EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Vendor Announcements (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/vendor-announcements-235/)
-   -   Order Your Ball Bearing FP Turbos Here at Spec-Ops (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/vendor-announcements/571352-order-your-ball-bearing-fp-turbos-here-spec-ops.html)

Mikey@Spec-Ops Aug 24, 2011 04:28 PM

Order Your Ball Bearing FP Turbos Here at Spec-Ops

4 Attachment(s)
EvoM,

I now have orders going on for group buy on BB Green, BB Red, and BB Black!!! Contact me immediately to get in on the best pricing around!

Your long wait is now over! As some of you have seen here on the forum. I just released that I have been testing the Ball Bearing FP Black on my personal car for the past few months. I am also the first to run a Ball Bearing Black! As a Vendor and a friend to a lot of you, I want to offer you the opportunity to have this amazing turbo before anyone else, and join the Ball Bearing family. Spec-Ops has teamed up with Forced Performance to make sure that you have the best turbos that money can buy and the best customer service that you all deserve!

I have been running the BB FP Black on my car for quite a few months and Curt Brown, a good friend of mine, has had his for a month. We both have put this turbo to the test, pushed it to the limit, and again FP has proven to build a product that can stand up to just about any abuse you can throw at it.

Personally I couldn't have imagined a turbo better than the Black... But by god, FP has made the Black 3x better yet. Your turbo will spool sooner, scream louder under boost, run more boost, have better transient response, and have a longer life span. Robert has done hours of testing on this turbo. He has reduced the oil pressure to a level that would destroy a std Black, spun the turbo much higher than the maximum shaft speed, and the BB Black after 120 hours of straight bench testing never had a single problem. After 120 hours, Robert just took the turbo of the testing block. I guarantee this turbo to my customers as a true performer, and better than any turbo currently in production. Would it shock you to know that Robert had his completely designed in house center section tested at the MHI Research and Development Laboratories in Nagasaki, Japan? Would it shock you more to know that Mitsubishi verified that this center section exceeds the factory center sections? This center section is not just an FP product, but a patent pending center section that will likely, very soon be seen around the world and used by many companies you know and trust ;)

You can purchase your Ball Bearing FP Black from Spec-Ops immediately!!!

Contact me for the best EvoM price on ALL FP TURBOS!!!

It still includes the 84mm compressor cover, 18/25psi wga, oil filter housing feed line, and the 12 month warranty that you expect from FP.

Ask yourself one question... What turbo do you want on your Evo? :D

FP's Website link - http://store.forcedperformance.net/m..._Code=Turbo-FP

Enjoy the below pictures and if you have any questions, don'e hesitate to ask!

Attachment 338407

Attachment 338408

Attachment 338409

Attachment 338410

Spitlesm Aug 24, 2011 04:33 PM

I think i am drooling, i have been looking at the FP green but i think after this write up i will be looking into the new black. Great write up Mikey, hopefully it won't be too long before i can drop one in my blue demon.

Spec-Ops1 Aug 24, 2011 04:37 PM

Spitty, don't get greedy, FP will be releasing all EVO turbos in a BB configuration shortly as well!

Mikey@Spec-Ops Aug 24, 2011 04:42 PM

Correct, thank you Freddie. The Black is just the first to be introduced. Over the next month all FP turbos will have the new Ball Bearing cartridge. ;)

Mikey

Spitlesm Aug 24, 2011 04:43 PM

You're killing my hopes and dreams Freddie lol.

Boltz. Aug 24, 2011 05:25 PM

Really interested to see some results.

Better, I definitely believe. Saying that it is 3x better is just hype though Mike, I know you're excited, but 3x better is quite an embellishment.

phrequenc Aug 24, 2011 05:28 PM

whats the benefit of having the BB over journal?

Spitlesm Aug 24, 2011 05:32 PM

That is a good question, is the difference in these new Turbos that the bearings aren't made of different metals now? I was reading up on some of FP's products, and i read that the contrasting metals in the bearing took more upkeep. Just interested to know too...

