Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Beatrush Engine Roll Stopper (front motor mount)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2007, 11:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beatrush Engine Roll Stopper (front motor mount)

I just got the Beatrush Engine Roll Stopper in today from Speed Element. I must say, this thing is great! lol. It's obviously stiffer than stock, as you can feel that the engine doesn't move around as much anymore when you get on and off the throttle. Also, it seems as if it's a bit easier to slide into the gears now after this mod.

The only downside is there is an increase in cabin vibration, but nothing I would consider obnoxious or anything that would outweigh the benefits of having this.

Funny thing I noticed about this when I took a test drive; When you floor the car, the engine noise sounds really different... Andy says maybe it's because the mount causes the engine to vibrate differently so it changes the pitch/tone of the engine. I sort of questioned his opinion of this, but I think it sort of confirmed it, when I noticed that when I brake and the pads squeel, the squeel sounds different also and there's no other way to explain this other than because of the change in vibration due to the mount.

Overall, I think this mount is a great product. For the price, you may be able to purchase another mount that's cheaper and may work just as good. But if you daily drive your car, this is a great compromise of vibration and performance as far as shifting feel and engine torque dampening go.

If you want it, the product can be bought here (Or just call Speed Element):

http://www.speedelement.com/index.ph...mart&Itemid=38