Notices
Site Feedback / Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

Deleting threads?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2011, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deleting threads?

What's with all the threads being deleted lately?
There was one about a ball bearing FP Black and it's gone. This isn't the first one either. They've been disappearing left and right lately. The censorship is really irritating.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 10:02 PM
Admin Alumni

Originally Posted by TheMadScientist
What's with all the threads being deleted lately?
There was one about a ball bearing FP Black and it's gone. This isn't the first one either. They've been disappearing left and right lately. The censorship is really irritating.

Was it possibly merged with another thread? Or was it trashed due to multiple threads? Also, do you have examples of " disappearing left and right"? We don't delete threads simply because we have nothing else to do: it actually takes more effort to delete threads than to just let them be, we usually don't delete threads unless they violate our rules/TOS. See, we'd rather have MORE content than LESS content; it makes EvoM a better resource to our members.

And as far as the 'censorship' part of your post, well again, I'd like some concrete proof that we censor posts/threads just for the sake of doing it . ALL of our 'enforcement' actions are in accordance with our rules/TOS. Since you don't actually perform any of those actions or see them done, I'll just let you vent as you apparently feel the need to do so.

SASD209
Old Apr 24, 2011, 10:13 PM

/thread.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 08:06 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
If it was a for sale thread, they need to have item pictures with users screen name. If it wasn't a FS thread, let me know who the thread starter was, and I will investigate why it was removed for you.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 01:52 PM

the name of the thread was something like "worlds first ball bearing fp black" or something to that effect. It seems like any *****ing in any thread that is remotely controversial leads to the thread being removed.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 02:15 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Thanks for the info, I found it.

The thread in question had the OP and another member going back and forth and it got pretty nasty. As a rule, we remove problem posts, never threads. A moderator stepped in and asked them to stop, the OP went berserk and told the mod to "remove his thread and to go F himself". So the moderator removed the thread at his request.

I think this one is clearly a case of a guy that didn't want to follow the site rules and got very aggressive when asked to. Looking at the moderator's actions, he followed the guy's request and stopped the argument.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 02:40 PM

but the thread is gone so know one can see what happend. Maybe there needs to be a like garbage bin or such section where "problem threads" can go several other forums I'm on have such sections and they work very well.
Dave Buschur also had thread that was a poll about some guy he was mad at and they were arguing over knowledge and the thread disappeared. There were some others that I was watching that disappeared as well. Maybe I just end up watching the wrong ones but they sure are entertaining.