven combination so there is no guessing if and why his car isnt making the power of Vwjeff, or slorice etc..

Mulholland0132 Sep 8, 2008 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by vwjeff (Post 6095037)
Well we all know the BR intercooler out performs the brand X unit, and the BR exhaust is way lighter... call me a fan boy cause I am proud of it.

The differance in the 2 kits are about 1 to 2 sec at the track... hell I have never seen a track # or dyno # from there kit... flame away:)

Brian good luck bro, I wish you the best bud!!!

I run almost ALL BR parts on my car (race front mount, hta35r kit, turbo back, etc...)
But...........................Jeff................ ...your trying sooooooo hard to be a Buschur Fan Boy your making yourself sound like you belong in the special olympics.

Nobody doubts your loyalty to BR so take a deep breath and formulate sentences that aren't so easy to criticize. "Two seconds at the track"....:rolleyes:

Mulholland0132 Sep 8, 2008 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports (Post 6095076)
I really dont want to be in the middle of the debate.. I will say though the BR Race FMIC does seem to outperform all other 4" intercoolers.. Manifold for manifold i have never done testing on both back to back.. The Peak HP gain doesnt always tell the story, sometimes its the spool up and power curve that makes one car faster or quicker than the other.. In this case Brian decided to go all Buschur to seal up the proven combination so there is no guessing if and why his car isnt making the power of Vwjeff, or slorice etc..

The voice of reason....Mike....that could not have been more diplomatic.{thumbup}

BTW...to the OP....good luck on your build. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

vwjeff Sep 8, 2008 08:20 PM

]{offtopic}

Originally Posted by Mulholland0132 (Post 6095081)
I run almost ALL BR parts on my car (race front mount, hta35r kit, turbo back, etc...)
But...........................Jeff................ ...your trying sooooooo hard to be a Buschur Fan Boy your making yourself sound like you belong in the special olympics.

Nobody doubts your loyalty to BR so take a deep breath and formulate sentences that aren't so easy to criticize. "Two seconds at the track"....:rolleyes:

Brian what intake manifold are you going with man?

90GSXDan Sep 8, 2008 08:42 PM

I completely understand Mike, but as Paul Nelson and many others have proved, the ETS intercooler is also just as effecient as the Buschur. Maybe not in the weight department, but the main product goal of the ETS intercooler was to make the biggest intercooler possible to fit with the stock splash gaurd and bumper support WITHOUT cutting. They seem to have succeeded in that if you ask me.

Jeff, look past any of Buschur's threads and you can see many people making good numbers and good track times on a ETS kit...

VWJeff, your Zoltan-Buschur like mentality never ceases to amazing me.

Mulholland, your baby-mobile is PIMP!!!!

I cant wait to see this build progress! Get it movin already! LOL

Evolution8RS Sep 8, 2008 08:51 PM

this is going to be a sick build... Ill be watching.... well and wishiing{thumbup}

BlueDemon Sep 8, 2008 08:51 PM

Brian, which engine management system are you going to use for your new setup?

gsXingU Sep 8, 2008 08:53 PM

i know someone mentioned buschurs exhaust being lighter. Well I have the buschur exhaust and the reason why its lighter is because the piping is soo damn thin. A little too thin if you ask me. Ive heard from many other evo owners in my area with buschur's exhaust that the hangers rip off if you hit a bump in the road. It happened to me :( and it seems to be a common thing...sooo is lighter better??

SOEuro Sep 8, 2008 08:56 PM

you cant go wrong with BR!!! good luck

RACE MAN Sep 8, 2008 09:07 PM

Please lets keep this topic what is supose to Brians RS. Brian Thanks for choosing CFT to be the ones encharged of the buildup I know with the new setup is going to be crazy fast and fun to drive.Allboost,no meth, Car is runing good with the AEM.I want to thanks FP Robert Young as one of our main sponsors for putting great Turbo that makes good power under the stock apearing the famous RED that we would be using very soon to break into the 9's.Hey Indy you got to hook me up with one of those Wilson Manifolds for Most-Wanted's car hook me up with a goo deal.Brian with 150 less pounds out of the car and 650 WHP should be enough to run mid to low 9's I cant wait to see this finish.