Boltz. Aug 24, 2011 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by PhrequenC (Post 9557145)
whats the benefit of having the BB over journal?

Less drag/friction. Promotes quicker spool time, better transient response and better longevity.

Spec-Ops1 Aug 24, 2011 06:13 PM

^ Hit it dead on the head!

phrequenc Aug 24, 2011 06:26 PM

in stock readyto ship?

ct9asilver Aug 24, 2011 06:43 PM

Will the newer HTA 71 also be available in BB?

nemsin Aug 24, 2011 07:12 PM

This is great news for the evo community. {thumbup}

tsidrift1 Aug 24, 2011 08:59 PM

So does this mean you wont really need all the other crap fp recommended with the old black? The $250 oil feed, the $200 hla, or the $300 baffled oil pan? I mean, yes, these are nice to have, but its what kept me from going with a black. All the other things you were suggested to run for longevity.

I know bb turbos are much less picky on oil and dont need the pressure that a journal bearing does. So, for the bb fp turbos, are we feeding from the head now then? Is there a must to use the special oils, like before with the old black?

miragevo Aug 24, 2011 09:37 PM

Does the new ball bearing FP Black need the new oil feed line? Don't ball bearing turbos use less oil pressure therefore allowing it to be fed from the stock oil feed line?

wizzo 8 Aug 24, 2011 11:02 PM

So no pricing to upgrade to bb yet? I would definitely be interested

Mikey@Spec-Ops Aug 25, 2011 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by tsidrift1 (Post 9557644)
So does this mean you wont really need all the other crap fp recommended with the old black? The $250 oil feed, the $200 hla, or the $300 baffled oil pan? I mean, yes, these are nice to have, but its what kept me from going with a black. All the other things you were suggested to run for longevity.

I know bb turbos are much less picky on oil and dont need the pressure that a journal bearing does. So, for the bb fp turbos, are we feeding from the head now then? Is there a must to use the special oils, like before with the old black?

Yes and No. Those mods are still a good thing to have to help keep oil flow to the turbo and rod/main bearings. I think the HLA will suffice. I sell the HLA with all motor builds and turbo upgrades. I have yet to have a customer lose a turbo or a motor. I would like to think the HLA helps in that.

For oil, you will still want to use a oil that is high in phos/zinc. That is not just for the turbo but for your motor too. We are now only running AmsOil Z-Rod in our cars.

Originally Posted by miragevo (Post 9557705)
Does the new ball bearing FP Black need the new oil feed line? Don't ball bearing turbos use less oil pressure therefore allowing it to be fed from the stock oil feed line?

The BB Green doesn't come with the oil feed line. The Red/Black like normal will comes with the oil feed line. The oil filter housing has better control over oil pressure than the head and the head only supply's around 40psi of oil pressure to the turbo.

Originally Posted by wizzo 8 (Post 9557817)

Not yet. Very soon though. I am thinking Robert will have the prices for me by tomorrow.

Originally Posted by ct9asilver (Post 9557341)
Will the newer HTA 71 also be available in BB?

Yes, all FP turbos will now have the new BB center sections. ;)

Sorry for the late responses, it has been a crazy day.

Mikey

-Evo Aaron- Aug 26, 2011 02:26 AM

Ive been drooling over this since i heard about it a week ago

apagan01 Aug 26, 2011 05:34 AM

sweet, this thing looks promising.

analogEvo Aug 26, 2011 07:28 AM

glad i waited.cant wait for a BB red.hope to hear about ix turbo upgrades soon

vboy425 Aug 26, 2011 07:32 AM

any dyno test FP black journal bearing Vs Ball bearing ?

Go_Lancer_Go Aug 26, 2011 09:13 AM

DUDE!! I JUST bought a FP Red, if i knew about this i would held off :( This sucks!!

