Notices

Are there any Lancer Sportback on these forums?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2011, 12:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by eric_drummer_ca
i got one...
no mods yet.
Ditto, though mine is a 2010 RA. I was fortunate enough to get one with the Recaro seats as part of the base package (from what I understand, the later 2010 Sportback RA come with the standard GTS seats). I'm out of town at the moment but I'll post a couple of pics when I get back.

Wait, do snow tires count as a mod?

Where do you guys get the shark fin? How does it affect radio reception? Better/worse/same?
Old Mar 15, 2011, 03:10 PM

Got my shark fin painted in factory colour my visual garage from British Columbia and shipped to me. Will cost you roughly 100 bucks to ship to you painted. Takes about a week.

Seems to work fine for radio reception from my experience of having it on for the last 6 months. I don't notice the reception getting worse but the 3m tape isn't strong enough to keep that fin down for me. I had to add some trusty super glue to make it more permanent or else it would lift off.

Originally Posted by madgen
Ditto, though mine is a 2010 RA. I was fortunate enough to get one with the Recaro seats as part of the base package (from what I understand, the later 2010 Sportback RA come with the standard GTS seats). I'm out of town at the moment but I'll post a couple of pics when I get back.

Wait, do snow tires count as a mod?

Where do you guys get the shark fin? How does it affect radio reception? Better/worse/same?
Old Jul 23, 2011, 05:29 PM

How did you tint out your tail lights? I just bought a '11 exactly like yours and I'm wanting to do the same..

thanks
Old Jul 23, 2011, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by AK-47
I have one. Didn't really have time to do anything since I got it. Hope this summer will be like no other for mods .
How did you tint out your tail lights? I just bought a '11 exactly like yours and I'm wanting to do the same..

thanks
Old Jul 23, 2011, 08:19 PM

Easy enough:

http://www.lamin-x.com/Mitsubishi-La...ov-p/mt612.htm ))

Just make sure you have a blow dryer or heat gun handy
Old Jul 25, 2011, 11:45 AM

I Drive a WW 2011 Sportback SE. I`d win the award for most stock vehicle ever lol
Old Jul 25, 2011, 06:31 PM

I got the 2006 Sportback used for daily driving. Just fill up the gas, change synthetic oil every 10,000 km, plus the other standard required maintenance. Got 200,000 km already with no problem. The only things I changed were the tires and rims. Switch to BF Goodrich G-Force Super Sport. Made a lot of difference in cornering and quite at 149 kph. Only serviced once by the dealer for the timing belt. I'm very pleased with it. It seems that the 2.4L engine can deliver more. Very conservative ECU programming designed for hauling groceries!
Old Jul 27, 2011, 04:16 AM

Keep the sportback photo's coming!
Attached Thumbnails Are there any Lancer Sportback on these forums?-09072011069.jpg  
Old Jul 27, 2011, 08:06 PM

This older version looks like a Volvo lift back.
Are there any Lancer Sportback on these forums?-sportback.jpg
Old Sep 14, 2011, 07:16 PM
Day

Originally Posted by AK-47
Easy enough:

http://www.lamin-x.com/Mitsubishi-La...ov-p/mt612.htm ))

Just make sure you have a blow dryer or heat gun handy

Sorry to sort of dig up this thread, but I'm looking into lamin-x as the only alternative to our sportback tails as no one yet makes an aftermarket led version.

Which level of lamin-x tint did you install? Charcoal/Smoke/etc.

Also level of difficulty? It says on Lamin-x's site that they're easier to install than the sedan ralliart tails ( 3/5 difficulty vs 5/5 ) so any input would be appreciated!

Thanks
Old Sep 14, 2011, 08:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Day
Sorry to sort of dig up this thread, but I'm looking into lamin-x as the only alternative to our sportback tails as no one yet makes an aftermarket led version.

Which level of lamin-x tint did you install? Charcoal/Smoke/etc.

Also level of difficulty? It says on Lamin-x's site that they're easier to install than the sedan ralliart tails ( 3/5 difficulty vs 5/5 ) so any input would be appreciated!

Thanks
Go with the gun smoke ( the lighter tint 35% i think) the darker one is way to dark and you could have problms with cops.

The sedans are a ***** because they almost have a 90 degree turn in them with ridges as for the sportback they are rounded and smoother. A hair dryer / heat gun will work well.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 03:10 PM

I had smoke 17% on my car.

Sportback tails have more complex geometry than sedan ones. Go to Laminx site and take a look on a picture of sb tails vinyl. You will see a cut close to the bottom centre of the side module. That's for sticking out part of the light and it will a b**** to fit in if you don't use heat gun.

I didn't have an access to the power outlet when I was installing mines and I spend a lot of time to reapply the film and still didn't look clean. I pilled off back in May actually and started to like the original look of tails, but now looking on a ugly bulb behind clear plastic want to buy another set.

Last edited by AK-47; Sep 15, 2011 at 04:01 PM.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 06:59 PM

I have a 2011 white sportback ES. Just got it and am still making a list of things to do to it. I just blacked out the front bumper to give it that evo look and painted the chrome trim and emblem on the front red. i'll post pics tomorrow.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 01:37 PM

2010 TB GTS Sportback
Attached Thumbnails Are there any Lancer Sportback on these forums?-dsc05057.jpg   Are there any Lancer Sportback on these forums?-dsc05059.jpg   Are there any Lancer Sportback on these forums?-dsc05108_1.jpg   Are there any Lancer Sportback on these forums?-dsc05109_1.jpg  
Old Sep 27, 2011, 07:10 AM
Evolving Member

very nice!!^^

Quick Reply: Are there any Lancer Sportback on these forums?