Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2005, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old May 8, 2005, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dustin@Vishnu
I'm not going to do that because it's already stirring things up enough with the resident Kool Aid drinkers. Sheesh....

shiv
At least Works makes a lil power for Evos. Cobb must make a strong dose of Kool Aid.
Old May 8, 2005, 06:58 PM
Evolving Member

IE- whats the update on your car? You going to let me make a pass with it?
Old May 8, 2005, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Drews_WRX
IE- whats the update on your car? You going to let me make a pass with it?
It is done. BTW Why would I let u make a pass in my car? Like u are John Force or Curt Brown of Drag racing and I am Charlie Brown/Homer Simpson.
Old May 8, 2005, 07:12 PM
Evolving Member

you said it.
Old May 8, 2005, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu
Because after I reflashed an STi there a couple of months ago, the dyno operator said that he's never seen those kind of results before with the Cobb stuff. IIRC, the STi I tuned made close to 310whp on pump gas. With just an exhaust and reflash. 300whp with the CA 91oct baseline map, in fact.

Shiv
So was it an off-the-shelf map or did you tune it yourself(or someone from your company)?

Mika
Old May 8, 2005, 07:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by finnrex
So was it an off-the-shelf map or did you tune it yourself(or someone from your company)?

Mika
Kool Aid boy leave. U probably believe Stis have more potential on the stock block than Evos also. Have a glass for me and don't give none to Azar and the 3071 ATP kit rules fanboi. His kool aid is very potent.
Old May 8, 2005, 08:16 PM
Evolved Member

C'mon IE, don't playa hate the guy, he already set the record straight...

Finnrex, I'm sure Shiv will answer your question, but going from his past posts, it looks like he is saying that a particular STi, running just an exhaust and a reflash, made 300whp using the baseline 91 Octane map and then made 310whp after he custom tuned it further.

l8r)
Old May 9, 2005, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by IE Evo
Kool Aid boy leave. U probably believe Stis have more potential on the stock block than Evos also. Have a glass for me and don't give none to Azar and the 3071 ATP kit rules fanboi. His kool aid is very potent.

Wow. More classy comments. to you...

Actually, the 4G63 is more potent with the stock internals than the EJ205. Period. I've said that on NAbisco, I'll say it here. I'm asking if Shiv tuned that particular STi at FIS or if he just sent an off-the-shelf map. From the looks of it, it seems that he tuned it himself to make the 310 on 93, and 300 on the 91. I wasn't sure by his wording, that's all. If he made 310 hp on 93, that's great. More power to him.

Mika
Old May 9, 2005, 05:40 AM
Evolved Member

Wow. More classy comments. to you...

Actually, the 4G63 is more potent with the stock internals than the EJ205. Period. I've said that on NAbisco, I'll say it here. I'm asking if Shiv tuned that particular STi at FIS or if he just sent an off-the-shelf map. From the looks of it, it seems that he tuned it himself to make the 310 on 93, and 300 on the 91. I wasn't sure by his wording, that's all. If he made 310 hp on 93, that's great. More power to him.

Mika
Your question has been answered 4 times already!!!

91 octane... 300WHP on a baseline map
91 octane... 310WHP custom tuned map

Stop asking already and READ

- Steve
Old May 9, 2005, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by IE Evo
Let the guy speak .... I think most of us would like to see an open minded discussion ....
Old May 10, 2005, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by SuperHatch

- Steve
91 octane makes 300 and 310 horsepower? You're dead on, my friend. BTW, I can read. Maybe you should try this. Reading comprehension. I was asking if it was off-the-shelf or if it was a custom tune. Do you know the difference?
As I said earlier, I was assuming a custom tune. If that's the case, then good for that STi.

On a 93 octane tune where Shiv made 310 horsepower(the FIS dyno) with a turboback and engine management. That ain't bad at all. On the same dyno though, a guy with a turboback and an Accessport ran 298 hp/308 torque. Which is respectable if you ask me, for an off-the-shelf map.

No one is arguing whether or not a custom tune is better than an off-the-shelf map. Custom tune will be better every single time, as long as the tuner is capable(and I have no doubt that Shiv is).