Mikey@Spec-Ops Aug 29, 2011 12:55 PM

bump for some of the best turbos available to the community. Get your orders in NOW

Mikey

analogEvo Aug 29, 2011 01:46 PM

i see on the fp website the reds are ball bearing now .2499$ same price as black bb.i am guessing it spools like the the regular hta green?

RSMike Aug 29, 2011 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by analogEvo (Post 9568338)
i see on the fp website the reds are ball bearing now .2499$ same price as black bb.i am guessing it spools like the the regular hta green?

Boost Threshold of the turbo's "should" be the same as the design of the compressor and exhaust wheels are the same.

However the transient response (i.e Lag) should be much improved

kyoo Aug 29, 2011 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mikey@Spec-Ops (Post 9560085)
Yes and No. Those mods are still a good thing to have to help keep oil flow to the turbo and rod/main bearings. I think the HLA will suffice. I sell the HLA with all motor builds and turbo upgrades. I have yet to have a customer lose a turbo or a motor. I would like to think the HLA helps in that.

For oil, you will still want to use a oil that is high in phos/zinc. That is not just for the turbo but for your motor too. We are now only running AmsOil Z-Rod in our cars.

The BB Green doesn't come with the oil feed line. The Red/Black like normal will comes with the oil feed line. The oil filter housing has better control over oil pressure than the head and the head only supply's around 40psi of oil pressure to the turbo.

Not yet. Very soon though. I am thinking Robert will have the prices for me by tomorrow.

Yes, all FP turbos will now have the new BB center sections. ;)

Sorry for the late responses, it has been a crazy day.

Mikey

so if you're planning to run a BB green you won't need anything extra other than the turbo? forgive me, what's an HLA? and will amsoil's signature series 5w30 be okay to run? theoretically all that changes is that it will run smoother in cold, but protect the same as 10w30 correct?

Mikey@Spec-Ops Aug 29, 2011 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by RSMike (Post 9568356)
Boost Threshold of the turbo's "should" be the same as the design of the compressor and exhaust wheels are the same.

However the transient response (i.e Lag) should be much improved

That is correct, thank you Mike.

I wouldn't say the BB Red will spool like the Green because it wont... Spool won't change much with the BB cartridge. transient response will be different, like night and day.

I didn't see much of a differenct in spool between the BB Black and std Black.

Originally Posted by kyoo (Post 9568440)
so if you're planning to run a BB green you won't need anything extra other than the turbo? forgive me, what's an HLA? and will amsoil's signature series 5w30 be okay to run? theoretically all that changes is that it will run smoother in cold, but protect the same as 10w30 correct?

Just do happens that here is a Thread that Mike started asking about the HLA. There is a lot of good info in there and I made a few posts too (BLKCarbonEVO). Take the time to read through it.

Yes the 5w30 will be fine. That is what I ran in my car.

Mikey

kyoo Aug 29, 2011 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mikey@Spec-Ops (Post 9568518)

I wouldn't say the BB Red will spool like the Green because it wont... Spool won't change much with the BB cartridge. transient response will be different, like night and day.

Just do happens that here is a Thread that Mike started asking about the HLA. There is a lot of good info in there and I made a few posts too (BLKCarbonEVO). Take the time to read through it.

Yes the 5w30 will be fine. That is what I ran in my car.

Mikey

thanks, read up on the HLA and i am sold - seems like an excellent way of extending the life of the turbo - that on top of these new ball bearing turbos + the testing Robert has done that you mentioned in the first post, these new turbos should last quite a while.

tsidrift1 Aug 29, 2011 04:40 PM

I want pricing for the hta green bb upgrade!!!! :D

PKEVO8 Aug 29, 2011 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mikey@Spec-Ops (Post 9568518)

Mikey

This looks awesome, but I'd really like to see how the HKS GTII 7460r stacks up compared to the bb fp green/red.

