Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

scammed by a member

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2008, 09:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
scammed by a member

The last thing I wanted to do was take this issue to the public forums but I've had enough. It's been over a month since I sent payment to "ilovemye46nevo8" for a MAF and airbox. He goes by the name Peter Tang and he works at Norco Mitsubishi. His real name is Piyaresth Tangchaidee and I've yet to receive the package, tracking number, or the refund that's been promised. Here's the original thread in the "Marketplace" forum...

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=315232

Once he confirmed that payment was received via PayPal on January 8th he told me the item would be shipped the following day and he would provide me with a tracking number. After a week of waiting for either the tracking number or package I called him to find out what's going on. He claimed the package was actually shipped out on the 14th rather than the 9th and he couldn't provide a tracking number because he lost it. OK. He asked me to wait until the 22nd and if I hadn''t received it by then he would refund the money...

Originally Posted by ilovemye46nevo8
you should get it by monday or tuesday. i lost my tracking receipt for it. if you dont get it by then ill refund the money. and even if it comes in you can keep the package.
I was somewhat suspicious but I gave him the benefit of the doubt, based on his vendor status at EvoM, and waited until the 24th. No package was received. At that point he agreed to refund my $100. He asked that I "open a case" with PayPal because he'd be given the option to refund my money. I did what he asked. After a week of waiting for the funds to appear back in my PayPal account I contacted him again to determine the cause of the delay. Although PayPal still had the claim in a "awaiting seller's response" status, he said he'd already refunded the money. Again I gave him the benefit of the doubt since I'd never dealt with a PayPal claim before. Another week has now passed and still no money has been refunded. And now I just received this from PayPal in regards to the claim...

After careful review, we have concluded our investigation of the Buyer
Complaint described below.

We have decided in your favor, however, we were unable to recover any funds
from the seller's account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement, recovery
of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed.

Please know that we will make our best effort to recover the funds in
question if they become available in the seller's account in the future and
will take appropriate action against the seller. Such action may include
issuing a warning, a temporary restriction, or terminating the account.
Keep in mind that PayPal uses a number of factors to determine when to take
action, including member complaints. Due to privacy laws, we cannot discuss
the details of any action taken. We hope you understand our policy and that
it assures you that you are safe using PayPal.
The bottom line is that my $100 and whatever other funds were in his PayPal account have been moved. And to make matters worse, it appears that I'm not the only one having problems with this guy. In just the past month 2 other buyers have accused him of theft and dishonesty...

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/itrader.php?u=70004

So I'm done with the friendly PM's and phone calls. I'll be contacting my bank tomorrow to dispute the charge and they'll most likely provide a provisional credit while they investigate. $100 isn't going to break me nowadays but when I was in college and highschool 10 years ago this could have seriously impacted my finances. I know that a large part of the EvoM demographic falls into that category so, if nothing else, let this be a heads-up to anybody doing business with Peter Tang @ Norco Mitsubishi. Buyer Beware! You've now been warned about ilovemye46nevo8.

Last edited by Steiner; Feb 4, 2008 at 01:23 PM.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 09:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Shady behavior.

I hope you get it resolved.

Everyone take Steiner's advice w/ this seller.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 09:29 PM
Evolving Member

thx for sharing
Old Feb 3, 2008, 10:21 PM
Evolving Member

Just by looking at his posts on the forum, that guy seems shady as hell. Anyone remember the "JDM EVO9" thread? eheh. 3 Negative feedbacks out of 9? Come on.

Vote for ban.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 10:24 PM
Evolving Member

I'm not familiar with the area but if you have any family down there maybe you could have them pay him a visit? I vote on the ban no doubt.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 10:28 PM
Evolving Member

Thats terrible.

I bought my car from Norco a month ago (****ty dealership anyone will tell you, dont go there) And I actually talked with Peter for a while as he was way into Evo's and he had an E46 M3 just like I did. Seemed pretty legit, but I guess not. He was a really young asian guy, and looked like he made a lot of money for what he did.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 10:32 PM

That dealership is horrible. Stay away at all costs.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 10:35 PM

evoM won't bite the hand that feeds them (Vendors) no mater what they do.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 04:28 AM
Evolving Member

Is his real name Ryan Fellows? Are you sure it isn't?

Sad part is, he's listed as a Vendor.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 07:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kapture2k
evoM won't bite the hand that feeds them (Vendors) no mater what they do.
Wow....that was wildly uneducated statement. You sir known nothing about what we do our how we handle these matters. Before you insult us like that, consider that we work very hard to protect our members and I personally spend quite a bit of my time handling issues so members do not get screwed.

As far as this incident goes, their are two things to consider:

This was not a vendor sale. Yes, the person in question is an employee or Norco, but this was a private sale. Therefore, you were not scammed by a vendor since Norco as a business had nothing to do with this.

Second, vendor or private, we have ways of aiding in these matters. Had it been a vendor, they can loose their account should they take money and not supply a part. We have done so in the past and have no problem removing any vendor. Same is true for a private person. So if this member fails to come through, then they can be banned.

I am currently dealing with another complain on this member, and he has been informed that if he fails to take care of this, he will be removed.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

I deleted random comments about Norco since this is not about them
Old Feb 4, 2008, 07:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MikSchultzy
Is his real name Ryan Fellows? Are you sure it isn't?

Sad part is, he's listed as a Vendor.
According to PayPal thats his real name...

Same situation here, except he took me for a little more $. He told me my purchase was shipped on the same days as you, and that the tracking numbers had been lost. I waited a few days and filed my Paypal claim and won, but same thing; no money.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CharlesJ
Wow....that was wildly uneducated statement. You sir known nothing about what we do our how we handle these matters. Before you insult us like that, consider that we work very hard to protect our members and I personally spend quite a bit of my time handling issues so members do not get screwed.

As far as this incident goes, their are two things to consider:

This was not a vendor sale. Yes, the person in question is an employee or Norco, but this was a private sale. Therefore, you were not scammed by a vendor since Norco as a business had nothing to do with this.

Second, vendor or private, we have ways of aiding in these matters. Had it been a vendor, they can loose their account should they take money and not supply a part. We have done so in the past and have no problem removing any vendor. Same is true for a private person. So if this member fails to come through, then they can be banned.

I am currently dealing with another complain on this member, and he has been informed that if he fails to take care of this, he will be removed.
Thank you for the update Charles. I'll be watching to see how this all shakes out. And hopefully you can understand my confusion behind the title of this thread. Underneath ilovemye46nevo8's name it says "Platinum Vendor" in big silver letters. Underneath that it gives a vendor sales rating. Although this sale was technically made "off the clock", so to speak, I feel like this is more than a simple private party sale gone bad. Whether or not Norco ownership and/or management agrees with this assessment is probably irrelevant however. The fact that one of their own is playing some (now very public) games with a portion of their prospecting base will definitely not help their short term chances of internet generated business through EvoM.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LOL wasnt that the guy with the Special Edition J-Spec MR LOL
Old Feb 4, 2008, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

+1 one on the ban, i so not think it should matter if it was made somewhere else. the point is the person is a vendor on this site and has done people on this site wrong, god only knows who else, and he should be dealt with accordingly. thanks for the info steiner i will never deal with him

Quick Reply: scammed by a member