Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2009, 09:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi peeps

Sup guys/girls just wanted to say hi. Just got in from Korea, sold my Turbo celica GTS and picked up a 05 Evo8 MR, really excited to meet you guys. Anything going on today Sunday 15th?
Old Feb 15, 2009, 09:29 AM

yeah a meet and greet at lake line mall in austin! at 2pm then we're all going out to eat sushi...
give me a call if ur down to meet! everyone's welcomed! pm for number =)
Old Feb 15, 2009, 09:35 AM

pm sent
Old Feb 15, 2009, 10:17 AM

anyone else down?
Old Feb 15, 2009, 10:18 AM

We'll be meeting at lakeline mall parking lot in front of the automotive section of sears at 2:00 and then going to eat some sushi at Mizu on 620 and lakeway. That part of the lot is usually empty. It's a beautiful cruise down there, so I thought it would be nice to roll as a pack.
Old Feb 15, 2009, 09:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by YellowEvilEvo
I have a Yellow Evo all blacked out in Hewitt, TX. Some of you may have seen my brother driving it around as I am currently stationed overseas. I'll be in town the 3rd week of April for some R&R and am down for a meet or just going down to the track...
come to think of it, i'm pretty sure i saw your car a month or two ago drive by the VFW in hewitt.

badass motor/setup. can't wait to see it if timing prevails...
Old Feb 16, 2009, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by soceur77
...picked up a 05 Evo8 MR, really excited to meet you guys...
Color?
Old Feb 16, 2009, 08:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by gravvyboy
Color?
Jake, I'm willing to bet that it was the GG MR we looked at a couple of days ago. By the way, how is that apartment search coming? I was thinking that you might want to widen your range due to the fact that you want to be in a safe neighborhood with your daughters visiting and having a peace of mind is something that can't be substituted. Also, this weather sucks by the way...!
Old Feb 16, 2009, 08:11 AM

yes its a GG 05 MR from killeen ..anyone know the background of that car?
Old Feb 16, 2009, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

Color?
Originally Posted by bankaiup
If it's the one that was located on Rancier, I checked it out with Shawn and Jake a couple of days ago. It was/is in better shape than the Yellow EVO they were selling. I personally like how the Turbo XS RFL BOV is set up and tried taking a few pictures with my camera phone that came out like crap. If this is the same EVO and you have a spare second, I'd like to take some better pictures to make sure that I completely understand the set up. From the looks of things, it was taken care of but without putting it on the highway and checking the response under full boost, you really can't tell. The turbo timer had a funny set up as it made all three lights (tarmac, gravel, etc.) come on at the same time. I'm not sure what the cause of this is and maybe a simple battery re-set would do the trick. The rest of the car looked fine. Jake and Shawn might have more to add.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by pure_evo
Jake, I'm willing to bet that it was the GG MR we looked at a couple of days ago. By the way, how is that apartment search coming? I was thinking that you might want to widen your range due to the fact that you want to be in a safe neighborhood with your daughters visiting and having a peace of mind is something that can't be substituted. Also, this weather sucks by the way...!
I've ended up raising my Base Price to find something decent, which I havn't yet. I'm looking for something gated (rare, but they are there) and covered parking if possible. There's a few new complexes on the edges of Killeen that I'm checking out today. Peace of mind with my little girls is always necessary.

Saw a GG X yesterday near the Killeen "Mall". He revved and kept driving. No deuce or nod from him.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by bankaiup

The Car Lot says that they bought it at auction in florida. Overall it needs some work to get it running properly but it did sound and look a little better than the LY that was also sitting on the lot. As long as he invests some money into it and didn't simply buy it for the HUGE BOV that was on it he's set.

I've received quite a few compliments where people have actually followed me to a parking spot just to say "nice car." This happen to anyone else around this area?
Old Feb 16, 2009, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

I've ended up raising my Base Price to find something decent, which I havn't yet. I'm looking for something gated (rare, but they are there) and covered parking if possible. There's a few new complexes on the edges of Killeen that I'm checking out today. Peace of mind with my little girls is always necessary. Saw a GG X yesterday near the Killeen "Mall". He revved and kept driving. No deuce or nod from him.
I'm chilling today as I leave for Fort Rucker tomorrow morning at 0630 until the 27th. Do you need some traveling company to look for some places? The only thing I need to do is pick up some Armor All stuff at the store. That's pretty messed up about the X too. Some guys are just like that. I saw a pretty good looking TB IX yesterday with an AMS FMIC.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 11:25 AM

Jeez Gravvyboy no one follows me around. Haha, your car does standout though. I just get the strange looks where mothers huddle thier children closer, or the long stares from people trying to figure out what it is. Sigh......
Old Feb 16, 2009, 11:50 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evoredy
come to think of it, i'm pretty sure i saw your car a month or two ago drive by the VFW in hewitt.

badass motor/setup. can't wait to see it if timing prevails...
Yeah, Can't wait to get there and take it for a spin again. My brother has a 97 GSX Spyder he's finishing the build on. He should have it done by the time I get there. We'll take that one out and break it in too.

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in