If spool characteristics from jb to bb do not change, then I may still end up going with the HKS unit as it looks to make more instant power and hold torque like a monster.

R/TErnie Aug 29, 2011 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by PKEVO8 (Post 9568833)
This looks awesome, but I'd really like to see how the HKS GTII 7460r stacks up compared to the bb fp green/red.

If spool characteristics from jb to bb do not change, then I may still end up going with the HKS unit as it looks to make more instant power and hold torque like a monster.

Buy my HKS7460 and I'll buy a BB FP Black!

Mike let me know! I shot you a PM

yahu Aug 29, 2011 09:33 PM

let me know where to order, Mikey! :D

PKEVO8 Aug 30, 2011 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by R/TErnie (Post 9569182)

Haha, I might take you up on this offer in the near future. I will be looking to buy around winter/early spring {thumbup}

Mikey@Spec-Ops Aug 30, 2011 12:46 PM

pm replied to buddy.

Originally Posted by yahu (Post 9569191)
let me know where to order, Mikey! :D

Dan we will do that drug deal probably later next week. I just need to get some solid pricing before I take your hard earned money ;)

Originally Posted by PKEVO8 (Post 9570224)
Haha, I might take you up on this offer in the near future. I will be looking to buy around winter/early spring {thumbup}

You don't know Eric. He has ADD and can't wait to sell till then. :lol:

Mikey

kyoo Aug 30, 2011 03:54 PM

lol damn you are going big

R/TErnie Aug 30, 2011 04:12 PM

I just like egging Mike on :)

badhabit90 Aug 30, 2011 06:41 PM

since no one has asked yet,

is there going to be a conversion pricing available for those that already have the green, red, black??? since some already have these turbos, it would be great to see BB conversions for current customers. just a thought.. :beer:

Spec-Ops1 Aug 31, 2011 03:52 PM

Yes BB upgrades will be available at a later date, however final pricing has not been determined at this time...

zcchenCT9A Aug 31, 2011 04:19 PM

when will we know how much to convert a JB Red to BB Red?

Spec-Ops1 Aug 31, 2011 04:32 PM

When ever we get finalized pricing information from Robert @ FP

yahu Sep 1, 2011 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by badhabit90 (Post 9571534)
since no one has asked yet,

is there going to be a conversion pricing available for those that already have the green, red, black??? ...

Originally Posted by Freddie@Spec-Ops (Post 9573778)
Yes BB upgrades will be available at a later date, however final pricing has not been determined at this time...

Originally Posted by zcchenCT9A (Post 9573834)
when will we know how much to convert a JB Red to BB Red?

lol - really? ~1 hour after Freddie posted you had to ask again?!

I await the green light, Mikey! :D

Mikey@Spec-Ops Sep 2, 2011 08:18 AM

Turbos should be able to ship within 1-2 weeks. I am taking payment for pre-orders.

Mikey

KahoX Sep 2, 2011 08:34 AM

omg /drool almost pulled the trigger for a FP green for my anniversary present! now then i know fp is going to make a BB fp green then i guess i'll wait

Spec-Ops1 Sep 6, 2011 01:58 PM

Bump for pre-orders!

Spec-Ops1 Sep 8, 2011 09:19 AM

BB Bump

Mikey@Spec-Ops Sep 8, 2011 03:40 PM

Ordered 5 BB Blacks today! They are shipping on MONDAY!!!

Anyone else want in on one?

Mikey

yahu Sep 8, 2011 10:47 PM

I do! :lol:

Mikey@Spec-Ops Sep 9, 2011 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by yahu (Post 9591934)
I do! :lol:

Your Black in on order Dan the man ;)

Mikey

R/TErnie Sep 9, 2011 08:13 AM

Nice! It's payday at FP.

Strict7gsr Sep 9, 2011 08:17 AM

Best price for BB Green or BB Red shipped to 79764?

