Notices
Site Feedback / Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

asistance needed by moderators re purchase

Old Aug 15, 2014, 07:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
asistance needed by moderators re purchase

I made a purchase from devildevil. He advertised a jacksbeast mode tcase (non acd) equiped with haredened crown and pinion and a wavetrac lsd.I requested pics and non were shown with his signature. I paid in full through paypal. when i recieved t case i noticed there was no lsd action making me believe it wasn't lsd. when i looked through the tcase i cud see straight through pointin to me it was stock lsd.At this time i tried contacting him. Still doubting myself i opend the end cover to chk for myself and found a stock lsd inside. I contacted devildevil abt the non lsd action. He then started telling me sumtin abt its made to slip etc and that his car spun both tyres. After telling him that i opened and checked for myself there was no wavetrac lsd, he started telling me that i was trying to scam him.
I contacted jon from Jacks transmissions to query if he really did build a tcase there and he told me his parts were supplied by map and that they jus did labour.
I stll havent recieved any pics with tcase from devildevil nor reciepts showing the parts used for this build.

any advice i would greatly appreciate
Old Aug 15, 2014, 09:54 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts
As a staff, we intervene when there are clear cases of scamming involved so that we can keep our site free from people trying to steal from our members. In cases where there is a dispute that is mostly a he said / she said issue, we stay out of it except to promote communication in dispute resolution. Your best bet is to exhaust all possible avenues of direct communication. If that doesn't work, you can post here in our member dispute section. Taking things public is a big step though, and if you do not have a factual account of everything that happened, it can get ugly for you pretty quick. Lastly, since you paid through paypal, you could file a dispute.

Not to pile on, but this is a pretty good example of why it is important to make sure you have written proof backed by visual evidence before making a purchase. It isn't a bulletproof way to keep from being scammed, but it goes a long way towards preventing situations such as this. Good luck in getting your situation resolved.