AWD Motorsports Sep 8, 2008 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by 90GSXDan (Post 6095241)
I completely understand Mike, but as Paul Nelson and many others have proved, the ETS intercooler is also just as effecient as the Buschur. Maybe not in the weight department, but the main product goal of the ETS intercooler was to make the biggest intercooler possible to fit with the stock splash gaurd and bumper support WITHOUT cutting. They seem to have succeeded in that if you ask me.

Jeff, look past any of Buschur's threads and you can see many people making good numbers and good track times on a ETS kit...

VWJeff, your Zoltan-Buschur like mentality never ceases to amazing me.

Mulholland, your baby-mobile is PIMP!!!!

I cant wait to see this build progress! Get it movin already! LOL

Lets not use Paul Nelson as an example.. His race car went as quick as my street car with 300whp more and 500 less lbs.. :lol:

90GSXDan Sep 8, 2008 10:40 PM

So what? A difference in sea level along with track prep and driving skills. ETS performs and its been PROVEN. Competitve pricing with just as much quality of build if not better.

Whatever fan boi's Enjoy the Buschur schlong!

dsmfan95 Sep 8, 2008 10:56 PM

Brian, I cant wait to see your progress. It's too bad this thread has already gone way off topic.

URBANRCR Sep 8, 2008 11:01 PM

Good luck with the build! {thumbup}

As for the ETS VS BR can't we all just get along?:chug:

AWD Motorsports Sep 9, 2008 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by 90GSXDan (Post 6095582)
So what? A difference in sea level along with track prep and driving skills. ETS performs and its been PROVEN. Competitve pricing with just as much quality of build if not better.

Buschur Schlong FTW.. {thumbup}

evolved83 Sep 9, 2008 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by gsXingU (Post 6095278)
i know someone mentioned buschurs exhaust being lighter. Well I have the buschur exhaust and the reason why its lighter is because the piping is soo damn thin. A little too thin if you ask me. Ive heard from many other evo owners in my area with buschur's exhaust that the hangers rip off if you hit a bump in the road. It happened to me :( and it seems to be a common thing...sooo is lighter better??

I have the buschur exhaust and haven't had ANY problems with it. No hangers coming off or anything like that...

MrJdmJimi Sep 9, 2008 08:11 AM

i think they are both good

RACE MAN Sep 9, 2008 08:58 AM

Please lets keep this in topic Brians RS BUILD

Aniel Sep 9, 2008 09:05 AM

Cant wait to see this bad boy back at the track Brian!

Shacochis06 Sep 9, 2008 09:08 AM

Congrats youll love the red....cant wait to see what numbers you can push out now with a biggger and badder setup

RyuEvoIX Sep 9, 2008 01:20 PM

This should be quite interesting. Can't wait to see the results. I have a red on order as well. :)

06MREvo Sep 9, 2008 04:27 PM

I'm def. going to keep an eye on this build...i'm pretty excited to see what the car will run with a built motor and stock turbo...low 10s would be nasty!!!....Good luck!!

Fastlaser92 Sep 9, 2008 04:59 PM

good luck with your build, cant wait to see what times you get with the stocker.

Paul Nelson Sep 9, 2008 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports (Post 6095333)
Lets not use Paul Nelson as an example.. His race car went as quick as my street car with 300whp more and 500 less lbs.. :lol:

You also spend more time at the track than i do :) My car weighs 2715 with me in it.

As much as you weigh i guess that's pretty awesome you went that quick;)

AWD Motorsports Sep 9, 2008 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Paul Nelson (Post 6098731)
You also spend more time at the track than i do :) My car weighs 2715 with me in it.

I knew that would get you off your rocker.. so yeah 375lbs more weight and 300less HP same ET.. {thumbup}

LI Pinky Sep 9, 2008 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Paul Nelson (Post 6098731)

Not to get off topic but thats funny! lol

Hey man best of luck with your build!! Your RS has been one of my favorite evos...perod. and i've been following your mods and progress from day one. From what you have done thus far i have no doubt that these new modifications are gonna take you and your car wayyyy past the next level!!!

