Notices

SRI vs Stock Intake

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2009, 03:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry SRI vs Stock Intake

Hoping I could get some answers from any of you, it would help. I had an Fujita SRI on for about a good 2 months and it was good at first and the difference in acceleration was felt. Over time, I found that from neutral to first gear was at about 3000 RPMs, but I was barely going anywhere. It was at about 10 km/h at 3000 RPMs... I noticed over time the engine felt like it was working so hard to go at normal speeds. I was worried that it was the clutch since I did do my share of stalling when I first got my car cuz this is my first manual transmission car. I changed it back to the stock intake not knowing what the problem was because it was the only performance mod I have. When I changed it back, I noticed it became normal again... the pull from neutral to first wasn't so bad, and I could actually hear myself talk over the overworking engine in first. lol I was wondering if any of you had the same problem, or if its even a problem at all, with your SRIs? Is there something else I should look into like the computer system not reading the right RPMs cuz its not used to the SRI?

Last edited by Lexikon; Apr 28, 2009 at 03:13 PM.