EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/vendor-service-parts-tuning-review-176/)
-   -   Siliconeintakes.com review (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/vendor-service-parts-tuning-review/311718-siliconeintakes-com-review.html)

FullOutPwr Dec 6, 2007 08:01 AM

Siliconeintakes.com review

I hope someone has mentioned this place before, as they are the ****!! T-bolts are as cheap as you can find them on the net, silicone couplers are CHEAAAAP and shipping is incredibly fast. I ordered a full t-bolt kit for my car as well as some couplers to correct my uicp that the vendor shipped incorrectly as well as other items, and got everything shipped the same day and from CO had it the next day.

FYI- I e-mailed the guy before my first order @ 2:30 AM and thought i'd wait til the next day for a response. 2 minutes later I got a response... how is that!!

Siliconeintakes.com = {thumbup} {thumbup} {thumbup} :beer: :beer: :beer:

Evo Girlie Dec 6, 2007 08:06 AM

i got my set from there but i couldnt use the 1.5 inch ones. I tighten them all the way to the end and it still was lose for the bov connection so i had to keep my other ones for that

FullOutPwr Dec 6, 2007 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Evo Girlie (Post 5027514)
i got my set from there but i couldnt use the 1.5 inch ones. I tighten them all the way to the end and it still was lose for the bov connection so i had to keep my other ones for that

Weird... they fit perfect for me? :confused:

BlckEvo8 Dec 7, 2007 01:30 AM

+1 for T-bolt kit, I just got mine.

Wicked E Dec 7, 2007 01:33 AM

They are 10 mins from my house. Their T-Bolt clamps rock!! I was able to eliminate a boost leak when I found out my worm clamp was not grabbing properly.

Cheers-
Erich

dos531 Dec 7, 2007 02:30 AM

Yep they are good I got a bunch of clamps and couplers from them for my sti.

fugiwara Dec 7, 2007 03:17 AM

I just got my t bolt clamps on Wednesday. I installed them yesterday, yes, their response is fast and t bolts clamps are the least inexpensive.

I was gonna get the evo t clamp kit, but the 3" comes in the kit where the throttle body goes is too big and you don't need the 1.5" for the dv. So I just order 2.5" for the ic pipe and 2.75" for the throttle body.

FullOutPwr Dec 7, 2007 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by Wicked E (Post 5030506)
They are 10 mins from my house. Their T-Bolt clamps rock!! I was able to eliminate a boost leak when I found out my worm clamp was not grabbing properly.

Cheers-
Erich

Same here... after installing the t-bolts I picked up 2 psi... must have really been working the worm drives @ 24 psi.

coolnick Dec 7, 2007 07:54 AM

I ordered all my DSM stuff from them, they are on the ball for sure. I used to get stuff from hightempsilicone.com but they take several weeks to deliver and never respond to phone or email. {thumbdwn}

Silicone intakes FTW. :D

ballallday89 Dec 7, 2007 09:57 AM

I really appreciate this review. I was just looking for a good company to order t bolt clamps from last night and couldnt find one with a price i was happy. Thanks!

Positron Dec 7, 2007 10:56 AM

+1, just ordered 4 t bolt clamps for my FMIC.

EJEvo Dec 8, 2007 08:18 PM

Good testimonials - you got me to place an order. Commissions for everyone! :)

For those who either did or didn't have problems with the 1.5" clamps fitting, are you using a stock DV or after-market?

Wicked E Dec 9, 2007 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by EJEvo (Post 5035976)
Good testimonials - you got me to place an order. Commissions for everyone! :)

Please PM me for my Paypal addy to send the commission money to... :lol:

You can't go wrong with their T-Bolt clamps!! {thumbup}

Guys, PLEASE be sure you order or ask for the 2.75 T-Bolt for the throttle body. Most are having tightening issues with the 3.0. My order happened to have it in the box without me asking for it.

Cheers-
Erich

EJEvo Dec 9, 2007 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Wicked E (Post 5036348)
Please PM me for my Paypal addy to send the commission money to... :lol:

Whoa, whoa, whoa - that's SiliconeIntakes.com 's job! :lol:

Originally Posted by Wicked E (Post 5036348)
Guys, PLEASE be sure you order or ask for the 2.75 T-Bolt for the throttle body. Most are having tightening issues with the 3.0. My order happened to have it in the box without me asking for it.

I just added a 2.75" clamp to the kit and figured I'd be set one way or the other.

JorgeYaHeard Oct 25, 2009 08:19 PM

Not to bring things up from the dead, but I just ordered these last weekend and had them two days later. The kit comes with the 2.75" and a 3" clamp for the throttle body so no need to order extra. Everything fit great and with a price that low this is a no brainer. This should be one of the first mods on everyone's list. After the T-bolts and switching to a IX metal dv I had to turn the boost controller back down as it was hitting 25psi instead of the usual 20psi. :eek:

Great product and fast shipping!{thumbup}