Notices
Site Feedback / Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

Why Vendors are allowed to sell "USED" parts without a picture?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2013, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would agree had I not bought a used part from a vendor that was mis-represented/mis-advertised.

I paid for what advertised to be a used DSS lightweight driveshaft only to receive a used AWD motorsports driveshaft. It was in perfect condition and worked well, but had a picture been posted I would not have paid what I did for it.
There are other parts that have been posted in the vendor "used" forum that frankly should have pictures to verify they are what they are. For example, one vendor claimed to be selling a stage III buschur head. A strong claim that is verifiable with pictures of a few key areas. Same thing for used Shep transmissions. These guys mark parts they've worked on for verification. When I asked for pictures of the critical areas of these parts they were selling, the vendors balked on me.

The driveshaft was from a reputable vendor on here. These other parts were also from reputable vendors on here. It really does not take that long to take and add a picture to a for sale thread. It's not by any means an imposition. The last few used parts I bought from vendors on here had pictures in their thread and were will to take more if needed.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 01:33 PM
Former Sponsor

I post tons of parts without pics but every customer ask me pics for the actual item right before sending payment which is the proper thing for every customer to do.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

While you and others do , not every vendor on here will. Additionally, some of the used parts are being sold off of cars bought for the purpose of partout without full fidelity that the part advertised is what they say it is.

In my case, the vendor claimed to have not known is wasn't a DSS driveshaft, which I honestly find hard to believe. I was not offered compensation or refund for this discrepancy. I had even bought a necessary part for the install of driveshaft from DSS directly. Luckily, DSS has had this happen before and were more than willing to take those install parts back for a full refund (which I was not expecting).

My point is I took a "vetted" vendor at his word and got burned. I ask that the photo requirement rule for "used parts" from vendors be reconsidered.