Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

Any Car Clubs In Nc?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2004, 02:02 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Any Car Clubs In Nc?

I live in the winston salem area,any car clubs near by i can join?please reply if u know any,thanks!
Old Apr 27, 2004, 05:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
we have been trying to have monthly meets here in NC. I am located in Charlotte so if I can help with any of our meet info I am pretty up to date on what goes on in our state. There are more a little closer to you if you want to get up on a more regulare basis. You can check on here for all of our beginings of plans. lol. we try to keep in with the lancers/evos but we do have a few others show up so we can cause more trouble, lol... you can get with me or centrylancer or gasd oz for more info we seem to be the main ones in here for the state for trying to get stuff together
Old May 2, 2004, 06:40 AM

Oh, Oh, a Charlotte Lancer club??? sign me up!
Old May 3, 2004, 07:19 PM

Yeah, we should think of something. I'm not down with the whole ECLC...it's great and all but it really doesn't do much for us...Mainly helps the NY folks. So how bout let's get crackalatin on this. And no...I'm not a newbie.......I been here while, changed names b/c it matches my aim name and fits my car better. Anyways, I was thinking of something like:
New Found Creations : something like that with NC or whatever....Just thinking
Old May 3, 2004, 07:27 PM

Oh, and to answer your question...yes there are car clubs in NC....personally I don't get along with three of them because of an old car club I was a member of back in 2000-2001. The clubs are okay and do maintain a group theme, but I'm just not down with some of the group aspects and show quality of their cars. Kind of New school with old school appeal. Like messing up spelling of their names with z's instead of s or ions. Just stuff like that........kinda of high school if you ask me. I like the mainstream or newer new school if that's what you wanna call it. I like the sleepers...like my buddies type r powered turbo civic. lowered, stock exterior, big wheels and engine mods. I also like the kitted cars with wheels and simple paint jobs. Very basic, but looks good. Not a fan of tricked out plates or neons or inside neons wrapped around speakers....that's kinda advanced auto there.. But that's just me giving my unwanted and biased opinion. Hope that gives you an idea of what clubs are in NC. There is one club that I like and they hosted the Piedmont show in March of this year. Nice ITR conversions and other stuff. Very clean, very basic with the JDM appeal.
Old May 4, 2004, 05:36 AM
Evolved Member

i like what you just said..that my whole thing, i hate all the riced out cars clubs where everything is done cheesy like from walmart or auto zone...i love the clean looks that imports can have....if you mod then go for a sweeter smoother style and not garbage, parts should improve performance not just be all decoration, that just my opinion... we could start are own club but we already have trouble with attendance...yea i am in the ECLC but that mostly helps NY and FL i think....they end up getting together all the time along with people in ATL
Old May 4, 2004, 05:43 AM
Evolved Member

guys....eclc is not jus for NY...we started here in NY....if da eclc members got mah email...it talks about section leader....basically...a leader in the area can call them selfs what they want....but...the club will be a chapter from ECLC....we want you guys to grow....we want you guys to have meets together....
Old May 4, 2004, 06:59 AM

Well, Fiesty has brought up the main issue....attendance. I know I wasn't there over the weekend....my fault guys. As for this up coming meet, wherever it's decided I will be there. I've heard that attendance wasn't that great this past meet. So we really need to step it up in NC.
Old May 4, 2004, 07:20 AM
Evolving Member

For Real Attendance is weak around here. Its like pulling teeth to get some people out of the house.
Old May 4, 2004, 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

i mean we already have the main group who can start it and get it going, we need to get the people besides us to get moving....we want to meet and try to meet...that is what we can do at the next one is try to make this more efficent, maybe even get with the main guys at the ECLC to help us out and maybe even do swaps with other states to try to get more in it! I meant no disrespect to the the group zoolancer at all as i am a member, just fustrated at seeing other states getting larger groups together and all
Old May 4, 2004, 07:51 AM
Evolving Member

Whatever it takes at this point IM DOWN
Old May 4, 2004, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

tell everyone in the state of nc what is going on then! get the word out and spread it, if need be get other cars involved and make this something!
Old May 4, 2004, 08:55 AM

So where are we meeting first weekend in June???
Old May 4, 2004, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

i have no problems helping out...hey fiesty882...please give me a call 917-528-7666...
Old May 4, 2004, 06:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Fevo7
So where are we meeting first weekend in June???
I think we are going to do the C-town plan. A whole weekend of fun. cars, bars, and carrowinds!!!!!