Notices
Site Feedback and Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

"code" sections in ECUFlash forum posts not displaying?

Old Aug 13, 2015, 05:28 AM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
"code" sections in ECUFlash forum posts not displaying?

In the ECUFlash forum ("evolutionm.net / Lancer Evolution 1-9 Forums/ Evo Engine Management / Tuning Forums/EcuFlash") a lot of interesting information is published in "code" sections within posts, however just recently these stopped displaying anything but blank space or, very occasionally, a very small section of the original text - see for example the first post in the https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...ion-table.html thread.

Does anyone from the admin team know why that is or if anything can be done to restore the display of this information?

Thanks.

Last edited by Speedlimit; Dec 20, 2015 at 05:15 AM.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 04:44 AM
EvoM Administrator

Liked 74 Times in 51 Posts
<p>Hey!</p><p>Thank you for the feedback. There are some changes being made to the site text editor&nbsp;which is creating the bug&nbsp;when using [Code] and&nbsp;&nbsp;'greater than &gt;' and 'less than &lt;' symbols. Depending upon the sequence it will drop &nbsp;content. The techs are aware of the issue and working to fix it as quickly as possible. &nbsp;Thank you!</p><p>Bob</p><p>Please try the link again as I edited out the text 'Code' which the text editor was trying to parse. It should show the entire post.</p>

Last edited by Speedlimit; Aug 19, 2015 at 12:08 PM.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 03:16 PM
Evolving Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ugh... Lots of useful data is not not viewable or useable. Please fix this.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...ion-table.html
Old Aug 23, 2015, 06:55 AM
EvoM Administrator

Hey,

We are all in the same boat, I'm told there is fix coming next week. Thanks!

Bob
Old Sep 9, 2015, 03:13 AM
Evolving Member

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
How's that fix coming along, been almost 3 weeks since the fix was going to be next week, waiting to view some coil dwell time tables posted by MrFred.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 04:52 AM
EvoM Administrator

<p>Hey,</p><p>My understanding is a major software update is being readied to roll out, hopefully late this week. We are all anxious to see the bug fixed, I'll post an announcement here when the roll-out is live.&nbsp;&nbsp;Thanks!</p><p>Bob</p>
Old Sep 24, 2015, 08:21 PM
Evolving Member

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
How are things traveling as far as the site update goes. I've read that the update will not bring back effected code that is not currently showing. Is this true? Is it best just to contact the OP of the original post and ask them for the info. EvoM's developers don't seem to be able to get on top of the issue, at least not in a reasonable time frame.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 08:18 AM
EvoM Administrator

The update was causing to many problems and has been turned off. Even though it is turned off it is still affecting text display. I'm hoping to get help to reverse the missing text. It is very frustrating for all of us.

Bob
Old Dec 9, 2015, 09:59 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hey, was this fixed? Looks like we are still missing a lot of valuable code.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 11:24 AM
EvoM Administrator

I'm sorry to tell you it has not been fixed. Please report any threads you have interest in, we'll see if we can recover the content by removing the characters causing the error. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. Thanks!

Bob..
Old Feb 28, 2016, 09:12 PM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Necro, if you show the source code for the bage, you can find the code. Copy and paste all into xml and use the "replace all" function and replace the html break codes with blank spaces.

Worked for me anyway.

Last edited by jmrussell89; Feb 28, 2016 at 09:18 PM.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
This is soooo frustrating... so much information is not accessible now... lets get this fixed!
Old Apr 1, 2016, 01:11 PM
EvoM Administrator

Hey,

Most of the time we can fix it on a per thread basis, I don't know if we will ever see a universal fix that reverses all the errors. Please report any post(s) you would like us to try to restore. Thanks.

Bob
Old Apr 1, 2016, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Bob really... almost every single "important" thread in the ecuflash forum had "code" attached to it as that is what we directly pasted into our XML packages... literally that entire sub-forum has become downright useless due to an "update"...
Old Apr 1, 2016, 01:22 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Fast_Freddie View Post
Bob really... almost every single "important" thread in the ecuflash forum had "code" attached to it as that is what we directly pasted into our XML packages... literally that entire sub-forum has become downright useless due to an "update"...
For a temp. solution click on the quote button of the post you want to view the code for and it will show up. From there, to view it more easily, copy and paste the text into notepad with word wrap enabled.
The following users liked this post: bpk1337
ronaldo9 (Apr 27, 2016)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: "code" sections in ECUFlash forum posts not displaying?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.