BEST OF LUCKKKK! :beer:

Most-Wanted Sep 10, 2008 12:39 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Thanks everyone for the support. Please try to keep on topic. I really don't want any vendor bashing. I loved the ets stuff and it performed very well. The car went 10.77 with the ets parts. Fitment was also perfect. My reason for switching is I wouldn't ever think of having anyone else build my motor but David Buschur. I also wanted to run a Buschur 4" race fmic and hate running mix matched parts. So it was a logical move. The car is coming along nicely. It is going to the chassis shop on Saturday for a few changes:) Some aero work, etc. Here are a few more pics from the past few days.

Indy Evo Sep 10, 2008 12:52 PM

Good Luck with the build Brian. Indy

Most-Wanted Sep 10, 2008 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by vwjeff (Post 6093999)
OH Snap:eek:

I for see 9sec9 vs Most Wanted:beer:

But in a good way of corse{thumbup}

Definitely in a good way. I have the utmost respect for the Powell family. I am taking a very different approach to my set up and it will be interesting to see the differences. Even though we are competitors of sort, I feel we are great friends and essentially on the same team:)

Most-Wanted Sep 10, 2008 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Aniel@FP (Post 6096674)
Cant wait to see this bad boy back at the track Brian!

You and me both:) I am very impatient:) I am very happy to be part of the family.

RACE MAN Sep 12, 2008 09:44 PM

Brian All the parts have been shipped to Bushur and Tomorrow the car would leave to the chassis shop OMG Can u say more weight out brupp Call me tomorrow.I cant wait to see this finish

Shacochis06 Sep 12, 2008 09:49 PM

so im guessing the car is done for the season???

EDIT: Nevermind you guys dont see winter snow down there....Are the tracks open all year around in florida?

RyuEvoIX Sep 13, 2008 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by Shacochis06 (Post 6111775)
so im guessing the car is done for the season???

EDIT: Nevermind you guys dont see winter snow down there....Are the tracks open all year around in florida?

Yes they are. {thumbup}

Indy Evo Sep 13, 2008 07:27 AM

Brian your stuff is ready and at Buschur's. Thanks, Indy

1badgsex Sep 13, 2008 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by 90GSXDan (Post 6095582)

sounds like someones salty to me... just from an outside view ive read every post and it seems u are mad or salty cause u dont have buschur parts or something. Thats just what iam seeing/reading. seems to me u are attacking buschur parts even though u say your not it seems that way, your basically saying ETS parts are the same as BUSCHUR parts (which there not)

Shacochis06 Sep 13, 2008 12:11 PM

^^lol yea hes right ETS parts perform and been proven but Buschur parts perform even better and have been proven the last 10 years

OKIX Sep 13, 2008 12:16 PM

Brian I can not wait to follow the progress of your build. You are going to have a sick car on your hands. It is through competition that keeps us moving forward and progressing with our cars. We wish nothing but the best for you guys. Make sure to keep us updated.

SparkTech Sep 13, 2008 01:06 PM

Hey Brian...Just found this thread:D . Black Varflex will be here Mon/Tue so your Pro-system will be on it's way next week{thumbup}

This build is moving right along, good to see progress:mitsu:

90GSXDan Sep 13, 2008 03:02 PM

Salty? Lol, go swallow another load buddy.

Anyways, Buschur and ETS's parts are BOTH proven. I can care less if Buschur is on my car because I already had and still have buschur parts on my car. But to say another part is better without beeing proven from they same person, same day, same dyno, then you cant say its better.

Once again, good luck with the build!

Shacochis06 Sep 13, 2008 03:35 PM

^^i think big al already proved the buschur outperformed brand "x" in his ic testing

Most-Wanted Sep 13, 2008 03:49 PM

Indy Evo- Thank you very much. I will get in touch with you.

OKIX- I feel the same. You guys have always been there for me with support and it is appreciated. As soon as things are a little more organized I will shoot you a pm.

spark tech- I can't wait. It will look incredible with the new powder coated valve cover. And I know it will cure my 4th gear mis fire issues:)

raceman- You know it. Carbon fiber stuff will be there Monday:) The wait is a killer on this project. I may come up during the week to visit and say hello. I am looking forward to see how the chassis shopmade out.