Kracka Sep 9, 2011 08:31 AM

I want a BB Green for my X :)

Mikey@Spec-Ops Sep 9, 2011 08:44 AM

pm's sent!

BB X turbo ;)

yeyeee evo Sep 9, 2011 03:25 PM

is the bb red available? pm me please

Mikey@Spec-Ops Sep 9, 2011 04:20 PM

pm sent

bigboybusa Sep 9, 2011 04:30 PM

I already have a green (non HTA), can I just get a upgrade CHRA?

Mikey@Spec-Ops Sep 9, 2011 04:50 PM

Not at this time. THe CHRA is so expensive it would almost be the same as buying a new turbo. :(

Mikey

audiofan Sep 9, 2011 05:17 PM

I was about to buy a Green, now that the BB is out, Better! great news {thumbup}

Can you quote me the BB Green shipped to 33463?

Also this would be on a Evo VIII, do I still need the install kit? oil lines etc?

It's still offered in stock compressor cover (64mm) and surge port (84mm)? I have a Injen intake which I'll like to keep using, or do I need to change to the fp intake pipe?

What else do I need to run this turbo? I already have bolts on (fuel pump, hardpipes, intake, full exhaust, downpipe, O2 housing, and cams)

Do you carry injectors? what brand? size and prices? What size are needed for the green?

Thanks for your reply

WW-GSR Sep 9, 2011 05:30 PM

Will FP be offering the White in BB? If so, can you PM me the price for it? Thanks!

tazdevilxxi Sep 9, 2011 07:23 PM

i cant wait to see what it cost to convert my BNIB black to a bb configuration

rneerpat Sep 10, 2011 06:11 AM

Best price for BB Green or BB Red shipped to 33321?

Levar Sep 10, 2011 06:56 AM

I am sitting in Afghanistan and I have been reading all of this talk about the BB FP Black. I though this was another one of those "test" threads until I read about the BB FP Red. I have an EVO VIII with a 2.3L in the works. I am in southern Arizona where E85 is all over the place. The goals for my car is to have a 500whp daily driver without a tune on the razor's edge. I read through the BB 73HTA Green thread by English Racing and it performed well and is believed to be able to fart out 500whp quite easily. I believe the BB FP Red can achieve this much easier without taxing the turbo as much. Can you PM me the price shipped to 85650 for the BB FP Red with all of the Forced Performance bells and whistles such as: 84mm compressor housing, oil feed line, installation kit, 25PSI wastegate actuator, and the FP intake pipe? While you are putting this together, can you also throw in 5-quarts of that Amsoil Z-rod? Lastly, can you post a link to where I can also order one of those HLAs as I want the turbo to last as long as possible? Thanks.

Mikey@Spec-Ops Sep 10, 2011 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by audiofan (Post 9593643)
I was about to buy a Green, now that the BB is out, Better! great news {thumbup}

Can you quote me the BB Green shipped to 33463?

Also this would be on a Evo VIII, do I still need the install kit? oil lines etc?

It's still offered in stock compressor cover (64mm) and surge port (84mm)? I have a Injen intake which I'll like to keep using, or do I need to change to the fp intake pipe?

What else do I need to run this turbo? I already have bolts on (fuel pump, hardpipes, intake, full exhaust, downpipe, O2 housing, and cams)

Do you carry injectors? what brand? size and prices? What size are needed for the green?

Thanks for your reply

I don't want to give out to much info about the DBB Green until Robert releases it on his website. Contact me at the end of the week brother.

It will come with the 84mm cover. I think the Injen intake is the biggest crap intake on the market, the design creates a lot of turbulence. I would go ahead and get the FP intake or go to a 4" intake and do Speed Density. That is what we do on all our FP powered cars. ;)

I carry PTE and FIC injectors. I have some great prices on FIC injectors right now. Let me know what you would like pricing on... I would recommend the FIC 1250s if you want a Green. I'll shoot you a pm on the price.