This thread really opened my eyes about the 91 Cali water and altitudes. I've always lived near sea level(either Florida or Texas). Guess Cobb's got their work cut out for them with Cali tunes. I haven't heard too many guys in Texas that are disappointed with the AP. Me personally, I'm happy with it. If you guys wish, I can post the dyno results(not necessarily in this forum, out of respect to Vishnu). If not, it's all good.

Bottom line is that Drew's happy. More power to ya.

FWIW, Evo's got 16 years of aftermarket toys to work with. STi's got like 2? It certainly helps that the Evo has a cast-iron block too. Pistons don't wave bye bye like on the STi's with higher hp applications.

The only reason I went with the STi is 'cuz of "satan's" reputation. Not that Subaru is much better, but I work at a Subaru dealership, so it's a bit easier for me to warranty work. I love my STi, you guys love your Evo's. Like so many other threads/people have said, Evo=track car, STi=daily driver.

Mika
Old May 10, 2005, 06:27 AM
Evolved Member

91 octane makes 300 and 310 horsepower? You're dead on, my friend. BTW, I can read. Maybe you should try this. Reading comprehension. I was asking if it was off-the-shelf or if it was a custom tune. Do you know the difference?
As I said earlier, I was assuming a custom tune. If that's the case, then good for that STi.
You're telling me to learn reading comprehension? Let me break it down for you...

Shiv Posted this about 28 posts in...

Originally Posted by Shiv
Because after I reflashed an STi there a couple of months ago, the dyno operator said that he's never seen those kind of results before with the Cobb stuff. IIRC, the STi I tuned made close to 310whp on pump gas. With just an exhaust and reflash. 300whp with the CA 91oct baseline map, in fact.
In this post it says "The STI I tuned made close to 310whp on pump gas." meaning custom tuned, and then 2 sentences later says "300whp with the CA 91oct baseline map, in fact." so untuned, on the base map he loaded before he tuned it, it made 300WHP.

Then you asked in the very next post, like you didn't even read what Shiv said...
Did you tune the STi yourself(w/ 310 hp on pump), or was this an off-the-shelf map?
He said he threw on a base map and then tuned it, you must have mis interpretted that...

The immediately after your post, Drews_WRX replied....

Originally Posted by Drews_WRX
straight from the horses mouth
In which he quoted Shiv saying "300whp with the CA 91oct baseline map, in fact."

Then you asked AGAIN...

And the ironic part, is that in that very post, you quote shiv saying "STi I tuned made close to 310whp on pump gas. With just an exhaust and reflash. 300whp with the CA 91oct baseline map, in fact." In which he says the STI I tuned, meaning yes, he tuned it himself, and he says "300whp with the CA 91oct baseline map" so yes, he dynoed with both a base map and custom map... asked and answered...

Then it was answered AGAIN!!!!

Finnrex, I'm sure Shiv will answer your question, but going from his past posts, it looks like he is saying that a particular STi, running just an exhaust and a reflash, made 300whp using the baseline 91 Octane map and then made 310whp after he custom tuned it further.
Do I need to explain what 300WHP baseline 91 octane means, and 310WHP custom tuned means again?!?!?

Then you ASKED AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

From the looks of it, it seems that he tuned it himself to make the 310 on 93, and 300 on the 91. I wasn't sure by his wording, that's all. If he made 310 hp on 93, that's great. More power to him.
And I'm not even sure where you're getting this 93 octane number from since Shiv's mentioned 91 octane and only 91 octane in every post he's made.

To which I replied, simply because I was getting tired of hearing the same question OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!!

Originally Posted by ME

In which it was answered one FINAL time...

And you have the nerve to tell me to get some reading comprehension skills? Look in the mirror man...

- Steve
Old May 11, 2005, 10:59 AM

You guys are funny.

You also exemplify why I do not like most evo owners. And that's coming from someone who put years of effort and money into a very quick DSM.
Old May 11, 2005, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by subieworx
You guys are funny.

You also exemplify why I do not like most evo owners. And that's coming from someone who put years of effort and money into a very quick DSM.
b/c we get upset when tuning doesn't show results?

once you get past the cognitive dissonance, you feel better

Quick Reply: Drew WRX: Accessport vs. XEDE