As for this ets vs Buschur. PLEASE fight elsewhere. This is about a IX RS build and not a debate. Both are great products. I am just devoted to Buschur as this is my 4th build with his products. They have never let me down. That doesn't take anything away from ETS. The car was the quickest stock/block turbo evo on those parts. The next post on that will be sent to the mods as inappropriate. I want this to be a fun thread.

RACE MAN Sep 13, 2008 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by SparkTech (Post 6113100)
Hey Brian...Just found this thread:D . Black Varflex will be here Mon/Tue so your Pro-system will be on it's way next week{thumbup}

This build is moving right along, good to see progress:mitsu:

'

SParktech on another CFT Evo thats great to have you working with us.I cant wait to see the black Varflex on Brians Prosystem

slicedbreadno2 Sep 13, 2008 04:09 PM

Good luck with the build I can't wait to see how this car turns out.

Most-Wanted Sep 13, 2008 04:22 PM

Thanks. We are all very very excited to get it done. It should be amazing with all the great people involved.

SparkTech Sep 13, 2008 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by RACE MAN (Post 6113544)
'

SParktech on another CFT Evo thats great to have you working with us.I cant wait to see the black Varflex on Brians Prosystem

Good to be working with the crew over at CFT{thumbup}

1badgsex Sep 13, 2008 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Shacochis06 (Post 6112973)
^^lol yea hes right ETS parts perform and been proven but Buschur parts perform even better and have been proven the last 10 years

agreed 100%^^ buschur has been around for a long time i used to buy parts from them for my 1g eclipse and there were top notch, iam not sayin ets dosent make nice parts cause they do and priced very good iam just sayin this guy is comparing buschur to ets and although ets stuff is nice there not proven to make power like buschur stuff is.

1badgsex Sep 13, 2008 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Shacochis06 (Post 6113483)
^^i think big al already proved the buschur outperformed brand "x" in his ic testing

AMEN to that one!!!lol lol this kid has no idea.....

Most-Wanted Sep 19, 2008 10:50 PM

A little tease and update...

2 Attachment(s)
Went to drop off the new Buschur race FMIC, carbon fiber headlight covers, etc. to the chassis shop today. It is a slow going process as lots of things are being done and everyone wants to be on the right page. Parts are finally trickling in. The chassis guys are very secretive and I can respect that. I only took two pics. Notice all the cars under covers:) Lana is one of the only car's out in the open saying look at me:) LOL.... She is in good hands and I can wait for this week to be over so I have some cool pics to show. They're handling all the rest of the needs for 8.50 passes per NHRA. Gonna set me back a little on weight, but it will be safer and a fully legit car. Some of the cool additions are rear under body aero tray, front aero tray(engine diaper), firewall behind rear seats, something extra sneaky???:), and possibly a drag wing:) CFT is handling mostly everything and has done an outstanding job.

Most-Wanted Sep 19, 2008 10:55 PM

THANK YOU Forced Performance....

2 Attachment(s)
This deserves its very own post:) I want to personally thank Robert and the guys at Forced Performance for trusting me with a RED. This thing is beautiful and is about to change the way people look at Stock Appearing Turbos. They are some of the nicest guys in the industry. There aren't enough words to describe how thankful I am to have this opportunity.....

RazorLab Sep 19, 2008 11:31 PM

Same thing I thought when I looked at the red in person "beautiful" ;)

Shacochis06 Sep 20, 2008 04:37 AM

your going to love the red

FathouseFab Sep 20, 2008 09:20 AM

Looks great man. I want a red. :)

06MREvo Sep 28, 2008 04:27 PM

any updates...how is the car doing....any new pics?? haha i wanna see!!

apagan01 Sep 28, 2008 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Most-Wanted (Post 6136859)
This deserves its very own post:) I want to personally thank Robert and the guys at Forced Performance for trusting me with a RED. This thing is beautiful and is about to change the way people look at Stock Appearing Turbos. They are some of the nicest guys in the industry. There aren't enough words to describe how thankful I am to have this opportunity.....

Brian congrats man and i desire you the best of the best you deserve it you are a straight fowar guy, no BS person and thats golden in anyones life.