Originally Posted by WW-GSR (Post 9593665)
Will FP be offering the White in BB? If so, can you PM me the price for it? Thanks!

Originally Posted by tazdevilxxi (Post 9593833)
i cant wait to see what it cost to convert my BNIB black to a bb configuration

sent you a pm brother.

Originally Posted by rneerpat (Post 9594357)
Best price for BB Green or BB Red shipped to 33321?

pm sent

Originally Posted by pure_evo (Post 9594399)
I am sitting in Afghanistan and I have been reading all of this talk about the BB FP Black. I though this was another one of those "test" threads until I read about the BB FP Red. I have an EVO VIII with a 2.3L in the works. I am in southern Arizona where E85 is all over the place. The goals for my car is to have a 500whp daily driver without a tune on the razor's edge. I read through the BB 73HTA Green thread by English Racing and it performed well and is believed to be able to fart out 500whp quite easily. I believe the BB FP Red can achieve this much easier without taxing the turbo as much. Can you PM me the price shipped to 85650 for the BB FP Red with all of the Forced Performance bells and whistles such as: 84mm compressor housing, oil feed line, installation kit, 25PSI wastegate actuator, and the FP intake pipe? While you are putting this together, can you also throw in 5-quarts of that Amsoil Z-rod? Lastly, can you post a link to where I can also order one of those HLAs as I want the turbo to last as long as possible? Thanks.

Pm sent brother. I can get you the HLA man, no worries on that.

Mikey

bigboybusa Sep 10, 2011 08:38 PM

Since a CHRA for a FP green isnt worth it, can you please quote me a BB Green shipped to 92126 plz.

SamsonEvoX Sep 10, 2011 09:41 PM

I tried to find the thread about HLA, but there was no link in Mikey@Spec-Ops post on the second page. After doing some searching, it appears that it limits the amount of oil to the head other than the lifters and keeps more oil in the sump. Does HLA mean hydraulic lifter actuator? Also, could I get a price on a FP Red BB turbo and HLA?

Mikey@Spec-Ops Sep 11, 2011 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by bigboybusa (Post 9595577)
Since a CHRA for a FP green isnt worth it, can you please quote me a BB Green shipped to 92126 plz.

I won't have solid DBB Green prices for another week or so.

Originally Posted by SamsonEvoX (Post 9595674)
I tried to find the thread about HLA, but there was no link in Mikey@Spec-Ops post on the second page. After doing some searching, it appears that it limits the amount of oil to the head other than the lifters and keeps more oil in the sump. Does HLA mean hydraulic lifter actuator? Also, could I get a price on a FP Red BB turbo and HLA?

Do you have a VIII/IX or a X? And yes ;)

Mikey

SamsonEvoX Sep 11, 2011 03:35 PM

^ I have a 2011 Evo X GSR.

lakay888 Sep 11, 2011 05:03 PM

Will they fp green ball bearing for evo x, pls pm price and how to pre order thanks

most wanted Sep 12, 2011 07:27 AM

you guys doing BB FPblack upgrades? if so whats the cost Or can i send you my core and pay the difference

bigboybusa Sep 12, 2011 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Mikey@Spec-Ops (Post 9596787)
I won't have solid DBB Green prices for another week or so.

Do you have a VIII/IX or a X? And yes ;)

Mikey

Cool, contact me when you do!

thanks

gt30revolXmr Sep 13, 2011 01:22 PM

Pm me price to convert my fp red into a bb fp black please, thanks

phishy Sep 13, 2011 05:52 PM

Was just about to purchase the old turbo then saw this thread.

Can you pm best price for

Application 2010 EVO X

Black, green, red to 90631 with HLA and oil feed line, pretty much an entire setup. Can these come ported (as is an option @ fp website)

FL_SilverEvo8 Sep 14, 2011 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by wizzo 8 (Post 9557817)

+1 {thumbup}

Mikey@Spec-Ops Sep 14, 2011 04:06 PM

There are no upgrades available and no X turbos right now. I'm not sure if or when...

