Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Experience with JestrTuning

Old Apr 12, 2007, 06:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Experience with JestrTuning

I thought I would quick throw in my two cents with reguards to JestrTuning and the E-Flash I recieved from them:

I initially contacted JestrTuning through AIM to inquire about the E-flash service and such. They were very polite and responsive. They gave me the low down on what to expect and where to pick up all the necessary equipment for the e-flash.

Fast forward 2 weeks to when I actually managed to get my ecu image copied onto my computer and emailed it off to the folks at jestrtuning. I waited about a week and a half until i recieved an email back from them with reguards to the payment. I paid promptly via paypal, and waited another week or so until I recieved the new image (a tune for a stock 9 with restrictor orifice removal).

This afternoon I installed the new flash and removed the restrictor orifice. I took the car for a drive around the block and onto the freeway, and, honestly I didn't think that the change would be this dramatic for an email-flash. The car went from really fun to almost unreasonably fast. Great result from the tune.

All in all, I am very satisfied with my experience. The turnaround time seemed a little long (a bit better than 2 weeks in total), but they were sure not to ask for my payment until after they had created the new image for my car. I wish I had some sort of dyno results to share, but the best description I can give is this: The car used to pull hard from 3k to 3.5k and then fall off linearly up to the rev limiter. Now the car pulls even harder starting at about 3k, but the linear falloff seems to have vanished and it pulls with that same strength all the way to redline.

I have no experience with other tuners, but I am very happy with the product I recieved.

JestrTuning's website is (go figure) www.jestrtuning.com
Old Apr 12, 2007, 06:14 PM
Evolving Member

+1 for Jestr!
I am very happy with his tune
Old Apr 12, 2007, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

Old Apr 12, 2007, 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

I'm not surprised you like your tune. John is really good at what he does. I have a 37r, HKS 280's, 1000cc injectors, and a VTA BOV. My car still still idles and never stalls on a flash!! John is second to none .

Regarding the lengthy turnaround time, I know John was on vacation recently. More than likely thats why. Good luck and I hope you enjoy your new flash!
Old Apr 12, 2007, 09:44 PM

hey do you guys know what is jester aim
Old Apr 12, 2007, 10:00 PM
Evolving Member

it listed on his website what his aim screen name. i think it jestrtuning.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 02:24 AM
Evolved Member

Tunes are great. Have gotten 2 done myself already. Anybody know if he's on vacation again? I'm in need for another tune for my EVOgreen upgrade.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 03:04 AM
Evolved Member

Do I send him my stock image with my list of mods or do I have to log them or what do I do?? stuck here, thx
Old Apr 13, 2007, 03:08 AM
Evolved Member

Logging is useless w/out a wideband. So Read the ecu through ecuflash, then send him the image w/your list of mods. Haven't been able to contact him this whole week, so don't know when exactly you'll be able to get a map back. My turbo is going in next week too. Oh, then enjoy your tune when it arrives.
Old Apr 13, 2007, 03:31 AM
Evolved Member

thx for your help
Old Apr 16, 2007, 07:16 AM
Evolving Member

++++1
Old Apr 16, 2007, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jspec EVO VIII
Logging is useless w/out a wideband.
^ This is not an entirely true statement...You can still log for Knock, Timing, and IDCs to name a few...Additionally you can look at the O2 sensor readings and get a rough / very rough idea if you are too lean or too rich. Granted it would be ideal to have a wideband, but you can get a great idea of how your car is running without one (IMHO).
Old Apr 16, 2007, 07:36 AM
Evolving Member

Jestr knows his stuff he flashed my car and I was simply amazed
Old Apr 16, 2007, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

John is Great, Never fails to amaze me

I do flashes for him, Im an Affiliate on his Site, so if anyone needs any in the NC area Im on his site to Email or PM me on here

AIM-Zach01
Mail- GT37r_evo8@yahoo.com
Old Apr 16, 2007, 04:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hksevoix
Do I send him my stock image with my list of mods or do I have to log them or what do I do?? stuck here, thx

If u send him your Mod List and Image, he can get it pretty close, U gotta remember, hes done 1000's of flashes, he can get it pretty close.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Experience with JestrTuning