Notices
Site Feedback / Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

Site Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2011, 05:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Site Suggestions

I have two suggestions:

1. If next to your name (below Private Messages) in the upper right hand corner there was a link that said My Posts. When you click on this link it will show you all of the topics you have ever posted to. This way you could easily see all of your post topics and which posts have been updated.

2. If the advanced search feature had a check box to not include the for sale section. That way you can search the entire site, but not have to search through items for sale.

- Brian
Old May 9, 2011, 05:36 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
1. My Posts can be found if you go into your profile (click your name), then go to the statistics tab.

2. Advance Search - Search in Forums area on the right. You can select the specific forums you want to search or not search.
Old May 10, 2011, 06:40 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
You can also click a username and hit "Find more posts by ____" in the drop-down box that appears.
Old May 10, 2011, 06:49 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by boostnMA
I have two suggestions:

1. If next to your name (below Private Messages) in the upper right hand corner there was a link that said My Posts. When you click on this link it will show you all of the topics you have ever posted to. This way you could easily see all of your post topics and which posts have been updated.

2. If the advanced search feature had a check box to not include the for sale section. That way you can search the entire site, but not have to search through items for sale.

- Brian
Basically what Smike and Otter said, but there is a little more information here..

1) Second toolbar (the one with the black stripe), click my recent topics. You then select a time frame of up to a week and you can see every thread you have posted in within that timeframe.

2) Global search parameters can be as wide or narrow as you want. Example: You want to search Evolution X all sections except FS sections for Injector Dynamics 1000cc injectors. Go to the black toolbar, click Search, click advanced search, type ID1000 in keyword and select either entire posts or thread titles for your search. Then go over to the forums list on the right side of the box, and select Lancer Evolution X Forums. This will cover all forums under this header (example- all X tech forums, but no FS forums), then scroll down and click search now.

Have a great day.
Old May 10, 2011, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I also think it would be better is at the HOME screen (where there is no toolbar) it would be much easier if there was a "my recent topics" button to click this way you dont have to go into either the community forums, or click private messages or your name AND THEN be able to see the toolbar for "my recent topics"
I hope that makes sense.
Old May 10, 2011, 07:06 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by escodotcarter
I also think it would be better is at the HOME screen (where there is no toolbar) it would be much easier if there was a "my recent topics" button to click this way you dont have to go into either the community forums, or click private messages or your name AND THEN be able to see the toolbar for "my recent topics"
I hope that makes sense.
The main home page doesn't have the toolbar, because you have to access the community link to get to the forums. That is by design. If you use the forums most of the time anyway, set the community forum index as your homepage. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/index.php
Once inside the forums, the black toolbar is always visible. Make sense? Since the front page is not a part of the forums, the forum toolbar is not a part of it.

Last edited by Noize; May 10, 2011 at 07:08 AM.
Old May 10, 2011, 07:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ahhhaaaa ......didnt know you can set the community forum as the homepage. thanks