EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Southeast Region (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/southeast-region-43/)
-   -   Corner balance in NC, alignment shop recommendations (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/southeast-region/543626-corner-balance-nc-alignment-shop-recommendations.html)

FERNO Mar 7, 2011 04:13 PM

Corner balance in NC, alignment shop recommendations

Hey guys,

Just picked up my Evo and I'm in the process of making it a little more street-friendly. Looking for as local to Raleigh as possible. I went to apex vintage's website, and they are real close to where I live, but I want to hear other options (or feedback on apex!).

I need my ride-height adjusted on my coilovers, along with my alignment changed back to a street orientation. I can adjust my own ride height, but I'll need an alignment anyway so may as well let them do it.

Anyone have someone they recommend that has familiarity with race and street setups?

Also, my car is running a lot of neg camber, so I may be looking at fender rolling. The car is immaculate and it is BLACK. So any recommendation here?

FERNO Mar 8, 2011 02:04 AM

I may have answered my own question after some research.

I'm going to talk to these guys:
Performance Chassis

Anyone have any experience with them?

'Lectric_Blu_IX Mar 8, 2011 12:09 PM

Performance Chassis is a good shop for what you are trying to do. I get my alignments done there, and they always ask if I want a race setup, street setup, how much camber/toe etc. The guys who run the shop also race, so they know what they're doing.

Jim (jplgsx) in the Raleigh forum used to work there, and could probably offer more insight into their full line of services.

Also, check the Raleigh forum for local meets...

Congrats on the Evo! :mitsu::beer:

-Mike

detroit pistins Mar 8, 2011 12:17 PM

Jim (jplgsx) is a guru when it comes to suspension and chassi stuff around here. pm him and he should be able to help u out.

Originally Posted by 'Lectric_Blu_IX (Post 9141301)
Performance Chassis is a good shop for what you are trying to do. I get my alignments done there, and they always ask if I want a race setup, street setup, how much camber/toe etc. The guys who run the shop also race, so they know what they're doing.

Jim (jplgsx) in the Raleigh forum used to work there, and could probably offer more insight into their full line of services.

Also, check the Raleigh forum for local meets...

Congrats on the Evo! :mitsu::beer:

-Mike

+1

06MREvo Mar 8, 2011 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by detroit pistins (Post 9141327)
Jim (jplgsx) is a guru when it comes to suspension and chassi stuff around here. pm him and he should be able to help u out.

+1

Jim doesn't work at PC anymore...

OP...Head to Performance Chassis, they definitely know what they are doing...

FERNO Mar 8, 2011 01:48 PM

Thanks for the recommendation confirmation.

I talked to a friend at work and he said that pretty much everyone in NCEuro takes their stuff to PC also. He recommended them before I had a chance to ask him. He also mentioned that PC was good at fender-rolling, so I'll see if I can see a few examples of their work on that in case I need it.

I called Monica so I think I'll take it over this week. I'll definitely be at the upcoming Raleigh meets!

Thanks again!