EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Site Feedback / Suggestions (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/site-feedback-suggestions-2/)
-   -   Subscribed threads Daily Updates Stopped Working (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/site-feedback-suggestions/654472-subscribed-threads-daily-updates-stopped-working.html)

mikemike396 Apr 16, 2013 05:29 PM

Subscribed threads Daily Updates Stopped Working

Hello everyone. I want to say first off I love this forum. A nice feature that has been working for awhile now is the ability to subscribe to a forum section and receive email updates daily with new threads and updated threads. This makes it really easy to find what is new every day. It seems to have stopped working. I have not received emails for about 3 days now. Does anyone know anything about this? I would love if this worked again.

Thanks.

quicksilver7 Apr 16, 2013 05:50 PM

How do I subscribe?

mikemike396 Apr 16, 2013 06:00 PM

When you are inside the specific forum where you see a bunch of threads listed there is a drop down box that says Forum Tools. You click "subscribe to forum".

Speedlimit Apr 17, 2013 04:22 AM

Hi,

I'm not aware of any specific issues as I have been receiving emails. Occasionally they are held up by the server or ISP mail servers. Please let me know if it continues through today. Thanks.

Bob

mikemike396 Apr 17, 2013 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by Speedlimit (Post 10764045)
Hi,

I'm not aware of any specific issues as I have been receiving emails. Occasionally they are held up by the server or ISP mail servers. Please let me know if it continues through today. Thanks.

Bob

Yea I receive thread subscriptions fine. Like if someone posts something new in a thread that I am subscribed too it works fine, but the forums that I am subscribed too seemed to have stopped sending email updates daily.

SaulHudson Apr 17, 2013 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by mikemike396 (Post 10764221)
Yea I receive thread subscriptions fine. Like if someone posts something new in a thread that I am subscribed too it works fine, but the forums that I am subscribed too seemed to have stopped sending email updates daily.

You only receive an email if a post is made, you will not get an email daily if there is no update in the post.

mikemike396 Apr 17, 2013 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by SaulHudson (Post 10764226)
You only receive an email if a post is made, you will not get an email daily if there is no update in the post.

Correct!, but the 5 Ralliart forums that I am subscribed too have had new posts ands a few new threads in the last 3 days and I have not received any emails for the thread summary updates. I received the emails for the specific threads that had new posts. Seems very odd, never had this issue before, checked my spam folder too in gmail and they are not there. I just went ahead and unsubscribed from the 5 forums and readded them manually. We will see if that fixes the issue in the next few days. I will post back with what I find. Thanks guys for the help!

Speedlimit Apr 17, 2013 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by mikemike396 (Post 10764228)
Correct!, but the 5 Ralliart forums that I am subscribed too have had new posts ands a few new threads in the last 3 days and I have not received any emails for the thread summary updates. I received the emails for the specific threads that had new posts. Seems very odd, never had this issue before, checked my spam folder too in gmail and they are not there. I just went ahead and unsubscribed from the 5 forums and readded them manually. We will see if that fixes the issue in the next few days. I will post back with what I find. Thanks guys for the help!

Thank you, if the problem persists for you, I'll ask for tech support.

Bob

mikemike396 Apr 18, 2013 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Speedlimit (Post 10764348)
Thank you, if the problem persists for you, I'll ask for tech support.

Bob

After trying the manual subscribe I still havent received any emails for the forum subscriptions. It has been over a day now since I tried to resubscribe. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Speedlimit Apr 18, 2013 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by mikemike396 (Post 10767192)
After trying the manual subscribe I still havent received any emails for the forum subscriptions. It has been over a day now since I tried to resubscribe. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Ok, thanks and I'll ask for tech support.

Bob..:)

Speedlimit Apr 22, 2013 12:12 PM

I believe the issue has been fixed, please let me know if that is not the case. Thanks.

Bob

mikemike396 Apr 22, 2013 12:18 PM

Yes it looks like it has! I just recieved emails! Thanks you for fixing this!