Keep up the good work and keep me posted i deff have to see this car go down the track and show what it will do with a stock frame turbo, it will be deff intersting to watch :usflag: :mitsu: {thumbup}

zasboy Sep 28, 2008 05:47 PM

Awesome build. Good luck and hope you get the results you are looking for.

red03evo Sep 28, 2008 07:18 PM

Should be nice. Congrats on the build and new parts.

LilRico Sep 28, 2008 07:57 PM

I can't wait to see this project finished! Brian are you going to run the stock OEM IX turbo 1st and then put the red on? Or are you just going to skip that test and go straight for gold with the red?

Paul Nelson Sep 28, 2008 08:04 PM

Sweet can't wait for some good times to come!

O and ETS parts work and go fast:cool:

Most-Wanted Sep 30, 2008 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by 06MREvo (Post 6168823)
any updates...how is the car doing....any new pics?? haha i wanna see!!

Thanks everyone for the support. Its been a little stressful but far out weighed by exciting....

Not too much to report. Chassis is almost finished and will be headed back to CFT for fuel system install midle of the week. I needed to do alot of aero work and weight reduction. Also had to add a window support. We were concerned 150mph passes would stress the lexan window:)

As for the fuel system I am running a weldon 2035 with huge fuel rail. You could slide a roll of quarters down it:) 4 gallon fuel cell is also going in. Carweight should be down near 2400. Motor is done and waiting for the head to return. Most parts are in and only waiting on a few items to arrive. I am so anxious I can't sleep. I will be going to CFT to drop off some parts and will take up to date pics. I have been just sitting back and letting CFT handle all the work and staying out of their way:) She is in good hands.

06MREvo Oct 5, 2008 01:45 AM

did a page of this thread get deleted?? i'm assuming so...i had a post with a bunch of questions that is now not on here...oh well...i'll ask them tomorrow too tired tonight...but i will ask again haha anymore updates Brian??

Most-Wanted Oct 5, 2008 03:44 AM

I think we discussed that in another thread:) On a good note I saw and met Ken Shamrock and Tito Ortiz tonight:) Thats the way we roll.......

chrisblueevo Oct 5, 2008 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Most-Wanted (Post 6194371)
I think we discussed that in another thread:) On a good note I saw and met Ken Shamrock and Tito Ortiz tonight:) Thats the way we roll.......

Where were they at scarlets? Did shamrock really have a cut over his eye? I didnt like how they switched fighters like that on kimbo. Rematch ASAP

Billy@EnglishRacing Oct 5, 2008 10:23 AM

sounds like it should be a beast

Most-Wanted Oct 5, 2008 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by chrisblueevo (Post 6194940)
Where were they at scarlets? Did shamrock really have a cut over his eye? I didnt like how they switched fighters like that on kimbo. Rematch ASAP

Yeah, we are all at Scarlett's:) I didn't notice a cut because of the lights, strobes, etc and didn't really talk with him that much. I did talk with Ortiz and had him sign a scarletts shirt:) He seems down to Earth. Of course how can you not be in Scarletts:) lol.....

ineedof-I hope so:)

AWD Motorsports Oct 5, 2008 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by chrisblueevo (Post 6194940)

I was at the fight and yes he had a cut over his eye.. He said he didnt care if they would let him fight he was ready... That cut wouldnt stop the fight so why couldnt he start the fight..

Shacochis06 Oct 5, 2008 05:20 PM

is ortiz still dating jenna jameson

Most-Wanted Oct 5, 2008 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Shacochis06 (Post 6196271)
is ortiz still dating jenna jameson

Thats what I hear, but I didn't see her last night. Woulda liked the wife to meet her:) lol....

Most-Wanted Oct 6, 2008 04:25 PM

I hear the car lost major weight with the mod I did at the chassis shop. Over 50 pounds off the nose:) That is not including the carbon fiber headlight replacement covers, etc, etc. Total diet should be around 150 pounds:) So without my carbon fiber doors in the equation weight should be an astonishing 23xx pounds or so. This last two week stretch is going to be a beach:) lol... Also found out my crank was wiped out and not reusable:(

RevMoto Oct 6, 2008 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Most-Wanted (Post 6196309)
Thats what I hear, but I didn't see her last night. Woulda liked the wife to meet her:) lol....

