Notices
Site Feedback / Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

Why do mods are easier on others than some ???

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2013, 08:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why do mods are easier on others than some ???

Here is my thing, why are some "mods" easier on others than some other members here??? It should be the same or everyone. Who do we report these mods that shouldn't be mods to ??? One easy example is on the for sale section. I didn't follow one rule and right away my thread was deleted and I received an infraction. I've also seen this.... " oh since you've been a member since 20xx I'll give you a chance to update your thread with pics of username etc etc... I mean that is CRAP. But in my case it's straight delete no warning and infraction. Please respond "Mods",
Old Mar 21, 2013, 08:42 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts
We don't share history, but allow me to call BS. You personally received a warning prior to any infractions. The rules are at the top of every page in our marketplace. It is standard practice to delete the thread and hand out a friendly warning to document it was addressed. If exceptions are made, it is done on a case by case basis, and longstanding members who may not have noticed a change could easily think they already know how to post so they don't read the rules. 99.9% of the situations are handled exactly how I stated above, though.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 08:49 PM
Evolving Member

You can call BS all you want but the truth is that I never received a friendly warning just a hey you received an infraction and you post has been deleted. I can point you a thread right now that does have a friendly warning like I think it should be to help your call on BS.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 09:10 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Haha I see that happen all the time. I guess each mod is different in how they go about things.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is just human nature, in an imperfect world. Why would a mod on this site be any different then say your boss?
Old Mar 22, 2013, 09:34 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
I believe Nsomniac is referring to the warning in 2010??

We all deal with issues slightly differently, but according to the rules. I admittedly let rules slide more than I probably should.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 09:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
We all deal with issues slightly differently, but according to the rules. I admittedly let rules slide more than I probably should.[/QUOTE]

Wait, you don't always play by the rules?!?! NOPE, NOPE, not gonna believe it.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 10:24 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
I hold everyone to the letter, almost to a fault sometimes but that's what Bob had requested when I volunteered to start moderating here on EvoM.

After some internal dialog, we had decided to let the rules 'bend' for all intents and purposes when someone is selling a car instead of flat out nuking the thread. This is mostly due to the fact that when people are taking pictures of their car, it's quite often for other sites and not just EvoM. Thus it follows that the odds of someone remembering to take a picture of their car with a sign next to it with their username and the date is highly unlikely.

We post a warning in the thread and give them a day or two to get the thread updated before we trash the thread and then issue a warning/infraction depending if it's a first offense or not.

Old Mar 22, 2013, 12:50 PM
ikt
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by djikonatx
Here is my thing, why are some "mods" easier on others than some other members here??? It should be the same or everyone. Who do we report these mods that shouldn't be mods to ??? One easy example is on the for sale section. I didn't follow one rule and right away my thread was deleted and I received an infraction. I've also seen this.... " oh since you've been a member since 20xx I'll give you a chance to update your thread with pics of username etc etc... I mean that is CRAP. But in my case it's straight delete no warning and infraction. Please respond "Mods",
It's just an infraction bro, chill. It won't hurt you.

You can't take it personally-cuz they don't give them personally.

I mod a big forum too (not car stuff), and dude, It's not personal. There's like 15-20 mods, we communicate best we can teh basics in our subforum and guidlines, and from there, it's just punching the clock. It's too hectic to even TRY and make it personal against you.

I didn't give points out for a long time cuz I didn't even know how to do it
All the same man, srsly.

Last edited by ikt; Mar 22, 2013 at 12:53 PM.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 12:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by djikonatx
... I didn't follow one rule and right away my thread was deleted and I received an infraction....,

I have found the problem.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 04:25 AM
Evolving Member

I agree with this completely I made a complaint about a mod on here and every time I do my thread gets deleted haha.. You can throw infractions and do whatever you guys feel but I can't even make a thread without it getting deleted.

So call bs whatever you guys want. You guys use your power the wrong ways sometimes and I'm not saying all of you so don't all come attacking me please

Last edited by IveyTuneX; Apr 12, 2013 at 04:27 AM.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 06:03 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by IveyTuneX
I agree with this completely I made a complaint about a mod on here and every time I do my thread gets deleted haha.. You can throw infractions and do whatever you guys feel but I can't even make a thread without it getting deleted.

So call bs whatever you guys want. You guys use your power the wrong ways sometimes and I'm not saying all of you so don't all come attacking me please
Maybe follow the rules before making a thread so it doesn't get deleted?

It's not difficult guys.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 08:36 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by IveyTuneX

The Marketplace is a very active forum with thousands of new posts weekly. The moderators are asked to respond to members who do not follow the rules which were put in place to protect all members. It is a very thankless and time consuming job and I'm sure the moderators would be more than happy to go back to zero checks on the validity of items offered for sale.

You are not being singled out and the concern voicing your opinion will result in some sort of retaliatory action is ludicrous. Simply follow the rules and you'll be fine. Thanks.

Bob