Notices
For Sale - Cars For Sale Includes all models. If you have a vehicle for sale, place it in here.
Mark this thread as Unsold

[FS] 2004 Lancer Ralliart Manual - 188k miles - $1,900 or BO - SoCal

Old Apr 12, 2018, 08:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 Lancer Ralliart Manual - 188k miles $1900 or BO - San Diego

2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
odometer:
VIN: JA3AJ66F04U047221
paint color : white
type : sedan
drive : fwd
fuel : gas
transmission : 5 speed manual
title status : clean
cylinders : 4 cylinders

Also listed on Ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-Mitsub...t/232731136982 .

Selling my car of 12-years. It has served me well and I am moving to East Coast. Hoping to find an owner who will appreciate it as well. Remarks:

Overall car:
  • Well maintained, engine is SUPER SMOOTH to this day even at 188k miles. The Lancers are true beaters.
  • Clean interior (signs of carpet wear on the floor of the driver but can be easily covered with a new floor mat / normal signs of use given its age)
  • Handles very well and firm
  • AC working well
  • The car has stock rims, spoilers, brake lights
  • Kenwood CD player
  • KYB struts & raybestos arms
History
  • 2006: bought in Illinois at 16K miles and registered in WI on my dad's name
  • 2011: Moved to California and registered on my name (2012)
  • 2013: New radiator installed
  • 2014: New suspension by the Mitsu Dealer in Glendale, CA (KYB struts, RayBestos controls arms)
  • 2015: New brakes & timing belt
  • 2016: New AC hose
  • 2017: New clutch (read more about the clutch below)
Frame Damage Note:
  • You'll notice the car history (see the link in Ebay) reports the car was auctioned as frame damage, reported 6 months AFTER I purchased the car in Illinois. Sadly I did not know this at the time the car was purchased and this apparently is a common loophole tactic by dealers since CarFax takes up to 6 months to report this. I merely found this out last year from CarMax and then I also documented this here last year (see my previous post in the forums). I was quite angry, however, I'm happy to report that for the 12 years I've had my car it has been without any issues from this reported frame damage. Therefore I am selling and pricing the car based on the overall performance and the condition of the car.

Last part replaced:
  • The clutch -- bought it at Amazon (still have receipts if you are curious) and had it replaced. The clutch is not sitting particularly well (engages late, needs a little bit more of gas when going from a complete stop. I would probably replace the clutch first but it still a lot of miles to go. Also documented this in the forums.
Other nuisances:
  • As already mentioned, the suspension was fully replaced including struts, controls arms, and bushings. For some reason there are small metal clicking/clunking noises when turning or going over bumps, but every single mechanic (including the Mitsu dealer) has reassured me this is how the new suspension is and it's fine. It has been making these noises for 4 years now without any issues).
Any other questions don't hesitate to reach out!

Last edited by Nik128; Apr 12, 2018 at 08:31 PM. Reason: title and attachments
Old Apr 17, 2018, 10:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sold!!