Notices
Mark this thread as Unsold

AL 1997 EVOLUTION IV Real Deal RHD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2011, 11:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FS/FT AL 1997 EVO IV Real Deal RHD(Trades Updated)

Hello all,
I'm thinking of getting rid of my IV. I'm not 100% on it yet, but if I get what I want for it I will sell it. It is a very good car, and only needs a paint job and exhaust to be perfect. I got the car imported about 3 or 4 months ago and don't really have the money at the moment to do what I want to with it. The car has no title, but there are ways around that.

Make: Mitsubishi

Model: Lancer Evolution IV GSR

Year: 1997

Miles: 123,000 KM

Options: Power windows, Power locks, Key Fob, Power steering, A/C (Hasn't been charged), Digital Climate control, Power mirrors, Power folding mirrors

Modifications: Absolutely none, 100% bone stock

Engine: 4G63T AWD(Duhh)

Exterior Condition: 7/10 Has dents and dings from shipping. Passenger side quarter panel had some shotty body work done in Japan, so filler is bubbling and paint is chipping.Driver's side roof molding was damaged in shipping. I have it but it's effed. I'm 95% sure a Mirage one is the same.

Interior Condition: 9/10 No Radio, but brackets are there. Driver's seat has a hole on bolster.

The car will need to be towed home as it has no exhaust. It is open turbo right now. I didn't receive it with the car, and Evo IV exhaust isn't the easiest thing to find in the U.S. I can get a custom exhaust made for it, but the price will reflect it. I have the OEM muffler, but nothing else. The car runs perfect it is just loud.

Some info on the IV.
The Lancer platform was completely changed in 1996, and along with it the Evolution, which had become extremely popular throughout the world. The engine and transaxle was rotated 180° to better balance the weight and eliminate torque steer. There were two versions available, The RS and GSR. The RS version was produced as a competition car with a limited-slip front differential and a friction type LSD at the rear. It also came with GLX seats and a choice of either 16" or 17" OZ light weight racing wheels. The RS also had wind up windows, optional air conditioning in some models, and a few extra brace bars to strengthen the chassis, one behind the front grill and the other across the boot floor. The RS also had thinner body panels and glass. The GSR and the RS shared a new twin scroll turbocharger which helped to increase power to 280 PS (206 kW; 276 hp) at 6,500 rpm and 330 N·m (243 lb·ft) of torque at 4,000 rpm. Mitsubishi's new Active Yaw Control appeared as a factory option on the GSR model, which used steering, throttle input sensors and g sensors to computer-hydraulically control torque split individually to the rear wheels and as a result the 10000 Evolution IVs produced all sold quickly. The Evolution IV can be distinguished by its two large fog lights in the front bumper (option on RS version), and the newly designed tail lights on the rear, which became a standard design to Evolution V, which would become yet another trademark of the Evolution series. This new generation was slightly heavier than previous Evos—the GSR in particular due to the added technology systems—but to counter this the car produced even more power—the weight of the RS being 1,260 kg (2,778 lb) and the GSR being 1,345 kg (2,965 lb).

On to the pictures.

Damage Pictures:

Driver's seat bolster

Passenger side quarter panel Filler bubbling

Passenger side quarter panel inside trunk view

Passenger side quarter panel paint chipping. Rust is only surface rust from the paint chipping off. It is NOT rusted through.

Passenger side rear door

Driver's side rear door.

I don't really know what this is worth, but I know what I have in it, and I know how hard they are to get. So I will start the price at
Price:$10,000 And that is OBO.

If you don't like the price make an offer, but again like I said you can't just get one of these anywhere. Please don't PM me to argue about the price. If you have think you can buy one for cheaper then do it. Simple.

Update: My friend is looking to buy a car! So he can add cash on top of my car for trades if anyone is interested. Things he would trade for:
Evo 8, 9 or 10
S2000
RSX-S +/- Cash(You may have to add cash depending on mods/condition.)
ITR
Clean K-Swapped cars

As far as trades I will trade for anything I think I can make money off of, but please nothing dumb. If you have something that is worth more that you think I would be interested in I do also have an 05 frontier that I could add on top.

Link for frontier: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ot...ng-cab-se.html

Contact: Pm me on here or 256-613-9651 text preferably. Salli Mae calls me from like 12 different numbers a day, so I rarely answer random phone calls.

Thanks Evom,
Justin

Last edited by tinkolby_25; Mar 23, 2011 at 10:15 AM.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 09:37 PM

Bump.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Ahhh...only if you had a title...
Old Mar 15, 2011, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by 06MREvo
Ahhh...only if you had a title...
Pm me if you are really interested, and we can talk about it.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 07:15 PM

Thread updated!
Update: I can add cash on top for a trade! Things I would trade for:
Evo 8, 9 or 10
S2000
RSX-S +/- Cash(You may have to add cash depending on mods/condition.)
Old Mar 23, 2011, 10:16 AM

Skeettt.