Notices
Site Feedback / Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

Petition to impeach google

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2004, 08:09 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Petition to impeach google

Seeing that the moderator Google has become pretty ruthless and power hungry lately, I would like to see him off the Evom staff. Im sure others would like to see that as well. Here's an example of a thread he is controlling so personally:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...threadid=82092

If any other members agree, please respond to this thread. Thanks.

- Kareem
Faithful Evom Member
Old Jun 2, 2004, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i agree with kareem... and kareem wouldn't do something like this out of spite... he does it cuz he loves th lancer comunity.
Old Jun 2, 2004, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

I think it's funny cuz when folks were complaining before about Mods abusing powers you preached to me about how hard a job you guys have etc.... now the shoe is on the other foot. SUX huh...
Old Jun 2, 2004, 08:24 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by BADEVO
I think it's funny cuz when folks were complaining before about Mods abusing powers you preached to me about how hard a job you guys have etc.... now the shoe is on the other foot. SUX huh...
Ok, im gonna be the big man, I WILL admit that I did have some rough points as a mod. But I did not go as far as editing other peoples posts for no reason other than they disagree with your opinion. What google did was unacceptable and if I get blown off, believe me, they will not hear the end of it. I would like to see something happen about this unprofessional behavior.
Old Jun 2, 2004, 08:27 PM
Evolved Member

that is one thread that has gone terribly wrong. are there other threads where google is caught abusing his power?
Old Jun 2, 2004, 08:29 PM
Evolved Member

hmmm. i agree the action wasnt horrible but it definatly is abuse of power, sorry to google ( whoever the hell you are)
Old Jun 2, 2004, 08:31 PM
Evolving Member

i agree!!!...yea hes being a you kno what on that thread...
Old Jun 2, 2004, 08:32 PM
Account Disabled

Im sure there are, otherwise people would have no reason to hate him. Just that Im not involved in them. Also people are afraid to speak up against moderators. Being a member then a moderator then a member again, I see everything from both points of view. Moderators aren't the elite that rule over the community, they are simply peers that help keep everything peachy and clean. I trust that the supermods and the moderator of this forum will keep good watch over this thread.
Old Jun 2, 2004, 08:41 PM
Evolved Member

IMO...he's just trying to sound like a Ivy league professor n what not... lol who cares about the per capita blah blah income of florida.. and e-bay n walmart.. lol

p.s. kareem i gotta holla at you on some DIY car painting stuff... can i PM you... i just got my air brush and my air tank!

Last edited by Kid Lancer 7; Jun 2, 2004 at 08:44 PM.
Old Jun 2, 2004, 09:01 PM
KK
EvoM Administrator

I'm sure Google will chime in here soon to explain things.

As far as him abusing his power, I think that's a bit of an overstatement. Google's role as a mod in that forum is to control the threads and make sure they are not abused or taken way off-topic. That thread had gotten out of hand within the next 2 pages. Unfortunately, Google edited a user's thread to keep things on-topic and this sparked some issues. Hindsight 20/02, deleting the thread might have been a less intrusive action, but he may have had his reasons for editing at the time.

To help clarify things like this, I'll work on a clear set of private classifieds rules so everyone knows what we should and should not do. This should help clear things up for the members and make moderating a bit clearer.

If you're gonna blame anyone, then blame me for not having a clearer set of guidelines to follow.

Mark
Old Jun 2, 2004, 09:05 PM
Evolved Member

I'd have to agree with you on the editing. It really wasn't necessary. But, other than that, it's the ONLY thing I have to agree on with you. He was just doing his job. Although, It's definitely something that I'll have talk to him about. It's really not something worth making a thread to impeach him (especially when it's just for editing a post. It's ridiculous). The whole meaning of this thread is to retaliate at Doug for his post that was assumingly directed at you. That's basically it.

This is the one and only occasion that I have heard anything about his moderating skills. Doug is a great moderator and I trust him greatly to handle that section of the site. Sure, he may have hiccups here and there, but overall it's nothing to get all excited about.

As for the all likeliness of Doug being impeached, the chances are very low.
Old Jun 2, 2004, 09:24 PM
Evolved Member

i agree with LancerEvoMR, just because of editing someone's post he shouldn't be impeached......
anyways in every thread I look where an evo is for sale, there's always a dumb-*** who points out that the car is worth crap and they shoud sell it for 1/2 the price...., can't there be a rule against that? they're obviously low-ballers who are not interested in anything but ruining the guy's chances to sell the car. THIS HAPPENS IN ALL F/S THREADS
Old Jun 2, 2004, 09:36 PM
Evolving Member

Kareem,

If you had a problem with my actions I'd rather you speak to me in private than become a giant lightning rod. But I'm okay defending myself here as well.

I do stand by my actions as one of my mod functions is to offer a "fair" environment for members to sell their products. While we might not all agree with the price set by jmlenz on his silver evo, but it is clearly not a case of fraud or price gouging. However, with the numerous Evos that have been for sale as of late (whatever the reasons may be) it has become difficult to assist these members in selling their vehicles due to the constant lambasting of set prices. Let the seller decide the price and if it doesn't move he reserves the right the modify the price or repost down the road.

To you Kareem, I again emphasize my general comments were not directed at you although I did feel your offer was quite low. I am aggrevated by the numerous "newbies" (often less than 10 other total posts) who come on and dictate a ridiciously low price that offends the seller. The reason I deleted mg_motorsports post is because I felt it was inflammatory and destroyed the tone set by the seller. I am clearly within my right to do so.

I have received feedback (emails, PMs, AIM IMs) from both fronts regarding how I have been handling the cars for sale on the site. The sellers on one hand have greatly appreciated the elimination of hijackers, while the "hijackers" feel they have a absolute freedom of speech to counter a "set" price. It is a delicate situation that I'm sure will dictate new rules being passed down from "senior management".

Kareem, feel free to reach me on AIM or by email to further discuss this matter. This will be my reply to the situation. Even after this thread I appreciate all the reported posts you have brought to my attention particularly during business hours where I cannot tend to matters at hand on this great site.

Doug
Old Jun 2, 2004, 10:20 PM
Evolved Member

Why do rules have to be set for private sellers. I DONT agree on that.

1. They don't pay vendor/seller fees, so who cares, and what does it benefit for us.
2. No one knows if thats the real seller, it can be a scammer FWIW.
3. These are items/products/cars that can be sold at whatever price. I believe we (the users of this board, can/should complain about prices anytime - if it were vendors, I would not do it.)
Old Jun 3, 2004, 06:21 AM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally Posted by Google
I do stand by my actions as one of my mod functions is to offer a "fair" environment for members to sell their products. While we might not all agree with the price set by jmlenz on his silver evo, but it is clearly not a case of fraud or price gouging. However, with the numerous Evos that have been for sale as of late (whatever the reasons may be) it has become difficult to assist these members in selling their vehicles due to the constant lambasting of set prices. Let the seller decide the price and if it doesn't move he reserves the right the modify the price or repost down the road.
I think in the case of that thread, editing the post to completely change the person's message is very inappropriate. If you felt the thread was wandering away from the point, erasing off-topic posts would have been better. Or just edit the post, leave it blank, and for a edit message leave "removed inappropriate post". There's a slew of adjectives that sum up what I think of editing a person's post in that manner, and none of them are good - I'll leave it at unprofessional, unethical, and shady.

Quick Reply: Petition to impeach google