Notices
Site Feedback / Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

Mobile App PM's and posting

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2014, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I use the mobile app pretty frequently. And 2 things that have become annoying are: 1) PM'ing another member with the mobile app sends them the message twice. 2) when trying to reply or post to a thread a warning appears saying some error and then the message doesn't appear. Until you back out of the thread and then re-enter. Other than that the mobile app is quite nice! Cheers, CB

The error is about duplicate posts. It seems like the 2 problems could be related. I'm on an iPhone 5S if that makes any difference.
Oh and the inserting a picture from the photos doesn't work. Could be privacy settings on my phone.
Attached Thumbnails Mobile App PM's and posting-image-1491589943.jpg  

Last edited by mouseIX; Mar 21, 2014 at 03:02 PM.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ok so it says a warning that the photo won't post, but they do lol.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 05:06 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Hi,

Thank you for the feedback. We now have a mobile template that you might want to try. When you load the site on mobile accept the mobile version. You can also enter via 'View the Mobile Site' link at the bottom of the forum page.(https://www.evolutionm.net/forums.) Please let us know what you think. Thanks.

Bob
Old Mar 21, 2014, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been using the new mobile format and am quite happy with it.

A couple bits of feedback, when you open a thread it either flicks you to post 1 or to the most recent post. I haven't been able to figure if I'm doing something different to change it. It would be preferable if it went to the latest post every time.

Also it doesn't show the time of the most recent post, just the day. Even if it showed the time on today's posts it would be good.

Last edited by AndyCT9W; Mar 21, 2014 at 06:48 PM.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 08:17 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by AndyCT9W

A couple bits of feedback, when you open a thread it either flicks you to post 1 or to the most recent post. I haven't been able to figure if I'm doing something different to change it. It would be preferable if it went to the latest post every time.

Also it doesn't show the time of the most recent post, just the day. Even if it showed the time on today's posts it would be good.
Thank you very much for offering detailed feedback! I know IB will review your comments.

Bob
Old May 14, 2014, 09:28 AM
ikt
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by AndyCT9W

The mobile format is outstanding, especially compared with so many miserable ones. You can always hit the menu in the bottom left to get the desktop view real quick, too, sometimes for advanced PM messages it's handy. You can switch back and forth without logging out or losing anything too. On mobile, I use the "Subscriptions" part to check what has new posts and doesn't. You can set it up to just keep track for you.
Old May 14, 2014, 11:14 AM
Admin Emeritus

Hi everyone,

Thank you for the feedback!

Bob