He knocked her up that is why you don't see her. At home taking it easy. (inside sources)

Most-Wanted Oct 6, 2008 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by RevMoto (Post 6200667)
He knocked her up that is why you don't see her. At home taking it easy. (inside sources)

Thats cool:)

David Buschur Oct 6, 2008 06:02 PM

Very glad to be a big part of this build. Thanks for going with us, I'm fairly certain you are going to be very happy with the outcome! We've got some special recipes just for this build for you, as you know.

We are going to try and give you something to shoot for with Tom's car tomorrow night!

Thanks again!

redboosted05 Oct 6, 2008 06:11 PM

can't wait till i have the funds to do something like this!! now where are the updated pics im waiting!!!-JOEYD

Most-Wanted Oct 6, 2008 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by davidbuschur (Post 6201113)
Very glad to be a big part of this build. Thanks for going with us, I'm fairly certain you are going to be very happy with the outcome! We've got some special recipes just for this build for you, as you know.

We are going to try and give you something to shoot for with Tom's car tomorrow night!

Thanks again!

Thank you for building me a motor. I know it will deliver and there were never any questions in my mind as to who I was going to have build it. This has been a long time in the making. I have done 4 bolt on evos with your parts and all performed flawlessly. So it was a no brainer for the big build.

Most-Wanted Oct 9, 2008 03:02 PM

OMG! Can't believe it has been a month already:( I miss her:) LOL... Things are finally starting to wrap up at least. The car has been at the chassis shop for 3 weeks alone:) She should be coming back to CFT first of the week. Motor is shipping soon and parts are 98% accounted for. Even have spares as a back up and testing purposes. I have decided to go with the Forced Performance FP5R's:) Can't wait to see the nice hp curve with those bad boys:).... I am going up on Monday and promise to post pics on Tuesday night.

apagan01 Oct 9, 2008 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Most-Wanted (Post 6213193)
OMG! Can't believe it has been a month already:( I miss her:) LOL... Things are finally starting to wrap up at least. The car has been at the chassis shop for 3 weeks alone:) She should be coming back to CFT first of the week. Motor is shipping soon and parts are 98% accounted for. Even have spares as a back up and testing purposes. I have decided to go with the Forced Performance FP5R's:) Can't wait to see the nice hp curve with those bad boys:).... I am going up on Monday and promise to post pics on Tuesday night.

Brian this biuld looks very good, cant wait to see this baby on the dyno and on the 1/4mile.

maybe i can get a ride, hint hint :) hey dont blame me for it :)

EpicEVO Oct 9, 2008 03:24 PM

Who made your CF doors?

Most-Wanted Oct 9, 2008 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by apagan01 (Post 6213233)
Brian this biuld looks very good, cant wait to see this baby on the dyno and on the 1/4mile.

maybe i can get a ride, hint hint :) hey dont blame me for it :)

No problem, I have two carbon fiber seats with harness'. Wife like a ride every now and then:) LOL... That was the stipulation on the seat, had to buy two:)

epicevo-No carbon fiber doors yet:( I wanted the seibon fiberglass ones, but they discontinued them. Not sure what to do on that situation right now. Car weighs sub 2400 so not really an issue yet. I am concentrating on getting it up and running and then will work on a solution for the doors.

Indy Evo Oct 9, 2008 03:36 PM

Brian contact Robi he has some glass doors and they are around 7lbs. each.

AWD Motorsports Oct 9, 2008 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Indy Evo (Post 6213356)
Brian contact Robi he has some glass doors and they are around 7lbs. each.

uhh.. I am on it chief.. :D

EpicEVO Oct 9, 2008 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Most-Wanted (Post 6213314)
No problem, I have two carbon fiber seats with harness'. Wife like a ride every now and then:) LOL... That was the stipulation on the seat, had to buy two:)

epicevo-No carbon fiber doors yet:( I wanted the seibon fiberglass ones, but they discontinued them. Not sure what to do on that situation right now. Car weighs sub 2400 so not really an issue yet. I am concentrating on getting it up and running and then will work on a solution for the doors.

oh right on, I thought there was a post about you having doors..

Well congrats on the progress on your car.. I wish my evo weighted 2400lbs!! That has got to be such a good feeling!! Post up some pics!!!!

Mark