Notices
Site Feedback / Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

Feedback mechanism for feedback ratings?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2004, 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Feedback mechanism for feedback ratings?

I recently got some bad feedback that was not justified, but there's no way to really put it in context in the event that others are judging me by my rating. Is there a way for a user to add comments to any negative feedback they receive, at least to try to defend themselves? For example, if I could add a link to the thread for the deal that went bad, I find it hard to believe anyone would count the negative against me, but the one who left it didn't leave link it.

I guess essentially, I'd like to see a feedback mechanism where a person can at least add a quick note to justify any bad feedback they've gotten, so it can be more two-sided. I understand that mods can't actually review and referee the feedback system as it would be unrealistic, so I figure this would make it a little more informative.
-N
Old Sep 26, 2004, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

What I can do for you is edit that feedback and add a link to the thread where that transaction happened. That'll give you an opportunity to defend yourself and also let other members know what happened. If you like that idea, pass me the link to that thread.
Old Sep 26, 2004, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

That would be cool... but my suggestion stands for any future implementation of the feedback system...

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=93312
That's the thread for the deal and it's the only negative feedback I've received.

Thanks again, dude.
-N
Old Sep 29, 2004, 06:27 PM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Yeah, a number of admins have requested that feature in future versions of the hack. Hopefully, it will be available soon.

Mark
Old Sep 30, 2004, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

Good deal then - thanks for the response...
-N
Old Mar 25, 2006, 12:31 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to bring up a dead thread, but I was wondering if anything ever happened with this.

I recently received bad feedback from a member which I purchased something from. The initial shipment came in an acceptable amount of time but once inspected it I noticed that it was missing a part. Once notifying the seller it took over three weeks as well as involving moderators from the site(because he stopped responding) to complete the transaction. I normally wouldn't care, but I have barely any feedback on this site since I'm new and I would like those viewing my feedback to be able to read why I was left negative feedback. I don't feel that I should be left negative feedback because someone's too lazy or irresponsible to ship items in a timely manner, or respond to PM's inquiring where something is that was purchased weeks ago. Luckily the moderators of personal for sale forum were able to assist me, otherwise I'm sure that I never would have received everything I should have.

It's pretty sad that moderators have to get involved in any personal transactions between members on this board.
Old Mar 25, 2006, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

In the above case, the moderator did add a link to the appropriate thread to the negative feedback I received. So I still have the negative feedback, but if you look at it an dread the thread, you'll see that it wasn't really justified... or I suppose you could side with the other guy, but at least you can decide for yourself. The seller didn't link to the thread though, so before the moerdator added it, there was no way to really tell what happened.
-N
Old Mar 28, 2006, 06:28 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't have that authority, but if you contact spt or LancerEvoMR, they can do that same thing again - at least linking to the thread so you can post and explain.

You have to remember - negative feedback won't kill you. That one isn't going to make people not buy from you. If they say anything, you can explain. It's the people with 3 positives and 5 negatives that have trouble dealing. I think you're fine.
Old Mar 28, 2006, 07:36 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Blacksheepdj
You have to remember - negative feedback won't kill you. That one isn't going to make people not buy from you. If they say anything, you can explain. It's the people with 3 positives and 5 negatives that have trouble dealing. I think you're fine.

Yeah, I guess it just upsets me more than anything to think that someone that I had to get mods to threaten to deliver on their end of a deal left me negative feedback.

I'll be sending off some pm's to SPT and LancerEvoMR.

Thanks
Brian