EVO VIII/IX Turbos only (NEW TURBOS, NO UPGRADES)

Mikey

audiofan Sep 15, 2011 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mikey@Spec-Ops (Post 9595203)
....... Contact me at the end of the week brother......

Mikey

PM Sent

rodhot6 Sep 16, 2011 07:21 AM

whats with all this PM crap!!! why cant the prices just be listed on the forum so price comparison is available for everyone

yahu Sep 16, 2011 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by phishy (Post 9602176)
... Can these come ported (as is an option @ fp website)

Yes, they can be ported. At least mine is coming ported.

Where's my invoice/tracking, Mikey! Need to hide it from the wife! :lol:

Mikey@Spec-Ops Sep 17, 2011 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by rodhot6 (Post 9607906)
whats with all this PM crap!!! why cant the prices just be listed on the forum so price comparison is available for everyone

I don't release my pricing to the gen public. Sorry

Originally Posted by yahu (Post 9608209)
Yes, they can be ported. At least mine is coming ported.

Where's my invoice/tracking, Mikey! Need to hide it from the wife! :lol:

Dan, sending you tracking now. Should be getting it VERY soon. ;)

Mikey

bbyevo8u Sep 17, 2011 02:47 PM

hey mikey is FP doing the exchange on the dbb turbo's yet? i got my red not to long ago but now i want a dbb-black, let me know if i can do an exchange

John

Mikey@Spec-Ops Sep 17, 2011 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by bbyevo8u (Post 9610680)
hey mikey is FP doing the exchange on the dbb turbo's yet? i got my red not to long ago but now i want a dbb-black, let me know if i can do an exchange

John

John, FP is not doing upgrades since literly the entire turbo would have to be changed. Think about it... All that would stay the same would be your turbine wheel. I don't think you want to pay 2000+ for an upgrade when you can sell your Red for 1500 and buy the Brand new DBB Black for just a few hundred more...

That would honestly be your best bet brother. Sorry...

Mikey

Dennis F Sep 17, 2011 04:04 PM

http://store.forcedperformance.net/m...%20Release.pdf

That leads me to believe that FP will be doing upgrades at some point.

If they don't, they just lost a customer since my FP turbo failed and I don't want to pay 2500 for a stock frame turbo when I now have this paper weight with only 5000 miles on it.

Mikey@Spec-Ops Sep 17, 2011 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Dennis F (Post 9610802)
http://store.forcedperformance.net/m...%20Release.pdf

That leads me to believe that FP will be doing upgrades at some point.

If they don't, they just lost a customer since my FP turbo failed and I don't want to pay 2500 for a stock frame turbo when I now have this paper weight with only 5000 miles on it.

I know what the website says. It will be MONTHs if they do upgrades and it will only be current std FP Blacks. They won't even be accepting IX turbos anymore since not a single part of the turbo can be used... well other than the hotside. lol

If your turbo failed at 5000k miles then it should still be under warrenty, unless it failed because of something you did. Send it to Robert to get it fixed. he is still fixing turbos under warranty.

Mikey

Dennis F Sep 17, 2011 04:37 PM

It's 3 years old. Way out of warranty. I bought one of the very first FP White model turbo back in 08.

I have never raced my car and other then some dyno time, my car is babied. I am not in a position to worry about another JB failure when my plans are for a Red sized turbo. I dropped 1400 on a white that is now several hundred bucks cheaper AND comes with the surge cover.

At this point, there are other vendors who offer packages that fit my goals.

Mikey@Spec-Ops Sep 17, 2011 06:24 PM

You have to pay to play sir... :(

Chad is converting to DBB turbos also. It is the future :D

Mikey

Dennis F Sep 17, 2011 06:31 PM

I want to go to DBB turbo for sure. One of the reasons I never went up to the Red before was because of so many failures. Weather some are because of abuse or just bad oil, I never wanted to get into all that.

So now the only option to get a Red is to spend 2500 on a new one? Meanwhile I have paid for the white which failed miserably, quickly.

Not sure where you don't think I pay to play, I did and would gladly pay to upgrade my components now, since at one point I paid a lot for it. I questioned from day one after I installed it about the surge this thing used to get and if it was safe, I was assured it was fine.

Well, once it got on the dyno it ate itself for one reason or another. So at this point there is nothing at all I can do with? That is not very reassuring and I certainly don't want to spend that money again and instead go with something like a 5857.

Know what I am saying?

Mikey@Spec-Ops Sep 17, 2011 06:42 PM

First off the 5857 is the biggest junk turbo ever. Doesn't make power for ****. It spools slower than a Red and the Red will make much more power.

It would actually be more than 1500 because you need the evo 8 install kit. If you are interested in getting a Red I have a batch coming soon and I'll put your name on the list. I have a few left.

Mikey

jedibow Sep 17, 2011 09:44 PM

BB Green HTA to 87123

Would you mind sending me a PM for the above Turbo? Along with everything I would need to make it work on an VIII.

Thank you,

George

Mikey@Spec-Ops Sep 17, 2011 11:48 PM

pm sent. Bump for some great turbos!

Mikey

Mikey@Spec-Ops Sep 18, 2011 02:34 PM

Oder your turbos for this coming week :D

saxman2385 Sep 18, 2011 04:37 PM

PM sent :D

poof83grt Sep 18, 2011 08:55 PM

bb hta green to 32008 with fp intake thanks

yahu Sep 18, 2011 09:32 PM

Thanks, Mikey! Can't wait to get it installed, but I might unfortunately stall 1.5 weeks so that I can time the trip down to ER with the HRR.

Now that Eric is married, I'll be spending some time with him to get the dump done. I know someone trying to sell an ETS 3.5" TBE that I might have to jump on to have a sweet 3.5" dump. :eek:

Mikey@Spec-Ops Sep 19, 2011 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by poof83grt (Post 9613048)
bb hta green to 32008 with fp intake thanks

pm sent

Originally Posted by yahu (Post 9613130)
Thanks, Mikey! Can't wait to get it installed, but I might unfortunately stall 1.5 weeks so that I can time the trip down to ER with the HRR.

Now that Eric is married, I'll be spending some time with him to get the dump done. I know someone trying to sell an ETS 3.5" TBE that I might have to jump on to have a sweet 3.5" dump. :eek:

np Dan. Did you get the turbo today ;)

YES get the 3.5 all the ****ing way! Wish that is what I did. You would have a leg up on me :(

Mikey

Mikey@Spec-Ops Sep 20, 2011 02:21 PM

Bump for a great deal. EvoM members exclusive!

Mikey

ktk Sep 20, 2011 03:08 PM

pm pricing for BB Red and BB black with all the necessary Evo 8 bits and pricing on parts you recommend for longevity? roadrace setup over here... shipped to 47201?

Mikey@Spec-Ops Sep 20, 2011 03:29 PM

pm set brother!

Mikey

Mikey@Spec-Ops Sep 21, 2011 02:20 PM

ttt

Awd-se Sep 21, 2011 03:41 PM

How much for a BB Green ;Ported; with 84mm Flow advancement Port to 32533? Tnx in advance.

Awd-se Sep 21, 2011 03:50 PM

Also how much for a set of FIC 1250's to for Evo IX to 32533.

saxman2385 Sep 21, 2011 04:40 PM

Just Ordered, thanks Mikey :D

cant wait till it gets here.

Mikey@Spec-Ops Sep 21, 2011 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by saxman2385 (Post 9620206)
Just Ordered, thanks Mikey :D

cant wait till it gets here.

Not a problem brother. Thank you for your order.

Mikey